Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naughtyhamster)
    Urgh I am seriously missing him. Only 4 weeks and 6 days to go until the end of my LDR ... its going fast!
    Mine ends in 10 days :woo: :woo:
    Are you going to Uni with your boyfriend?

I'm really missing him at the moment.
    You should come over to the chat thread
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post18823424

ReputationRep:
    I miss my girlfriend so much, it's crazy - I feel like i'm almost going mad. It's not even been a week since she went but I'd do almost anything to see her right now.

I have a picture of her as my background on my phone and every time I look at it my stomach feels all weird.

I hope I get to see her soon, it's already been wayyyy too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    I miss my girlfriend so much, it's crazy - I feel like i'm almost going mad. It's not even been a week since she went but I'd do almost anything to see her right now.

I have a picture of her as my background on my phone and every time I look at it my stomach feels all weird.

I hope I get to see her soon, it's already been wayyyy too long.
    I have this. And my desktop on my computer is a picture of me and my boyfriend :love:
    I know what you feel about the stomach feeling weird. I get butterflies every time he texts me or I see that he is ringing me.
    Oh I can't wait to see him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyhol1012)
    I have this. And my desktop on my computer is a picture of me and my boyfriend :love:
    I know what you feel about the stomach feeling weird. I get butterflies every time he texts me or I see that he is ringing me.
    Oh I can't wait to see him.
    It's my birthday on wednesday and what I really, really want - more than anything - is a photo of me and her to put on my wall.

I get the butterflies at texts too, I think I also go one step further of getting a sinking, disapointing feeling if I get a text from anyone but her.... not that I don't appreciate texts from other people, I just always get my hopes up that it's the one who's on my mind ALL THE TIMMEEEEEEEE.

Gosh, i'm sad aren't I? :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)
    It's my birthday on wednesday and what I really, really want - more than anything - is a photo of me and her to put on my wall.

I get the butterflies at texts too, I think I also go one step further of getting a sinking, disapointing feeling if I get a text from anyone but her.... not that I don't appreciate texts from other people, I just always get my hopes up that it's the one who's on my mind ALL THE TIMMEEEEEEEE.

Haha, really? That's adorable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Haha, really? That's adorable!
    You would say that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kexy)

I'm like that. I get a text and look at my phone a little apprehensively just hoping its from James. Then when I see its off my Mum instead I just get a sinking feeling. James has a personalised ringtone on my phone though, so I know its him without looking :p:

You're not sad
    I quite enjoy having my boyfriend on my mind all the time. Every little thing reminds me of him :love:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently sat trying to write Ashley's birthday card but I can't. I don't have a clue what to write... Well, I do, but I can't think how to put it in to words. It's so frustrating. I want to write something really nice that'll make him go all melty and smiley when he reads it, especially seen as how I won't be seeing him until the week after :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently sat trying to write Ashley's birthday card but I can't. I don't have a clue what to write... Well, I do, but I can't think how to put it in to words. It's so frustrating. I want to write something really nice that'll make him go all melty and smiley when he reads it, especially seen as how I won't be seeing him until the week after :erm:
    I know how you feel! Me and my bf have sent eachother birthday and xmas cards and not been able to see eachother for a few days afterwards. I wrote out some stuff on other bits of paper first until I was happy with it. I'm sure he'll love whatever you write in there

Hey, so Im clearly new to this forum and thread but I joined for a reason, I really need some advice. Basically Ive been with my bf for around 5 months, were in a ldr, but the thing is i kinda met him on the internet... I wasnt looking for a boyfriend and certainly didnt think of him as one for a while but we got on so well it was kind of inevitable. The reason I let myself fall for him is because Im going to the same uni as him in september- a choice I made after I met him :/ He used to be so loving and sweet and wed talk about what wed do when i get to uni and stuff. He also said that any girl that started talking to him on the internet hed deter by telling them he had a gf. But everything has changed, he doesnt say how much he misses me and all the lovely stuff is slowly dissappearing. We do talk pretty much everyday, and he has had exams/ work recently, so I'm putting it down to this. Its just I know him so well and he has just recently started talking to another girl, which he never did before, and flirting and stuff.

Ok so im really sorry this is all jumbled and confusing- pretty much like my head right now, all I can say is hes definately changed/ become less loving and such. I know boys sometimes do this because they need their own space.

All I can say is any advice right now would be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to lose him before we've even had a chance to be together, especially as Id be right there where he is and where Ive wanted to be for so long without him. I know hes not the kinda guy to cheat and lie to me, and I just pray that this will run its course and we'll be together at uni.

I dont expect everyone to be sympathetic- after all if i wasnt in this situation id think internet dating is completely fail, but pleaaase understand to me this is like any normal ldr.

Again if anyone has any advice?? It probably doesnt sound like what hes doing is much but when your bf starts being less interested and your not around him to make things better it feels so much worse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey, so Im clearly new to this forum and thread but I joined for a reason, I really need some advice. Basically Ive been with my bf for around 5 months, were in a ldr, but the thing is i kinda met him on the internet... I wasnt looking for a boyfriend and certainly didnt think of him as one for a while but we got on so well it was kind of inevitable. The reason I let myself fall for him is because Im going to the same uni as him in september- a choice I made after I met him :/ He used to be so loving and sweet and wed talk about what wed do when i get to uni and stuff. He also said that any girl that started talking to him on the internet hed deter by telling them he had a gf. But everything has changed, he doesnt say how much he misses me and all the lovely stuff is slowly dissappearing. We do talk pretty much everyday, and he has had exams/ work recently, so I'm putting it down to this. Its just I know him so well and he has just recently started talking to another girl, which he never did before, and flirting and stuff.

Ok so im really sorry this is all jumbled and confusing- pretty much like my head right now, all I can say is hes definately changed/ become less loving and such. I know boys sometimes do this because they need their own space.

All I can say is any advice right now would be greatly appreciated. I really dont want to lose him before we've even had a chance to be together, especially as Id be right there where he is and where Ive wanted to be for so long without him. I know hes not the kinda guy to cheat and lie to me, and I just pray that this will run its course and we'll be together at uni.

I dont expect everyone to be sympathetic- after all if i wasnt in this situation id think internet dating is completely fail, but pleaaase understand to me this is like any normal ldr.

Again if anyone has any advice?? It probably doesnt sound like what hes doing is much but when your bf starts being less interested and your not around him to make things better it feels so much worse!
    Have you ever met him?

ReputationRep:

I met my boyfriend on the internet but we weren't 'a couple' until a few weeks after we had met, that's just how it worked out for us.

Have you ever met each other? Any plans to?

yea I mean im going to his uni lol id like to meet him before that since its like 4 months away. I do treat him like a bf but I think we are both kinda waiting untill we actually meet, like were pinning everything on meeting because its going to happen. He just suddenly wasnt so keen anymore and I wanted to know like any theories as to why this was

ReputationRep:
    Probably because you haven't actually met.....maybe he's just realising this and thinking it's not the best idea?
    How come you haven't met up before now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    Probably because you haven't actually met.....maybe he's just realising this and thinking it's not the best idea?
    How come you haven't met up before now?
    Yeah this. you two haven't met yet and then you go to be at uni with him. He may be now realising how strange that could be, but is scared to say anything because you have made such a big commitment by going to be at uni with him.

I know I'd be terrified if I had doubts after making such a big decision.

I've liked this guy for ages and even though he's going to uni in October and I've still got another year left at college, I asked him out because I've never met anyone like him and I didn't want to miss the opportunity. To cut a long story short, he said yes and I'm really happy that he did and I'm obviously happy for him for getting in to the uni he wanted and doing what he wants to do but I'm not sure how to deal with him being going to a uni that's really far away from me.

ReputationRep:
    yea I mean im going to his uni lol id like to meet him before that since its like 4 months away. I do treat him like a bf but I think we are both kinda waiting untill we actually meet, like were pinning everything on meeting because its going to happen. He just suddenly wasnt so keen anymore and I wanted to know like any theories as to why this was

Every relationship, even commitments go through a "dry Spell" everyones got exams, concentrate on your education first and see how he reacts after.. just let him know u miss him but don't overdo it.

Anyone else starting to have doubts about their relationship now it's got to the summer? I'm in two minds about it: on one hand I'm so excited that I can spend months with my boyfriend; on the other the idea of three more years of this is starting to seriously depress me.

He's the only guy I've ever slept with, I love him with all my heart, but I don't know if I can handle three more years only seeing him once a month, especially as I'll be abroad the year after next. Part of the reason why I worked so hard at our relationship was to prove to everyone that we could handle long distance - and after a year we've proved that. Now, I'm thinking, what next? I don't know if I can take the missing him, the arguments, the tears when it all gets too much, for this guy. I love him so much, but we all have first loves, don't we, and nobody's ever seem to work out. Even my mum said to me that even if my boyfriend and me get married and survive university, we will both still feel that we've missed out on meeting new people at university and learning to be completely independent.

I'm so confused about this. I don't want to act on it right now, because he's got his exams and it's not fair. Recently when I've been at uni I've been calling him up crying (usually when I'm drunk) and tried to break up with him because it hurts so much having him so far away. He thinks that subconsciously I'm trying to push him away, and I think he's right.

Can anybody sympathise?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else starting to have doubts about their relationship now it's got to the summer? I'm in two minds about it: on one hand I'm so excited that I can spend months with my boyfriend; on the other the idea of three more years of this is starting to seriously depress me.

He's the only guy I've ever slept with, I love him with all my heart, but I don't know if I can handle three more years only seeing him once a month, especially as I'll be abroad the year after next. Part of the reason why I worked so hard at our relationship was to prove to everyone that we could handle long distance - and after a year we've proved that. Now, I'm thinking, what next? I don't know if I can take the missing him, the arguments, the tears when it all gets too much, for this guy. I love him so much, but we all have first loves, don't we, and nobody's ever seem to work out. Even my mum said to me that even if my boyfriend and me get married and survive university, we will both still feel that we've missed out on meeting new people at university and learning to be completely independent.

I'm so confused about this. I don't want to act on it right now, because he's got his exams and it's not fair. Recently when I've been at uni I've been calling him up crying (usually when I'm drunk) and tried to break up with him because it hurts so much having him so far away. He thinks that subconsciously I'm trying to push him away, and I think he's right.

Can anybody sympathise?
    I agree with that to an extent, now that you've got it into your head, every time you argue or every time things don't seem to be going too well it'll just make you feel more hemmed in. If you do decide to stay with him long term you'll just end up resenting him for stopping you experiencing other things, and other people.

If you really want to break up with him, then do it. Take some time to think about it properly though. Just... You say you can't take missing him so much, but will you able to cope without him? I'm not saying you'll literally fall apart or anything, but missing someone and knowing you won't be able to do certain things with them every again, won't ever be so close to them is the worst feeling in the world unless you're 100% sure that it is the right thing for you.

^ I know that sounded really disjointed, but hopefully you get what I mean? Lol.

If you really want to break up with him, then do it. Take some time to think about it properly though. Just... You say you can't take missing him so much, but will you able to cope without him? I'm not saying you'll literally fall apart or anything, but missing someone and knowing you won't be able to do certain things with them every again, won't ever be so close to them is the worst feeling in the world unless you're 100% sure that it is the right thing for you.
    I know, I really don't want to lose him - I love him so much and I have such a fantastic time with him...when we're together. And we're only together a few days a month. I need to think this over some more, thanks for your help though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.