Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lyceum)
    Gatwick does not count as London, no. "Peak" varies, usually offpeak is after 12pm I think.
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happy watermelon)
    thank you!
    You're welcome, happy travels and safe journey.

ReputationRep:
    Just got tickets to see my girlfriend in a couple of weeks, ooh yeah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Hey everyone. How is everyone? I'm a little bit confused about Josh's dad.
    What do you lot all make of this?

[Story]

What should I do? He moves into his dads in the next 2 weeks, and i know..things will go down from there. Josh said he feels like he's in the middle.
    Hello! =D I'm fine thanks..

What I make of it is: Poor you, not the greatest of sympathy from his father, huh!!

Does the dad not like you or perhaps it's just that he doesn't think relationships are/should be important regarding his son and thus acts that way? Do you know why?

Personally.. I would ask Josh (or even his dad!!) what the problem is exactly, confront the situation because then it'd be a good way to potentially improve his dad and your relationship - which is important if you need to see him more. Sorry to hear about that grief, I'd have no idea what to do if my boyfriend's parents weren't particularly nice =\
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jazmine)
    Hello! =D I'm fine thanks..

What I make of it is: Poor you, not the greatest of sympathy from his father, huh!!

Does the dad not like you or perhaps it's just that he doesn't think relationships are/should be important regarding his son and thus acts that way? Do you know why?

Personally.. I would ask Josh (or even his dad!!) what the problem is exactly, confront the situation because then it'd be a good way to potentially improve his dad and your relationship - which is important if you need to see him more. Sorry to hear about that grief, I'd have no idea what to do if my boyfriend's parents weren't particularly nice =\
    Hey, Good. =]
    I'm not sure why his dad acts like it, I actually have no idea. I honestly wish I did, because I have no idea how to handle the situation.
    Ive asked Josh, but he doesn't know what to say..he said he doesn't know why. But as of now, Josh is ok with me and siding up with me.

I'm sorry to drag you into it, but what do you think I could say to his dad to ask him? I was thinking of texting him, just to ask why.. but I don't know.

It's making me feel so horrible and down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Hey, Good. =]
    I'm not sure why his dad acts like it, I actually have no idea. I honestly wish I did, because I have no idea how to handle the situation.
    Ive asked Josh, but he doesn't know what to say..he said he doesn't know why. But as of now, Josh is ok with me and siding up with me.

I'm sorry to drag you into it, but what do you think I could say to his dad to ask him? I was thinking of texting him, just to ask why.. but I don't know.

It's making me feel so horrible and down.
    I would ask Josh to have a talk to him first, really get into it - to make him say something (let Josh ask your father why and tell him how it's making you feel and what position it's putting Josh in. Basically, to let his dad know how both of you are feeling and what's going on, so that he can understand and then if/when he tells you, you can both understand his view).

I say this because, the father may be more defensive with you. But I think if this doesn't work and it prolongs, then you should speak to him and ask him why ~ "Hi, I've noticed that there's a sour atmosphere between you and I and I just wondered if we could sort that out, so that you, I and Josh can get along together in the future". Ha ha, I dunno really.. either way, it's uncomfortable for you to bring it up I feel. But necessary if nothing changes despite other actions taken.

ReputationRep:
    Well I've been in Australia now for 2 month's.
    My girlfriend is in the UK and we are trying to work it out, so far it's good.
    I try to email or facebook regularly.
    Call often hopefully more when I get a job.
    She states she still loves me a lot and misses me heaps, I do too.

Now I just want more tips on how to make it last really? Make her happy from here, which I do try by webcam or the phone etc.
    I want her to wait for me as I love her, I will be going back in 12 months though

ReputationRep:
    Just make some time every time to talk to her whether it be by email, msn etc as long as you make an effort it will work

One month till i fly to Denmark again and see my Jesper

ReputationRep:
    i'm in a long-distance relationship (i'm at uni, he's in my hometown) and have been for about 6 months. he doesn't have a phone, so he normally calls me every day/every other day from work, but he hasn't called me in nearly 2 weeks now and i don't know what to do. any advice? i'm going home in a few days so i could go and see him - i know from mutual friends that he's alright etc - but if he hasn't called in so long, surely he doesn't want to speak to me? nothing changed, we didn't argue or anything...i'm a bit baffled.
    any advice please?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lila

Do you not communicate in any other way - emails, Skype/MSN etc? If so, why don't you ask him on there why he's not been able to call? If not, why not? It might make it easier to bear if you know you can contact him some other way.

ReputationRep:
    maybe for some reason he can't call from work?

ReputationRep:
    he doesn't have the internet... and i think that if it were just that he couldn't call from work, he would have borrowed a mate's phone by now and let me know - i'm just not sure what to do when i go home - i want to know wht's going on, but i hate the idea of forcing my presence on him when he doesn't seem to want it

ReputationRep:
    I think you're within your rights to ask - wouldn't call it forcing yourself on him.

ReputationRep:
    hey guys this looks like a great thread!!!
    my bf is in the RAF so we have already gone through 2 years of a LDR so im hoping me going to uni in septemeber isnt really going to make a difference (apart from me being just as busy!!!)
    communication is the key!!!! lol

ReputationRep:
    lol, i am jealous of those who get to see their boyfriends/girlfriends every (second) weekend. Mine is on the other side of Scotland, pretty much a WHOLE day travelling. and very expensive. so only get to see him during his holidays. Which is a very very long time...

ReputationRep:
    I like a guy but I'm reluctant to have a LDR with him, scared of travel costs and what others may think. We've said we're just gonna leave it with eachother but the feeligns are clearly there. We both wanna give it a go, but at the same time we're both thinking of the practical side of things. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Search on the internet the costs of going to see each other, so you can see how it'll be financially. And who cares what others think anyhow?..

(Original post by lolicampbell)
    lol, i am jealous of those who get to see their boyfriends/girlfriends every (second) weekend. Mine is on the other side of Scotland, pretty much a WHOLE day travelling. and very expensive. so only get to see him during his holidays. Which is a very very long time...
    Heh-heh. That's like my situation.

Every month or two weeks. Saw him last weekend on the 21nd, then 9th April's the next visit. We'll spend a week together =D Lucky~
    But being in London burns up my money like anything somehow, even when I don't think I spend much =( Even so, it's worth it. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolicampbell)

I'm doing England Scotland and that works we see each other every 2 or 3 weeks. Were abouts are you?

ReputationRep:
    I do England-France and we see each other every two weeks But yeah a whole day of travelling does make it hard for you guys to see each other on week ends I'm sure... Maybe there's a faster way? A cheap flight?

ReputationRep:
    Oh damnit Janet, my girlfriend can't visit me on Saturday because she's revising! Oh bother.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.