Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the boy tomorrow, and no longer be international LDR, but I hate goodbyes like this.... this has been one of the best but one of the saddest nights of my entire life :heart: I love all the people I've met here so much and I'm going to miss them millions :cry2: Its gone too quickly :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see the boy tomorrow, and no longer be international LDR, but I hate goodbyes like this.... this has been one of the best but one of the saddest nights of my entire life :heart: I love all the people I've met here so much and I'm going to miss them millions :cry2: Its gone too quickly :sad:
    My journey has just begun. And it's going to get harder.

ReputationRep:
    The long distance bit is now over for you? Congratulations! Although I can imagine that it's sad leaving where you are at the moment (Spain?). Make sure you keep in contact with everyone you've met

ReputationRep:
    Im so jealous and so pleased for you. Well done Jellybean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ct2k7)
    My journey has just begun. And it's going to get harder.
    massive :hugs:

I've been in LDR for two years now, and will be next year for sure - and until we both manage to move to the same country

don't worry, you are not alone

ReputationRep:
    I also wanted to say a big THANKS to the people who listened to me the other night

Sorry, Ive been tied up at work and didn't have the time to write you a decent reply, but Ill do it soon...just wanted to thank you guys again for being there for me

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    mega :grouphugs:

make sure you stay in touch with them

oh, and congratsssss :woo: end of LDR :woo::woo::woo:

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Congrats on the end of your LDR. :happy2:

Just try and stay in contact with all the friends you have made! At least the positive is that you get to see all your friends and family from home now.

ReputationRep:
    Aww, so jealous! I'm very happy for you though. Dont be sad, just make sure you keep in touch with them, this way you'll have the chance to visit them a couple of times a year!

ReputationRep:
    Urgh he's still being so off with me recently I spoke to him about it a while ago but he's said it's stress/exams etc and I'm hoping that's true. We're not properly in a relationship yet but yeah, things have been so different between us lately and I hate it. I completely understand that he wants and needs to prioritise exams, as do I, but I really hope things get back to normal soon because I honestly can't stand it much longer. Part of me wants to confront him but I can pretty much guess what he'll say anyway, it's just making me miserable and I want exam season to be over now. Just a few weeks until I see him though, cannot wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sianmay)
    Urgh he's still being so off with me recently I spoke to him about it a while ago but he's said it's stress/exams etc and I'm hoping that's true. We're not properly in a relationship yet but yeah, things have been so different between us lately and I hate it. I completely understand that he wants and needs to prioritise exams, as do I, but I really hope things get back to normal soon because I honestly can't stand it much longer. Part of me wants to confront him but I can pretty much guess what he'll say anyway, it's just making me miserable and I want exam season to be over now. Just a few weeks until I see him though, cannot wait
    Aww :hugs: I know it's difficult when you're not in an established relationship to broach tricky subjects... and if he's stressed that's just even worse. Hopefully he'll chill out a bit when exams are done, and you'll be seeing him soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    Aww :hugs: I know it's difficult when you're not in an established relationship to broach tricky subjects... and if he's stressed that's just even worse. Hopefully he'll chill out a bit when exams are done, and you'll be seeing him soon.
    It really is difficult, I can't stand the thought of losing him before I'm even with him. I'm sure he'd be reassuring about it but I don't want to keep bugging him and sounding insecure/paranoid. He's genuinely stressed at the moment and I know it's hard but it's just starting to get to me now and yet I don't want to bring things up and make him more stressed. :confused: I can't wait for his exams to be out of the way, and I'm even more excited to see him. Thank you for reassuring me a bit haha, just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes

ReputationRep:
    It really is difficult, I can't stand the thought of losing him before I'm even with him. I'm sure he'd be reassuring about it but I don't want to keep bugging him and sounding insecure/paranoid. He's genuinely stressed at the moment and I know it's hard but it's just starting to get to me now and yet I don't want to bring things up and make him more stressed. :confused: I can't wait for his exams to be out of the way, and I'm even more excited to see him. Thank you for reassuring me a bit haha, just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes
    Not a problem If you want to chat anymore about this or anything else on your mind, feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    right

i passed my theory test this morning (49 out of 50 for theory and 60 out 75 for hazard)

and my mother has bought me a car (not quite sure how i feel about it). So now i have the car - the money is made (for the most part) - the flat is signed over - bills are sorted - gym has been quit - work will have my notice on monday -

now i need to pack and book a ferry to drive over. Whether i pass my practical or not my brothers girl friend is driving me over.

this is really happening guys
    I have just over a month

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    right

i passed my theory test this morning (49 out of 50 for theory and 60 out 75 for hazard)

and my mother has bought me a car (not quite sure how i feel about it). So now i have the car - the money is made (for the most part) - the flat is signed over - bills are sorted - gym has been quit - work will have my notice on monday -

now i need to pack and book a ferry to drive over. Whether i pass my practical or not my brothers girl friend is driving me over.

this is really happening guys
    I have just over a month
    So proud of you! Now you don't have to worry about hurting anybody. You've waited for so long for this moment to arrive and it's finally here Keep thinking positive and start getting everything ready! I bet it's gonna be hard to realize that it's not a dream but it's actually happening You'll see how quickly time goes now! She must be so happy!

ReputationRep:
    Wow.. I feel absolutely terrible right now. I have no idea what is going on.

ReputationRep:
    aww

you wanna talk about it? write / pm me! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colpejafort)
    So proud of you! Now you don't have to worry about hurting anybody. You've waited for so long for this moment to arrive and it's finally here Keep thinking positive and start getting everything ready! I bet it's gonna be hard to realize that it's not a dream but it's actually happening You'll see how quickly time goes now! She must be so happy!
    yeah shes pretty chuffed - so am i in all fairness.

Whats up sian? Anything we can do?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like ****, completely miserable and bored out of my mind. LDR's ****ing suck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms. Snuffleupagus)
    aww

you wanna talk about it? write / pm me! :hugs:
    (Original post by silverbolt)
    Whats up sian? Anything we can do?
    Aww :hugs: I'm not sure there's anything anyone can do really but thank you both! I may take you up on the offer of a pm though, if you don't mind of course aha

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.