Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, I think I would be very happy in this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragona)
    Thank you very much, I think I would be very happy in this.
    Is this sarcasm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    i think one of the hardest parts of an LDR is lack of human contact, i dont just mean sex but the simple comfort, intimacy and warmth of simply holding your partner and being there with them even if its just sitting together watching a film.

Course the no sex thing sucks too (come on i have to be a little bit blokey seeing as im about the only male regular poster )
    I am feeling that so badly right now, and hey us girls need some too!

Just found out that work won't give him the time off so it really is going to be 5 months until I see him again. Somehow just the thought of that is making my spirits plummet. The one thing I had to feel optimistic about has just become so much further away. And my best friend just broke up with his long distance girlfriend in Taiwan because of distance, so... I'm feeling particularly negative right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    I am feeling that so badly right now, and hey us girls need some too!

Just found out that work won't give him the time off so it really is going to be 5 months until I see him again. Somehow just the thought of that is making my spirits plummet. The one thing I had to feel optimistic about has just become so much further away. And my best friend just broke up with his long distance girlfriend in Taiwan because of distance, so... I'm feeling particularly negative right now.
    oh crap double whammy for you. Virtual hugs sent to you.

If someone told me i couldnt see her for five months i dont know what id do. In five months i intend to be living back home so it must be hell for you.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell, why do i feel so freakin jealous every time some random girl talks to him. -_____-
    sometime last year we actually "talked" about her because she was doing some study abroad thingy and he said that he just basically knows she exists (because they're on the same course obviously) but that's more or less it. and now she's saying stuff which seems like they actually know each other more than that. blahblahblah and i feel like ****. again. great.

ReputationRep:
    oh crap double whammy for you. Virtual hugs sent to you.

If someone told me i couldnt see her for five months i dont know what id do. In five months i intend to be living back home so it must be hell for you.
    Thanks! I know I need to man up and get on with it instead of sitting around feeling sad about it, but what do you do when you're so tired of it already?

Must try to focus on studies and friends, and not wish away the rest of the time I have left here! And at the end I will be going back for good and we'll be back to being 2 hours apart again. I will have my return flight booked by the end of the month, therefore a date to count down to. Trying to stay positive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat91s)
    Thanks! I know I need to man up and get on with it instead of sitting around feeling sad about it, but what do you do when you're so tired of it already?

Must try to focus on studies and friends, and not wish away the rest of the time I have left here! And at the end I will be going back for good and we'll be back to being 2 hours apart again. I will have my return flight booked by the end of the month, therefore a date to count down to. Trying to stay positive.
    your doing the right thing then - keeping busy and focusing on that end goal. But yeah its so hard - when they are your first, last and pretty much every thought all day. Least you have an end date something to look forward too

ReputationRep:
    my 3 and a half year LDR with a guy in another country will soon be ending... He is coming here for erasmus!

ReputationRep:
    holy cow my ex really messed me up she cheated on me (we went out for eight years, lived together etc etc) and something so minor with my gf has just happened i feel so stupid.

Ive just looked on my missus facebook (yes i know its fb), she hardly ever uses it i mean (rarely makes status, rarely makes comments doesnt like things etc) the only activity shes had on it 90% is about me. However ive just seen a comment shes put on her friends status. The comment is "wassup" Thats it - she asked a question about what hed written on his wall. and suddenly im full on paranoid and jealous (the sick to your stomach kind) and have all kinds of notions running through my head. and worst off - the guys gay - i know who he is. Most of my gfs friends are female she has very few male friends but still.................

Obviously im not going to mention this to her (its bloody embaressing) just thought Id vent - why on earth am i so worried right now. For gods sake this girl has such a hold on me its scary..........................

Maybe im just tired it been a long week

ReputationRep:
    holy cow my ex really messed me up she cheated on me (we went out for eight years, lived together etc etc) and something so minor with my gf has just happened i feel so stupid.

Ive just looked on my missus facebook (yes i know its fb), she hardly ever uses it i mean (rarely makes status, rarely makes comments doesnt like things etc) the only activity shes had on it 90% is about me. However ive just seen a comment shes put on her friends status. The comment is "wassup" Thats it - she asked a question about what hed written on his wall. and suddenly im full on paranoid and jealous (the sick to your stomach kind) and have all kinds of notions running through my head. and worst off - the guys gay - i know who he is. Most of my gfs friends are female she has very few male friends but still.................

Obviously im not going to mention this to her (its bloody embaressing) just thought Id vent - why on earth am i so worried right now. For gods sake this girl has such a hold on me its scary..........................

Maybe im just tired it been a long week
    Well, you've acknowledged that its an overreaction on your part so that's a good thing. You've been burnt before, obviously you're scared of it happening again. As long as you can keep a lid on feelings like this, you'll be fine. Use it as a positive experience, 'this time I've found a girlfriend who is good enough to me that I can say that nothing's going on and know it's true'.

I have the opposite problem to everyone else in this thread now. Well, it's not a real problem. My LDR will officially be over in 13 days (well, until I go back to uni in october). :banana:

The thing is, I've been wondering about how easy it will be to settle into a routine. We only had a few months to 'get to know each other' before I left and we were both off work/uni. Since then visits home/over here have been pretty intense 'let's spend all the time we physically can together while we can'. Basically I'm wondering how I'll go about getting used to the 'normal' boyfriend/girlfriend relationship given we've never really had one... It doesn't help that I'm not going to have a lot to do and he will still be working.

Oh yeah, and that's the other thing, it won't be quite as difficult but going back to uni and doing the LDR all over again is going to be SUCH a hassle, I'm actually going to have to work pretty hard so I won't have as much free time for chats and visits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    I have the opposite problem to everyone else in this thread now. Well, it's not a real problem. My LDR will officially be over in 13 days (well, until I go back to uni in october). :banana:

The thing is, I've been wondering about how easy it will be to settle into a routine. We only had a few months to 'get to know each other' before I left and we were both off work/uni. Since then visits home/over here have been pretty intense 'let's spend all the time we physically can together while we can'. Basically I'm wondering how I'll go about getting used to the 'normal' boyfriend/girlfriend relationship given we've never really had one... It doesn't help that I'm not going to have a lot to do and he will still be working.

Oh yeah, and that's the other thing, it won't be quite as difficult but going back to uni and doing the LDR all over again is going to be SUCH a hassle, I'm actually going to have to work pretty hard so I won't have as much free time for chats and visits
    Lucky you!!! I'm so jealous!

I think it is one of those things you have to work out as you go along, but I would suggest finding something to keep yourself busy and occupied until October, so that you can get that relationship/life balance just right. I find that if I'm off uni and I have nothing to do I start expecting more from my boyfriend which is not always helpful when he's working full-time and tired.

I'll be back at uni in September and doing the whole 2 hours apart thing again, which is better than 6000 miles. Last year I ended up giving up too much of my time to see him (new relationship and all that), so my main tip would be, chats and visits are good, but don't let it take time away from you that you need to study. You actually enjoy the time together more when you're not worrying about uni work.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, really wishing I could've seen him this weekend, missing him :sad: but not too long left really

Hi,

This feels really stupid but he left yesterday and I miss him. I hate this long distance stuff. You're probably lovely people but I wish I didn't keep having to look at this thread! Saying hello and then goodbye again and again is messing with me. I'm usually level headed! Just checked on National Rail and I could be there at 10.30 tomorrow for £25. Of course I can't. I'm an idiot.

Sorry, thanks so much for reading this, you're awesome.

Anonymous because I don't want him to guess this is me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

This feels really stupid but he left yesterday and I miss him. I hate this long distance stuff. You're probably lovely people but I wish I didn't keep having to look at this thread! Saying hello and then goodbye again and again is messing with me. I'm usually level headed! Just checked on National Rail and I could be there at 10.30 tomorrow for £25. Of course I can't. I'm an idiot.

Sorry, thanks so much for reading this, you're awesome.

Anonymous because I don't want him to guess this is me!
    It's really not stupid at all :hugs: I'm sure we all get like this, especially as IMO just after you/they've left is the hardest!
    I know exactly how you feel, just look how much I whine on here haha. I'm sure everyone here does - it's frustrating and horrible but it has to be done. And as for the train thing, I do something similar - every time I go into the train station (like today), I look at the train which goes to his house and it makes me suddenly really sad/want to abandon everything and get on the train

Hope you feel better soon

(Original post by ktlaurenroe)
    It's really not stupid at all :hugs: I'm sure we all get like this, especially as IMO just after you/they've left is the hardest!
    I know exactly how you feel, just look how much I whine on here haha. I'm sure everyone here does - it's frustrating and horrible but it has to be done. And as for the train thing, I do something similar - every time I go into the train station (like today), I look at the train which goes to his house and it makes me suddenly really sad/want to abandon everything and get on the train

Hope you feel better soon
    Thanks so much for your reply. I do feel better! It's great to know that other people are exactly the same

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to be in a long (ish) distance relationship soon, I have no idea if it'll work, he lives about two hours away from me but we're both willing to try it. I guess I'll end up seeing him a few times a month hopefully, and quite a lot during the summer. He's going to uni in september though, either an hour away from me (closer than where he is atm) or about three/four hours away. I don't want him to make any decisions about university based on our relationship but at the same time there's definitely a selfish part of me that really doesn't want him to be even further away

I guess I'm not looking for advice as such but yeah just wanted to let that out aha

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh feeling low right now.

Two weeks ago I flew back home to the Netherlands and spent the most amazing time with my boyfriend. Although we have been the bestest of friends the past 5 years, we grew even more close that week. It was perfect....I fell even more in love! I met his parents and they think I am great, everything seems to be fitting into place.

Last friday we were talking over msn (as you do) and we were just chatting, before he wanted to go to bed or watch his usual csi dvds :P but he left without saying goodbye also he hasn't been online all of yesterday and I am not holding out much hope of today seeing as it is nearly half 11 in NL. No text, no e-mail

Now I know I should e-mail to ask if everything is alright, but tbh I am always the one asking and I guess I am being stubborn by not e-mailing him now. Ugh I just want to know if everything is alright

Maybe I am overreacting, but ugh just feeling like I don't know what to do. Him being like this is totally out of character.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciccina)
    Guys, I really don't know what to do...

I love him, and I don't want to break up with him. Or him to break up with me...
    But I want our relationship to become more committed, to say so. And by that I mean that I would like to move closer or in the same place and be more "serious" about us. But I'm worried that I'll frighten him, or that he may say he's not ready. thing is, two years long distance are enough for me.

What should I do? Do I mention it or wait longer?
    How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys wow talk about a busy weekend hope everyones ok

the moving home got quite a bit closer this weekend when i sold a lot of my stuff to get some start up collattaral, its actually coming together. Cant wait. I miss her so much

ReputationRep:
    The boy's just flown off to Morocco to volunteer for 2 weeks, and he's going to be pretty much out of contact except for Whatsapp when he can get WiFi.
    It's all a bit sad because I don't go back to uni until next saturday and all of my friends went back this weekend so I'm all on my own this week with very little to distract me!
    I feel like I'm coping better than usual so far, hopefully after 7/8 months I'm finally getting used to this long distance stuff, it's definitely worth it in the end

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.