The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sazzy890
I'm getting grumpier and grumpier by the day, I can't wait til he's back :o:

Can he not text or talk to you while he's out there? :sad:
Original post by Jellybean91
Can he not text or talk to you while he's out there? :sad:

The code they have for wi fi can only be used by one person at a time and there's like 100 of them on the trip :unimpressed: He has sent me a few messages when he could though via email.
he can't text?
Reply 7663
Original post by strawberry
he can't text?

International texting is SO expensive, speaking from personal experience.
Original post by jeh_jeh
International texting is SO expensive, speaking from personal experience.

Whatsapp for the win :smile:
it's a texting app for phones that uses your data plan instead of texting.
Reply 7665
Whatsapp for the win :smile:
it's a texting app for phones that uses your data plan instead of texting.

I think her boyfriend's on the TSR ski trip, though, so using his data plan abroad would be even more expensive!

Whatsapp is great for international long-distance, but only if the person is based abroad from you long enough to warrant having a data plan (lots of contracts tie you in for a year or more!).
Original post by jeh_jeh
I think her boyfriend's on the TSR ski trip, though, so using his data plan abroad would be even more expensive!

Whatsapp is great for international long-distance, but only if the person is based abroad from you long enough to warrant having a data plan (lots of contracts tie you in for a year or more!).

that is true. in my case, me being abroad would be when I was home so I had a data plan and phone then. I use Whatsapp with friends and family back home.
he can't text?

We tried that, we're didn't receive each others texts! However we have been making do with PM on here :yep: We;re both missing each other like crazy now though :sadnod:

4 more sleeps and he'll be at my house for easter :woo:
We tried that, we're didn't receive each others texts! However we have been making do with PM on here :yep: We;re both missing each other like crazy now though :sadnod:

4 more sleeps and he'll be at my house for easter :woo:

oh relatively new relationships ... lol I kinda miss that sometimes.
oh relatively new relationships ... lol I kinda miss that sometimes.

lol my mum keeps saying "wait til you've been together years then you'll both be glad of the peace" :laugh:
lol my mum keeps saying "wait til you've been together years then you'll both be glad of the peace" :laugh:

it's very true.
I've been with mine for over 4 years now, and besides the intimacy that only a couple has, we're basically roommates. We're not all over each other all the time, and alone time is GREATLY appreciated.
Reply 7671
it's very true.
I've been with mine for over 4 years now, and besides the intimacy that only a couple has, we're basically roommates. We're not all over each other all the time, and alone time is GREATLY appreciated.

We're like this, too (three years in July), but I find it pretty comforting! (I should add that we're like this when we actually get to spend time together, which is limited at the moment because of exams)
Original post by jeh_jeh
We're like this, too (three years in July), but I find it pretty comforting! (I should add that we're like this when we actually get to spend time together, which is limited at the moment because of exams)

I find it quite comforting too! I just feel that it takes a certain level of comfort with someone to be able to just sit together in the same room, doing your own thing and not necessarily talking to each other.
Reply 7673
I find it quite comforting too! I just feel that it takes a certain level of comfort with someone to be able to just sit together in the same room, doing your own thing and not necessarily talking to each other.

I agree; and for that very reason it's the best thing ever (and also ridiculously liberating, hah)! :love:
Reply 7674
Can I have some advice for people?
Top tips for a LDR?

My boyfriend and I are both studying abroad next year (starting at the end of august) and we will only get to see each other for about a week and christmas then a not till May or June 2013. I think everything will be ok but I just wanted some advice to plan aheadso make sure it all works out.
Cannot contain my excitement for next Thursday :woo:
I can't contain mine for tomorrow!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Today! yay, only it had to go and snow loads :hmmm: I absolutely hate snow and cold weather.
Today I was sat at my computer at work getting butterflies and smiling my face off at the thought of him being back on Saturday! :h: :love:

Doing a spot of Easter baking on Saturday as a welcome back yummy treat :teeth:
well ive just got in the door, im back in the flat in england and shes still in ireland, suffice to say i feel pretty wretched.

Two months till i see her again, however the end is in sight. Just got to keep telling ourselves that its horrible right now but ina few months ill be back living in my home town and we can see each other whenever

Latest

Trending

Trending