The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FuzzySheep
I feel the same too. :frown:

I told him last night I'd been feeling really sad, and he hasn't texted back since then. I don't think my boyfriend wants me or loves me when I feel low. He always does this. :frown:

My boyfriend asked to take a break, and there's another girl trying to get involved...life sucks, but have faith! That's what I have, I believe my boyfriend and I will survive! Be positive :smile:
Original post by Kaitsurinu
My boyfriend asked to take a break, and there's another girl trying to get involved...life sucks, but have faith! That's what I have, I believe my boyfriend and I will survive! Be positive :smile:

:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you agreed that you won't be seeing other people? I'm sure you and your boyfriend will be fine, you sound positive and I hope it stays that way :hugs:

I am trying, but this has happened many times before when I need someone to talk to. I just want to stop crying really. I hope it will be okay, fingers crossed for the both of us :smile:
Original post by FuzzySheep
:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you agreed that you won't be seeing other people? I'm sure you and your boyfriend will be fine, you sound positive and I hope it stays that way :hugs:

I am trying, but this has happened many times before when I need someone to talk to. I just want to stop crying really. I hope it will be okay, fingers crossed for the both of us :smile:

If you ever need to talk to someone in the same sort of position, feel free to talk to me :smile: My speciality seems to be trying to find the positive between the negative :L
And my boyfriend seems to be missing me, so I'm not too worried :smile: my fingers are crossed for you!

A break is a pathetic excuse, sounds more like he is using the break excuse so he can persue this other girl
Joining this as of today :frown: will be a regular I am sure, :hugs: to everyone joining due to uni, and everyone else too!
I just said goodbye to my boyfriend. It was horrible. It's his birthday too!
In an hour or so I'll be setting off to Carlisle. It's only a 2 hour distance, but it won't be easy to just 'pop' home.
Think I'm gonna need this thread this year but fingers crossed it all works out for me and my boyfriend!
Original post by Rock Fan
A break is a pathetic excuse, sounds more like he is using the break excuse so he can persue this other girl

He doesn't like the girl :smile: she likes him, but we talked a lot last night and we've decided to try again :smile:
My boyfriend's currently in Manchester while I'm stuck down here on the south coast. I wish my uni started earlier so I could distract myself.
Just had a nice talk with my bf over skype. He was a bit annoyed that I told him I wasn't happy with him not replying to me etc. But we're ok :smile: Going to try and make it work ^^
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Just had a nice talk with my bf over skype. He was a bit annoyed that I told him I wasn't happy with him not replying to me etc. But we're ok :smile: Going to try and make it work ^^

Good luck :smile:
Just a word of encouragement...
I have been in a long distance relationship for almost 4 years with a guy who lives in Italy.
Now we live together. LDRs are NOT doomed to fade away.
Good luck :smile:

Thank you ^^ I feel a lot happier now :smile: Hope you're ok xx
Original post by CupcakeFaerie
Thank you ^^ I feel a lot happier now :smile: Hope you're ok xx

Thank you :smile: I'll be okay, I'm sure of it! xx
my gf is about to go to france for the year. i don't know how i'm going to cope :frown: she's my rock and the only reason i made it through second year. We've talked and we're fairly certain we'll still be together next summer i just don't know how i'm going to deal with missing her :frown:
Hey
At the beginning of first year, i Hated university.
My boyfriend and I met in school and loved being near each other. We worked better and were a lot happier seeing each other every day at school and going out on dates and sharing friends etc.
So when uni came along, I dreaded it and boy did I HATE it in my first year.
We decided to do the "long distance relationship" (LDR) thing and I'll tell you the honest truth. It hurts. But boy is it worth it.
We made it through with skype chats, surprise visits (i LOVED doing these XD), playing online games with each other etc.

Third year was the easiest year because a) it went so fast ! (doing dissertation etc) and b) i knew that when I finished uni, I could be with him again and not be restricted by 2 hours travelling.

Just remember: University is where you find out what makes you "tick". So make close friends (and its a good idea to make a friend who is also in a LDR [enter the weepy convo's!]), do go out some of the time (but make sure to keep your partner in the loop) and enjoy yourself!

IF you're dreading it, remember, you do have options :smile:

My LDR lasted all 3 years whilst at uni!! And I have a degree and the love of my life at the end of it :biggrin:

*sends courage to all uni students in an LDR or embarking on one*
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Good luck!!
Original post by jazzychrissy
Hey
At the beginning of first year, i Hated university.
My boyfriend and I met in school and loved being near each other. We worked better and were a lot happier seeing each other every day at school and going out on dates and sharing friends etc.
So when uni came along, I dreaded it and boy did I HATE it in my first year.
We decided to do the "long distance relationship" (LDR) thing and I'll tell you the honest truth. It hurts. But boy is it worth it.
We made it through with skype chats, surprise visits (i LOVED doing these XD), playing online games with each other etc.

Third year was the easiest year because a) it went so fast ! (doing dissertation etc) and b) i knew that when I finished uni, I could be with him again and not be restricted by 2 hours travelling.

Just remember: University is where you find out what makes you "tick". So make close friends (and its a good idea to make a friend who is also in a LDR [enter the weepy convo's!]), do go out some of the time (but make sure to keep your partner in the loop) and enjoy yourself!

IF you're dreading it, remember, you do have options :smile:

My LDR lasted all 3 years whilst at uni!! And I have a degree and the love of my life at the end of it :biggrin:

*sends courage to all uni students in an LDR or embarking on one*
:heart: :heart: :heart:

Good luck!!

My girlfriend moved down to uni this morning and I've just had the most depressing day as I've not known what to do with myself now she's gone. I don't move down until this saturday and I've just got off the phone with her during which we both cried numerous times. Reading this has just cheered me up so thank you! :smile:
Well i've just joined the forums properly and reading all the posts in this thread has made me a lot happier! Me and my boyfriend have been together for about 7 months, he's just gone to uni today and i'm the year below so i've still got another year left. Been feeling very down today, i'm not sure if i'm worried or if i'm purely jealous that I wish I could be at uni with him! Missing him like crazy tho :frown: anyone in the same situation?
Original post by MPenny19
My girlfriend moved down to uni this morning and I've just had the most depressing day as I've not known what to do with myself now she's gone. I don't move down until this saturday and I've just got off the phone with her during which we both cried numerous times. Reading this has just cheered me up so thank you! :smile:

:biggrin: I'm happy to help! And believe me I cried so much! Overtime actually, you get used to it - and one day, she will leave after a blissful few days of visiting and although you will both be sad, the tears won't flow because you know that you've always got each other even if its tough. It gets better. Trust me! :smile:
So my boyfriend just rang me. I was crying as soon as I saw his name on my phone screen.
I only saw him this morning. But I think the next time I see him will be October 19th... Unless I can get down earlier. I miss him so much already.

...when does it start to feel better?! I know a day isn't long but... I can't deal with constantly feeling like this.

Latest

Trending

Trending