Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how come?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determination.)
    Yeah i agree nights are soo hard. We ring each other every night when were not together but its just not the same + i worry about himwhen hes at home, just silly things like getting robbed and stuff makes it harder
    I completely understand. My boyfriend is going to a Christmas party tonight and I'm worrying that he might not get home okay and all sorts. I wish I was there to look after him. He felt all ill and rubbish last night and I just wanted to be there to give him a cuddle and make him better.

But it makes it harder when I'm missing him LOADS already. I've felt rubbish all day so that doesn't help. I'm looking forward to going to bed and putting this day behind me to be honest

ReputationRep:
    aww *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Depends on the couple entirely. Some people view opposite ends of the country too far and can't make it work. I'm probably the furthest I could possibly get from my boyfriend and we manage to make it work.
    Welcome anyway...What's your sitch?

haha, I feel the same way. he might aswell be at the north pole for all the difference it would make

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyhol1012)
    I completely understand. My boyfriend is going to a Christmas party tonight and I'm worrying that he might not get home okay and all sorts. I wish I was there to look after him. He felt all ill and rubbish last night and I just wanted to be there to give him a cuddle and make him better.

But it makes it harder when I'm missing him LOADS already. I've felt rubbish all day so that doesn't help. I'm looking forward to going to bed and putting this day behind me to be honest
    :hugs:

I feel the same way, only my guy is refusing to understand that the first few weeks or so I need a lot more phone calls and stuff to ease on into it. He'll say he'll call and then get busy and forgets to, which only leaves me worried and feeling sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    :hugs:

I feel the same way, only my guy is refusing to understand that the first few weeks or so I need a lot more phone calls and stuff to ease on into it. He'll say he'll call and then get busy and forgets to, which only leaves me worried and feeling sad.
    I'm lucky because my boyfriend told me that if I ever need him I should just ring him up and he'll make time for me
    Which I think is very sweet. He was so good last night and we had an amazing phone call. I'm still smiling from it.
    I know I only have 7 days left but it's still hard at night
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    haha, I feel the same way. he might aswell be at the north pole for all the difference it would make
    Same! Im begining to feel like I should give up, but there's something holding me on. Hows things today?

ReputationRep:
    LDR relationships work depending on the people. I have had 2 LDR relationships, one lasted 3 months, one has ;asted a year and still going strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Same! Im begining to feel like I should give up, but there's something holding me on. Hows things today?
    bad.

ReputationRep:
    Five weeks...

ReputationRep:
    5 weeks is nothing, it'll fly by!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    5 weeks is nothing, it'll fly by!
    five months for me :bricks:

how are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    five months for me :bricks:

how are you doing?
    I'm great, I can see her right now And then every day after that... :p:

At least you're all happy and secure in your relationship :yep: That should help get you through those 5 long months. Well, that and TSR :p:

well ive been talkin with this girl for a few months now and I really like her, and I'm quite sure she likes me too (she keeps sayin random stuff like love you etc lol i dunno if she means it in a cute way or she means it). Well the problem is she lives in asia (i do visit that country once every two years but not the city she lives in..i live in london btw). Is there any point? Such things never work right? My friends tell me to get a life and I think they are right lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well ive been talkin with this girl for a few months now and I really like her, and I'm quite sure she likes me too (she keeps sayin random stuff like love you etc lol i dunno if she means it in a cute way or she means it). Well the problem is she lives in asia (i do visit that country once every two years but not the city she lives in..i live in london btw). Is there any point? Such things never work right? My friends tell me to get a life and I think they are right lol.
    While relationships are hard to begin as LDR's they can be done. Are you willing to have an "open relationship" can you ever see yourself living in Asia, or her living in England? Do you think you can remain viable in the mean-time? If you're willing to put in the work....do it! Nothing bad can ever come from relationships....just experience and wisdom.

ReputationRep:
    First post here guys, so hi. It's nice to see that there are some positive stories on here (albeit a fair number of quite miserable people too!) I'm just feeling a bit rubbish at the moment, as my boyfriend has just handed in all his forms to finalise a placement year abroad, over the other side of the world, so yeah, I guess I'm getting ready for an LDR! I guess a year isn't really that long, but I'm unlikely to see him more than once during that time, as we'll both be working full time (and neither of us will have that much money for frequent travelling) I think I can cope with him going, but it also feels like it's going to be hanging over me like a sort of gloomy cloud, for the next nine months until he goes...
    I don't really know why I'm posting, it's more of just a ramble really - none of my friends really have much experience of distance relationships (in fact I've seen loads of them break up with partners from school within about a month of coming to uni, and then they were only a few hours away from each other!)
    Anyway, any reassurance that LDRs can work/that I'm being silly for getting so worked up, as it is only a year after all; would be welcome
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by indigovioletred)
    First post here guys, so hi. It's nice to see that there are some positive stories on here (albeit a fair number of quite miserable people too!) I'm just feeling a bit rubbish at the moment, as my boyfriend has just handed in all his forms to finalise a placement year abroad, over the other side of the world, so yeah, I guess I'm getting ready for an LDR! I guess a year isn't really that long, but I'm unlikely to see him more than once during that time, as we'll both be working full time (and neither of us will have that much money for frequent travelling) I think I can cope with him going, but it also feels like it's going to be hanging over me like a sort of gloomy cloud, for the next nine months until he goes...
    I don't really know why I'm posting, it's more of just a ramble really - none of my friends really have much experience of distance relationships (in fact I've seen loads of them break up with partners from school within about a month of coming to uni, and then they were only a few hours away from each other!)
    Anyway, any reassurance that LDRs can work/that I'm being silly for getting so worked up, as it is only a year after all; would be welcome
    Hey! Firstly it can work! If your adament it can then there's lots of things to do to help you through it.
    THere's not alot you can do to forget about it for the next 9 months (trust me I know forgetting about the boy going away is hard..), but you just have to put it aside and mak most of the time you have together.

If your only going to be able to see him once in that year then try and arrange to see him exactly (well not exactly but..) in the middle of it, that way it will break up the year and you will have something to look forward to when he goes, and then when you leave him after visting you'll have him comin home to look forward to.

Good Luck, it can work, be positive!

ReputationRep:
    Hey people
    Feeling kinda low at the moment... I won't go into specifics as I posted here not long ago complaining :p: but ugh... it feels like we're not communicating as well as we usually do, and there doesn't seem to be anything 'up' with him, its just like I'm forcing conversation when he doesn't want to talk...
    Now i'm fretting that I'm coming off as really self-involved by talking about myself too much, but when I ask him questions about himself it feels so awkward and he doesn't just start it himself. Bah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apassingfeeling)
    Hey people
    Feeling kinda low at the moment... I won't go into specifics as I posted here not long ago complaining :p: but ugh... it feels like we're not communicating as well as we usually do, and there doesn't seem to be anything 'up' with him, its just like I'm forcing conversation when he doesn't want to talk...
    Now i'm fretting that I'm coming off as really self-involved by talking about myself too much, but when I ask him questions about himself it feels so awkward and he doesn't just start it himself. Bah.
    This happened to me last week my guy, who is naturally a bit quiet anyway. It was a real headbanger! Perhaps he would feel more comfortable talking on MSN or AIM? Most guys don't seem to like talking on the telephone as much as girls. It's also a stressful time for students, so that can be a factor!

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me last week my guy, who is naturally a bit quiet anyway. It was a real headbanger! Perhaps he would feel more comfortable talking on MSN or AIM? Most guys don't seem to like talking on the telephone as much as girls. It's also a stressful time for students, so that can be a factor!

Good Luck!
    Nah it is on MSN that I have this problem :p:
    And he's not even a student anymore, if anything I should be the one thats stressed over the impending doom of exams :p:

And my guy is naturally quiet too, I didn't really keep that in mind... perhaps he doesn't feel like he needs to talk as much. Hmm. Yeah I think i'll keep telling that to myself, haha, makes me feel a bit better anyway

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.