Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jess2205)
    that really does suck! Me & Michael are sort of in the middle of a similiar patch, and in some ways its better than ever now as I know it can't be much different because of the distance between us and the length i'm away, I imagine it doubly sucks now as your so close to the end, but do your best to continue talking, stay in touch as often as you can and hopefully things will change for the better when you return! I hope it all works out for you :hugs:
    Thank you :hugs: That makes me feel a bit better. That's pretty much the plan I think- stay friends, stay in touch, then see how things pan out in the new year. Honestly- it's kind of a relief to finish it- we're both so stressed out about everything else in our lives at the moment, it will be kind of nice to have some time to myself and with my family without worrying about how he's feeling and what he's doing. Maybe when we're closer together and can have a less stressed less pressure relationship it might all fall back into place- if not then it wasn't meant to be.
    Hope everyone else has better luck than I did!

ReputationRep:
    I really miss Martin right now.

He hasn't called yet either. Bed is going to be terrible tonight.

ReputationRep:
    I really miss my boyfriend too! I wish I could sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    I really miss my boyfriend too! I wish I could sleep.
    :hugs:

me too. i'm hoping his shirt will tide me over tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    :hugs:

me too. i'm hoping his shirt will tide me over tonight.
    Ooh, that's a good idea. I don't have a shirt but my boyfriend bought be a toy kangaroo the last time I was with him, and before I had to leave he sprayed it with his aftershave. *hugs kangaroo*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    Ooh, that's a good idea. I don't have a shirt but my boyfriend bought be a toy kangaroo the last time I was with him, and before I had to leave he sprayed it with his aftershave. *hugs kangaroo*
    *clings on to little grey bear...* :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subtle_aurora)
    *clings on to little grey bear...* :sad:
    *Gazes at photos on wall...*

...we could do this all day :P

ReputationRep:
    Guys, please, there's a chat thread for this (link in my sig). I don't want people to be put off asking for advice in here because there's too much spam, and it's a little unfair since it's what we were chucked out of H&R for in the first place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Guys, please, there's a chat thread for this (link in my sig). I don't want people to be put off asking for advice in here because there's too much spam, and it's a little unfair since it's what we were chucked out of H&R for in the first place...
    Oops, sorry... didn't even know there was a chat thread!!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    me too. martin would never do the rose petals....but ohhh.

when we were in montreal the second time (i went up to visit a year after our first visit) we stayed in the ritz carlton downtown. and we got room service in...and one really cold day, he bought me this adorable umbrella, and put a duct tape heart on the outside. (it's clear plastic and completely dome shaped) and he made out with me under it all around downtown montreal, and he kept giving me the whiskey flask and mmmier and mmmmmier kisses, under the umbrella, and it was so romantic. and it was snowing outside and and and.

that was a most wonderful day.
    Hehe, I guess they all do their little romantic things though!

Aww, that's really nice!

The nice days make me sad when I remember them..
    Josh is moody with me tonight:mad:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by lucyhol1012)
    I think I might join in too

1) When I'm sleeping and I have a really bad dream of I'm restless, he'll grab tightly hold of me and hug and whisper to me that things are okay and makes me feel all safe again.
    2) When he's sad he hides his head and cuddles into me really close and I put my arms around him really tightly so that he isn't upset any more.
    3) He rings me when he goes to bed at night, even if I'm already asleep, just so we can chat. It's times like them that when I hear "I love you" I melt even more inside.
    4) He'll send me a text just saying "I love you" or "I'm thinking of you" but they always come when I need him most, its as though he knows how much I need him at that moment.
    5) Now that he's away at Uni, he's told me I can ring him whenever I need him - no matter what the time. Even if I've just had a bad dream. It's amazing the way he gives me his time when I know he's busy to look after me even though he's far away.

Oh I cannot wait for him to come home
    Aww, that's amazingly sweet!

When are you seeing him next?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Oops, sorry... didn't even know there was a chat thread!!
    Bumma, neither did I! *runs to that instead...*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Aww, that's amazingly sweet!

When are you seeing him next?

2 weeks today I cannot wait.

I was just wondering... How do you deal with the night times, when you go to sleep and it kind of dawns on you how far away they are?
    I find that time the hardest. Any advice for me?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by lucyhol1012)
    2 weeks today I cannot wait.

I was just wondering... How do you deal with the night times, when you go to sleep and it kind of dawns on you how far away they are?
    I find that time the hardest. Any advice for me?
    2 weeks too! We can count down together!!

I'm not sure to be honest, we speak right before we go to bed, so we chat for about half an hour, then send a good night text and then go to sleep. Most of the time I go to bed smiling thinking that tomorrow will be one day closer.. That's the only little phrase that keeps me going. To be honest the time for me that is hardest is 4-8 when he's working, my mums out at this time too so i'm alone and i do most of thinking at this time.

I think you just need to have something of his...I hug a horse teddy that Josh brought me for valentines day, and I often wear his t-shirt. Then I just look forward to the next day thinking that each day is one step closer.. I guess that's the only good thing you can think about..Because I miss him hugging me. And this morning I woke up freezing and thought if he had of been there I wouldnt have been cold:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, I guess they all do their little romantic things though!

Aww, that's really nice!

The nice days make me sad when I remember them..
    Josh is moody with me tonight:mad:
    oh no. :hugs: maybe he's just feeling ill/stressed out about school....i know sometimes i just snap at anyone and everyone for no reason at all when i'm feeling particularly bad.

give him some extra lovin!

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks too! We can count down together!!

I'm not sure to be honest, we speak right before we go to bed, so we chat for about half an hour, then send a good night text and then go to sleep. Most of the time I go to bed smiling thinking that tomorrow will be one day closer.. That's the only little phrase that keeps me going. To be honest the time for me that is hardest is 4-8 when he's working, my mums out at this time too so i'm alone and i do most of thinking at this time.

I think you just need to have something of his...I hug a horse teddy that Josh brought me for valentines day, and I often wear his t-shirt. Then I just look forward to the next day thinking that each day is one step closer.. I guess that's the only good thing you can think about..Because I miss him hugging me. And this morning I woke up freezing and thought if he had of been there I wouldnt have been cold:mad:
    I know how you feel. When I went to bed last night I was freezing and just burst out into tears. In fact, I'm about to do that now. Hopefully this evening I can talk to Martin, but I'm trying not to count on it, as he might go out with friends that he hasn't seen in awhile or something. I know it's terrible and clingy, but after two days without talking at all, I would be very upset if he didn't call tonight.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    oh no. :hugs: maybe he's just feeling ill/stressed out about school....i know sometimes i just snap at anyone and everyone for no reason at all when i'm feeling particularly bad.

give him some extra lovin!
    Hmm, I would if I could, but.. it's hard over the phone without sounding like a stuck record "I love you..are you ok..cheer up.. I love you"

His uni work is stressing him out, thats all I know
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I know how you feel. When I went to bed last night I was freezing and just burst out into tears. In fact, I'm about to do that now. Hopefully this evening I can talk to Martin, but I'm trying not to count on it, as he might go out with friends that he hasn't seen in awhile or something. I know it's terrible and clingy, but after two days without talking at all, I would be very upset if he didn't call tonight.
    Aww no :hugs: back! Tell him you just want a quick chat to see if he's ok!
    The horrible weathers making everything worse..it's constantly cold and you constantly feel miserable!

I nearly had a cry today too..

ReputationRep:
    Aww no :hugs: back! Tell him you just want a quick chat to see if he's ok!
    The horrible weathers making everything worse..it's constantly cold and you constantly feel miserable!

I nearly had a cry today too..
    i know, i hate winter. it makes me want to plaster photos of spring and summer all over the walls of my house. and i hate calling his house myself because i get so shy talking to his parents if they pick up. ah well, i think i might give them a ring and tell them to tell martin to call me when he gets home. i don't think that's too unreasonable. :shifty:

Has anyone been in a relationship that was LD from the start...or is that a stupid question? Just theres this guy who I got chatting too and we eventually met up and the time we spent together was amazing...but I wonder if I would be able to be in a relationship with him when weve never lived close or been able to spend much/enough time together? Would it be too difficult?
    Ergh complicatedness.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.