The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fleece
I'm confused. How are you on the internet now then, if you just said "And nor can I.."

Do you not have a card of your own? And how come he doesn't have a phone line or internet? Where is he?

I mean I can't call him, as I don't have any Skype credit and my parent's credit card isn't working so I can't put more on.

And he just moved into a new flat and his parents haven't got a phone line there yet (it's their flat), and my bf can't because he doesn't have a credit card which apparantly Tiscali need.

:frown: Just really upset and wish I could speak to him.
Reply 2881
Mmm that sucks. Sometimes there's no avoiding it though. :frown:
Fleece
Mmm that sucks. Sometimes there's no avoiding it though. :frown:

I know :frown: But I always get so sad about everything when I can't speak to him. I saw him last about 10 days ago, and should see him again in roughly 6 weeks, maybe a bit more, which isn't too long. Because of him moving and stuff the last week we haven't really spoken properly, just a snatched phone call or email, and it depresses me so much. I miss him :frown:
Reply 2883
happy watermelon
I know :frown: But I always get so sad about everything when I can't speak to him. I saw him last about 10 days ago, and should see him again in roughly 6 weeks, maybe a bit more, which isn't too long. Because of him moving and stuff the last week we haven't really spoken properly, just a snatched phone call or email, and it depresses me so much. I miss him :frown:

Hmm. I don't think you should be letting it get to you that much, it's not particularly healthy.
I know it can be difficult if the contact's missing for a bit, but it shouldn't be actually depressing you. Especially if there are good reasons why you can't speak at the moment..
Fleece
Hmm. I don't think you should be letting it get to you that much, it's not particularly healthy.
I know it can be difficult if the contact's missing for a bit, but it shouldn't be actually depressing you. Especially if there are good reasons why you can't speak at the moment..

I'm absolutely fine 98% of the time, and then I miss him. It's probably cos I'm hormonal (damn periods!) cos I get like this every month, all melancholy and down lol. I just miss him so much, and wish I could be with him.

I'm not actually on the verge of a break down or anything, if that's what it sounded like :tongue: I just miss him lots and hate long distance-ness.
Reply 2885
Aye it sucks I know, but don't worry it won't be long til you speak to him again properly I bet - just gotta sit tight til then :smile:
Fleece
Aye it sucks I know, but don't worry it won't be long til you speak to him again properly I bet - just gotta sit tight til then :smile:

Ahhhh I know :smile: It's just so hard to do lol I'm not the most patient person, and me and my bf used to talk online for a good hour daily, usually more, so it's a bit weird having all this free time in the evenings - guess I'll just have to get used to it!

Am going to drink some hot chocolate and read now - one of the great things about LDRs is that I can put on a couple of pounds when I know I'm not seeing him for a while, and I wont feel bloated and disgusting, cos noone sees me naked! I time it now so that a week before I see him I cut down a bit and tah dahhh, flat stomach ready for him :biggrin: There are some benefits hehe :biggrin:

Thank you for talking to me. Night! :smile:
Right ok hears the deal...

im not really into LDR(sorry)& this November i Applyed to uni n got accepted 2 go 2 a uni a good 100 or so miles away...At the same time i met a guy who i was intrested in. I told him i was moving away in March to start my uni course but he said it didn't bother him. We ended up getting into a relationship but now weeks befor i move i know its not going 2 work due 2 my course.I get 8 weeks off in total & the odd weekend but he has college 9-5 everyday n works weekends so i know nither of us really will have the time to travle to & from as Nither of us drive....I've trying exsplaning 2 him tha i know it wont work but he started emotionally blackmailing me saying hes getting ill with worry about loosing me bearing in mind we've only been togeather 3 months i thought it was abit drastic 4 him 2 say that. Im stuck in abit of a rut as to what to do...I have 3 options
1)Do I stay with him n make it work
2)Stay with him n then let it fizzle out while im away
3)Do i just end it now befor i move

Please give me some advice :frown:
You need to ask yourself whether you want to be in a relationship with him. Long distance relationships are difficult and require 100% commitment, trust and communication from both sides. If either one of you isn't willing/not prepared to do that then perhaps it's best to end it now with a clean break so you both know where you stand.
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship (me at uni, him back at home) but he is coming down this weekend so that we can spend his birthday together :biggrin: We will have also been together for a year on that exact same day so I really wanted to do something nice for him.. however I have no idea what to do! I am a skint student so I can't really afford to actually buy him very much... I was thinking more along the lines of doing something sweet/spoiling him a bit, does anyone have any ideas? How do you guys spend birthdays/special anniversays etc?

Thanx!
perfectdenial
Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are in a long distance relationship (me at uni, him back at home) but he is coming down this weekend so that we can spend his birthday together :biggrin: We will have also been together for a year on that exact same day so I really wanted to do something nice for him.. however I have no idea what to do! I am a skint student so I can't really afford to actually buy him very much... I was thinking more along the lines of doing something sweet/spoiling him a bit, does anyone have any ideas? How do you guys spend birthdays/special anniversays etc?

Thanx!

Cook him a meal, run him a bath with candles and stuff and then... have fun :wink: This is what my bf does for me whenever he's in a romantic mood lol. Oooh and give him homemade vouchers for stuff...
I realise this is mainly just food and sex, but mt bf at least loves that, as I think most guys do.
Anonymous

1)Do I stay with him n make it work
2)Stay with him n then let it fizzle out while im away
3)Do i just end it now befor i move
:frown:

I hate people who say relationships fizzle out just because it's LDR.
I can tell you it does not.
**CutiePie**
I hate people who say relationships fizzle out just because it's LDR.
I can tell you it does not.

Agreed. Doesn't it make it even more intense? It only fizzles out if you don't make the effort and if you like the person, or love them, then you make the effort!
i'm in a long distance relationship, but its soooo hard. hes like 6 hours away, but hes coming home tomorrow to see me, i hate to say it, but i love him way too much :smile: sooo excited!
by the way, anyone who says LDR's dont work, i think it makes it so much more exciting to see them when they come home.. xx
Or alternatively if you really hate them and want them to suffer misery.

HAHAAHA I'm sorry ladies, that was so bad but it had be laughing so hard my side actually hurts.

^.^
The Lyceum
Or alternatively if you really hate them and want them to suffer misery.

HAHAAHA I'm sorry ladies, that was so bad but it had be laughing so hard my side actually hurts.

^.^

i dont understand...
Anonymous
i dont understand...

me neither :s-smilie: :s-smilie: :s-smilie:
Im guessing he means that if you really hate someone you can be in a LDR with them to make them suffer
I don't get why he thinks it's funny though :rolleyes:

:tongue: :tongue:

:lovie:
A quick run down of my LDR;

Well with mine we're kinda split between three places.

I live in London when I'm not at uni
I live in Bristol during uni term time
He lives up near Darlington

This isn't too terrible from London, takes me about 3hrs to get up there, or 6hrs by coach for a lot cheaper. But from Bristol it's more difficult and it's where I am most of the time (5hrs by train which I don't really mind, but more expensive).

No chance of me giving up though :smile: We got together last summer so I was off and free to go and visit him from London whenever so it started off easier.

Usually see eachother every 2 weekends but when I'm on uni holidays I'll go and stay with him and when he takes time off work he'll come and stay down here for a bit.

Basically it I think. Seeing him again on Monday and I can't wait, it's been dragging so much.
I'm missing my boyfriend SO much!!! I won't be home again to see him until the 21st March :frown:
Feels like suchhhhh a long time.
I haven't spoken to him all day either cause he's got tons of work to do :frown:
I miss him so much. :frown:
Smem
I'm missing my boyfriend SO much!!! I won't be home again to see him until the 21st March :frown:
Feels like suchhhhh a long time.
I haven't spoken to him all day either cause he's got tons of work to do :frown:
I miss him so much. :frown:

ah, I know...I won't see him till the 26th, 3 weeks from now...It sucks, but at least I know I 'll see him....I wish I could hug him :frown:

:console: you 'll see ( we 'll see ) days will pass in no time

Latest

Trending

Trending