Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Haha...I doubt that.

You might be right tho

ReputationRep:
    Hi Sian,
    Just to reassure you that your boyfriend sounds like a really good sort. He's been really open with you about this other girl's actions and when offered a chance to leave you for her, he didn't take it. He also seems really keen to work hard so that he can come and see you for as long as possible, and you're clearly in touch a lot, which is always good
    Is he American? And how long have the two of you been together for?

ReputationRep:
    hey.

Yeah hes American, 7 months but it feels like ive known him a lot longer really.
    Like we both liked each other before we decided to make a go of it so yeah. I guess we kinda could count that to.

I cant wait till he stops working tho, its pretty hard to talk with the time difference so i end up staying up all night. =]]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianStrikedown)
    hey.

Yeah hes American, 7 months but it feels like ive known him a lot longer really.
    Like we both liked each other before we decided to make a go of it so yeah. I guess we kinda could count that to.

I cant wait till he stops working tho, its pretty hard to talk with the time difference so i end up staying up all night. =]]
    Did you meet him over there?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my friend met him tho.
    I met him after he left to go back
    Idk how they knew him tho
    Im gald they did

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to take attention off that girls problem.

But I have one of my own

Was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice/tips.

Well, me & my boyfriend have been together for 2 years now.
    When we started out we lived within a 5min car journey of each other. then about a year into the relationship I moved an hour's drive away. I know it isn't THAT far. But we come from small villages and it kinda is for us. And huge efforts going into travel etc.
    So yeah, once I'd moved we agreed, the weekend was ours, phone lot's and just try our best. I was making train jounrey's to him and he was driving to me alternate weekends. But Inever felt I was seeing enough of him. We completely trust each other and are in love, but now after a year or routine's and schedule's of when to see each other, we've become monotonous and a bit boring. I've asked him to move in with me, but he won't.
    I don't know wether to blame the dip in our relationship on the distance? comparing it to the beginning where it was all romance and now we are settled?

And whatever it is? How in God's name do I go about fixing it?
    Because we still laugh and love each other, we have great times. I could never be without him. But what can I do to improve a so it seems, non-improvable situation?

Thanks to anyone who read this.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my friend met him tho.
    I met him after he left to go back
    Idk how they knew him tho
    Im gald they did
    What do you mean you met him after he left to go back...from England to America? I'm confused :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hi DaniLoren and welcome to TSR

I can appreciate how the adjustment from living 5 mins away to being an hour away from one another could be difficult. It also means that problems that come along perhaps have to be dealt with differently - communication is more important than ever before. Why, for instance do you think he won't move in with you? Have you talked about it? (A year or two into the relationship is pretty soon for that, after all, so don't take his feelings on that issue too personally.)
    I wouldn't be too quick to blame the changes in your relationship on the distance - things change for everyone after the honeymoon period calms down. If you feel there are problems beyond this and you need to 'liven up' the relationship, try going on dates and doing different things to what you would normally do.
    I also wouldn't say it's non-improvable (even though relationships can be overwhelming and things can feel 'unfixable').
    My advice on this (as with most of these problems really, let's be honest :p: ) is to sit down and have a really good talk about it. Communication can't be underestimated in any relationship, and in an LDR it's perhaps even more important. Work out what you're both feeling and how you handle things from here.
    Hope that helps a little

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou
    You wouldn't believe how much I bring up my concerns to him. He's loving caring and attentive, but he's a typical guy, doesn't see any problem.
    (Which I suppose isn't a bad attitude he seems happy!). We do go on different day's out n try doing things different, but we fall back into routines we prefer, then complain about them when they get boring!
    I suppose we're an awkward pair.
    As for the moving in thing, we've lived together in the past breifly, but then I moved an hour away to be with my family, he always agrees and says he WANTS to move in, but actions say differently. He has a bad habit of telling me what I want to hear. I suppose We should just talk more and put more words into action than sitting around waiting for someone else to tell us what to do!!

Thanks again, sorry for the pointless waffling :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleece)
    What do you mean you met him after he left to go back...from England to America? I'm confused :o:
    lol i got introduced to him online after he got back.
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    lol i got introduced to him online after he got back.
    :yep:
    Ah! Gotcha! Sorry, got well confused Aww be cool when you get to see him then.

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Gotcha! Sorry, got well confused Aww be cool when you get to see him then.
    You no longer live in Tuebigen :p: Change it to Leeds, sounds a lot more exotic!

Anyway will we be seeing you around the LDR society now you're in one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    You no longer live in Tuebigen :p: Change it to Leeds, sounds a lot more exotic!

Anyway will we be seeing you around the LDR society now you're in one?
    I'm clinging onto a dream!!

Hmm where be this society...

ReputationRep:

Clicky

:yy:

Hey everyone, word of advice?

In less than 2 weeks boyfriend moving to central america for 8 months (to work in a small village, no phone/internet) then a UN placement somewhere eastern europe for a few months after......He has no plans to come back to the UK

Although ive known this for a few months already, i'm still absolutely devastated. We've been going out over 2 years

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't want to see you? Also, how do you plan to cope with 8 months of no contact at all?

ReputationRep:
    No offence but 8 months no contact isnt worth it.

Thats way too long to get someone of average TSR age to wait. If your meant to be.. you will find each other again.

ReputationRep:

Oh just our little chat thread where we rant away about LDRs (along with anything else we want), you're welcome to come, but don't feel forced to

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=569016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey everyone, word of advice?

In less than 2 weeks boyfriend moving to central america for 8 months (to work in a small village, no phone/internet) then a UN placement somewhere eastern europe for a few months after......He has no plans to come back to the UK

Although ive known this for a few months already, i'm still absolutely devastated. We've been going out over 2 years
    Will you be able to write? I presume you've spoken a lot about this: have you decided if you're staying together or are you splitting up and simply remaining friends? (or some such thing?) 2 years is a lot to lose, but 8months no contact and no forseeable end is a pretty intimidating prospect...
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You can always write letters I suppose, but it does seem like his attitude is a little bleak
    Have you discussed it at length?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.