Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre watch

ReputationRep:
    Sue does love her cheap airlines :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suek)
    What cities are we talking about here Keni? Is there no way you could fly more often? Cheap airlines and all?
    Well am from Largs, and the closest airport is around 40mins drive away (either Glasgow or Preswick airport) - and I cant drive.
    She lives in Nottingham which is roughly 20mins drive from EMAirport.
    Its hard to fly often since I'm bound down since I work at my parent's shop and they're quite dependant on me to be there every week - since my sister is at uni and no longer able to cover my shifts - though this year it may change since she's changing uni's. Previously, only when my sister came back for holidays such as Easter or Xmas, could I make a visit down there.

ReputationRep:
    To those who are going into Uni - and say, your current partner is going to another Uni.

Do you doubt yourself whether you can make your current relationships last, since you'd be meeting so many new people and there'd be a chance you'd fall for someone new?

Just some things/doubt that I'm running over in my mind.

ReputationRep:
    If you really, really love them then the hardest thing by far is to be separated from them, not to be faced with loads of people to fall for, I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    So many thread about this, use the search function.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt at all, my boyfriend is the man I want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suek)
    No doubt at all, my boyfriend is the man I want.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is going to break up with me before I go. Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackathon)
    aw

Well, you'll have more fun at Freshers Week!!

ReputationRep:
    So what's the point of staying together now then??

ReputationRep:
    Well lucky for me, my boyfriend and I want do the same subject in the same university :]...
    However if we where seperated I would have no worries as I am confident that our relationship can with stand anything.
    So if your relationship is strong and steady and you pick up your confidence then I'm sure you will have nothing to worry about!
    After all if you wasnt going to university and taking up a full time job you would be in the same situation.
    Ciao for know
    .X.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History Rocks)
    After all if you wasnt going to university and taking up a full time job you would be in the same situation.
    Except with a full time job you'd most like commute and therefore go home every day so you'd see your partner everyday still. With Uni you'd be away for long periods of time and not see them until holiday time.

ReputationRep:
    Woo, thanks for the stickiness, powers-that be It's mod-tastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bkcr20)
    If you really, really love them then the hardest thing by far is to be separated from them, not to be faced with loads of people to fall for, I'd say.
    Exactly And if you're in love then you shouldn't even be looking at other people anyways. Yeah there's been people I've seen and thought "hmm he looks nice" but I've never seriously thought "I wish I was single so I could be with X" - my boy and I have spoken about it but more from the point of view of "If I was single then....." but never with any seriousness. We both agreed that this year woul have been so different for us at Uni if we weren't together but we both said that we wouldn't change this past year for anything :love:

(Original post by EvilSheep)
    My thoughts exactly :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvilSheep)
    For a good summer?

ReputationRep:
    For a good summer?
    How can it be good when you're falling even more for someone that you know you absolutely have no future with? Why not cut your losses now? :confused: Is there a real reason you don't want to give going LD a try or is more the fact that you're worried things won't work out? Not trying to pry, it was just the way you said it seems like you haven't really talked about it Maybe you could?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbandtr4eva)
    How can it be good when you're falling even more for someone that you know you absolutely have no future with? Why not cut your losses now? :confused: Is there a real reason you don't want to give going LD a try or is more the fact that you're worried things won't work out? Not trying to pry, it was just the way you said it seems like you haven't really talked about it Maybe you could?
    I said before its not me that doesn't want to try it, its my girlfriend... Shes said its too far to work. Even though its about 30 - 40 minutes on the train.

ReputationRep:
    I said before its not me that doesn't want to try it, its my girlfriend... Shes said its too far to work. Even though its about 30 - 40 minutes on the train.
    That seems really daft to me and a complete shame 30-40 minutes is nothing :mad: I hope you two have a good summer though and try not to think too much about the future Good luck at Uni, where you off to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbandtr4eva)
    That seems really daft to me and a complete shame 30-40 minutes is nothing :mad: I hope you two have a good summer though and try not to think too much about the future Good luck at Uni, where you off to?
    Thanks yer, I keep moaning about it. She says shes going to spend days and days crying after I leave though, so there is some revenge.:rolleyes:
    Royal Holloway, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, it's in your sig - duh - blonde moment lol Revenge is sweet :p: Well have a good time

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.