Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    :hugs:
    Well, he didn't return my email to him, I got his email an hour later after my computer received it. :/

There's just so much uncertainty in my future I just want to convert it into something useful.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, his Mac is dying, but I did email him and he responded on his phone, unfortunately, it just cut off , so I assume I'll get the goodnight email in the morning -.-.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    Ok, his Mac is dying, but I did email him and he responded on his phone, unfortunately, it just cut off , so I assume I'll get the goodnight email in the morning -.-.
    :hugs: It sucks to miss someone so much. I bet he misses you as much as you miss him. Just think about the next time you speak to take your mind off it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    :hugs: It sucks to miss someone so much. I bet he misses you as much as you miss him. Just think about the next time you speak to take your mind off it
    Email will have to do for now.

Talking of such, where the heck has he gone -.-, need him again.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    Email will have to do for now.

Talking of such, where the heck has he gone -.-, need him again.
    Lots of :hugs: coming your way because it seems like you really need them right now!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of :hugs: coming your way because it seems like you really need them right now!
    I really do. Went out for a walk today, had homophobic comment slurred at me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    Don't listen to them, they're insecure, immature ********s! :hugs: People like that really anger me!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    :hugs: exactly what sazzy said! People like that are ****ers and they're not worth your time! Some people are such idiots just remember you're happy as you are and theyre insecure about their own sexuality! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Early this month I entered in to a long distance relationship with a Dutchie! After 4 years of being the bestest friends, this feels right! I knew him when he had nothing and when nobody was there for him. Just the distance sucks What makes this difficult is that we lived in the same country and saw each other weekends (partying fridays/saturdays), while being best friends. Now I am back in the Uk for education and he has a very well paid, successful and secure job in the Netherlands. It just feels weird that for the next four years (In the first year of a four year degree) that I have to rely on bmibaby flights lol. At least I live 10 minutes from the airport

But I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epica)
    Hello!

Early this month I entered in to a long distance relationship with a Dutchie! After 4 years of being the bestest friends, this feels right! I knew him when he had nothing and when nobody was there for him. Just the distance sucks What makes this difficult is that we lived in the same country and saw each other weekends (partying fridays/saturdays), while being best friends. Now I am back in the Uk for education and he has a very well paid, successful and secure job in the Netherlands. It just feels weird that for the next four years (In the first year of a four year degree) that I have to rely on bmibaby flights lol. At least I live 10 minutes from the airport

But I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else.

That sounds like such a lovely story And welcome
    Will you be going home for the term holidays?
    Heather x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeatherM)
    That sounds like such a lovely story And welcome
    Will you be going home for the term holidays?
    Heather x
    Hello.

I am actually British, but feel Dutch.

Yes I will be going to him in Feb and also for his birthday in April Can't wait..... he is counting down the days.

I guess I am on here now because he is working away in Germany today and not on msn Miss him like crazy, but difficult to talk to others who have no idea about these things.

How often do people try to see their other halves? Talking and webcamming help, but it is not the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epica)
    Hello.

I am actually British, but feel Dutch.

Yes I will be going to him in Feb and also for his birthday in April Can't wait..... he is counting down the days.

I guess I am on here now because he is working away in Germany today and not on msn Miss him like crazy, but difficult to talk to others who have no idea about these things.

How often do people try to see their other halves? Talking and webcamming help, but it is not the same.
    Ah, i see. So it's kind of home :P
    That's so sweet
    Ah, i see. I've started going on here, because i was avoiding an LDR for ages because of all the myths they don't work, and then finally, last month, we decided it would be worth it. So this is like, a reassurance group, because so many DO work. I don't even need to post here to feel better.
    I rely heavily on Skype and Facebook.
    It varies, i think. Me and my guy are only a couple hundred miles apart, but he's got a full term of uni, and i am so insanely busy that we have no plans yet. Last i saw him was about the eleventh. We're hoping to see each other sometime near the 14th of Feb.

ReputationRep:
    Awwww sweet!

Long distance does work! But it does take one to move for the other. I moved to the Netherlands for a guy originally. It never worked out in a relationship sense (no sex), but we became the bestest friends ever that we are still living together as housemates. With out him I wouldn't have the chance to go to university, or some of the chances I have had in life. So with out that long distance relationship I would not be where I am now My boyfriend knows all about this and they both get along well.

Yea skype also here! Facebook not so much, but I only joined up so he could have the relationship status thing :P

We have a thing about watching Pointless on the BBC each day too

ReputationRep:
    I've started going on here, because i was avoiding an LDR for ages because of all the myths they don't work, and then finally, last month, we decided it would be worth it. So this is like, a reassurance group, because so many DO work. I don't even need to post here to feel better.
    I rely heavily on Skype and Facebook.
    It varies, i think. Me and my guy are only a couple hundred miles apart, but he's got a full term of uni, and i am so insanely busy that we have no plans yet. Last i saw him was about the eleventh. We're hoping to see each other sometime near the 14th of Feb.
    This is exactly what I was like. Avoided the long-distance thing for a while out of an idea that it wouldn't work, and it was best to just be friends/figure out what we wanted/meet other people etc etc. And then gave up

We've both got busy uni terms too, but we're trying to see each other about once a month-ish. Last I saw of him was January 7th, and he's coming up here for Valentine's weekend!

(Original post by Epica)
    Haha I love Pointless!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miraclemile)
    This is exactly what I was like. Avoided the long-distance thing for a while out of an idea that it wouldn't work, and it was best to just be friends/figure out what we wanted/meet other people etc etc. And then gave up

We've both got busy uni terms too, but we're trying to see each other about once a month-ish. Last I saw of him was January 7th, and he's coming up here for Valentine's weekend!
    Yeah, we spoke in August for real, but we'd both liked each other for ages. I was a little concerned, because uni's a huge adjustment and the whole 'freshers' thing means that one or both of us might have got hurt. So we decided to give it a term and then have another wee chat. So late December we decided it was just as hard not giving it a shot.

Last i saw him was the 11th Jan- i'm going to visit on valentines too Or, i think i am... :L

Thing is i'm a year younger than he is, and i'm sitting my advanced highers. And like, because i've applied for medicine they're very important and i can't afford to swan off to visit him. Plus, my dad thinks he's a warden. He'd be apoplectic if i just left for a weekend... xD

I can't wait to see him next. Have you made your plans yet?
    Heather x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epica)
    Awwww sweet!

Long distance does work! But it does take one to move for the other. I moved to the Netherlands for a guy originally. It never worked out in a relationship sense (no sex), but we became the bestest friends ever that we are still living together as housemates. With out him I wouldn't have the chance to go to university, or some of the chances I have had in life. So with out that long distance relationship I would not be where I am now My boyfriend knows all about this and they both get along well.

Yea skype also here! Facebook not so much, but I only joined up so he could have the relationship status thing :P

Yeah, one to move... We're both still really young i suppose, but he moved. Away. To uni... xD Ah well, we're managing But i suppose it's maybe an issue that i'll go to any of the uni's i applied to that take me- regardless if it adds to the distance. He knows that though, because if i get a place, i'm going. And he's supportive

I'm really glad it's worked out for you so far I hope it all gets easier

i freaking love Skype.
    I must admit, when Facebook was all "You have been sent a relationship request" I was like Awww Even though i knew we'd decided to give it a shot, i did blush significantly when he decided to put it on Facebook and tell the world... :P

Pointless is great! :L But i never get to watch it.. My dad claims the TV and sleeps in front of it, and my guy would probably stick a film on. :L

When did you know the distance was worth it? (Only answer if you're comfortable answering, i don't mean to ask such personal Qs.... :L )

ReputationRep:

When did you know the distance was worth it? (Only answer if you're comfortable answering, i don't mean to ask such personal Qs.... :L )
    I think it was a mixture of things. Neither of us are getting younger and we cared so strongly about each other. We are lucky that we can fly to each other and we have support around us too. I was also hurt in previous relationships and I know that he wouldn't hurt me either. Also selfishly I am wanting security which he wants to share with me.

Once the four years are over we will live together. Our love and respect for each other will carry this through

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazzy890)
    Don't listen to them, they're insecure, immature ********s! :hugs: People like that really anger me!
    :hugs: exactly what sazzy said! People like that are ****ers and they're not worth your time! Some people are such idiots just remember you're happy as you are and theyre insecure about their own sexuality! :yep:

I'm trying, it's not our relationship I'm worried about, it's how the distance will affect my other half.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    I'm trying, it's not our relationship I'm worried about, it's how the distance will affect my other half.
    How far away are you guys?

ReputationRep:
    How far away are you guys?
    1 hour by train, 30 mins by car, as of right now. I really want to go over there, I just can't find a way to get out of the house easily at this time of day :/

Normally, we're 4 hours by train.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.