Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had a lovely 2 hour MSN conversation with my bf today and I'm just booking train tickets to see him from the 5th to the 7th of October ^^ It's only a few days but I still can't wait

Much love to everyone x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickyk)
    Hey fellow LDR'ers, I recently published an article on whether long distance relationships can work. Please give it a read if you get the chance, and if you like it, share it with your friends thanks a lot!
    Do you have a link?

He dumped me... :cry2: I don't know what to do. its all because of distance. I don't know what to do. I really love him. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    He dumped me... :cry2: I don't know what to do. its all because of distance. I don't know what to do. I really love him. :cry:
    What happened?!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Hey LDRs, I can't tell you what a help this thread has been over the last couple of days. I'm in my third year and my boy is a year younger and took a gap year, so is only just starting uni. Dropped him off at uni on Saturday and I'm really happy for him to have freshers to do but I'm rather jealous and depressed because all I have to look forward to is a ridiculous amount of work!!

Plus he's living with 11 girls and only 3 other guys... I'm usually rational and not jealous and I trust him completely but man, hearing that he's the only one hanging out with all those girls is hard. He tells me everything and contacts me all the time, I even met most of the girls when I moved him in so they know I'm in the picture!! I'm just feeling a little insecure, which I know is irrational because I know he loves me and he gets uncomfortable when another girl even so much as hugs him!! I think the first few weeks will be difficult, as he adjusts and I'm still at home waiting to go back to uni.

Much love x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CupcakeFaerie)
    Had a lovely 2 hour MSN conversation with my bf today and I'm just booking train tickets to see him from the 5th to the 7th of October ^^ It's only a few days but I still can't wait

Much love to everyone x
    :ditto: although due to my ridiculous time table we're only getting 6 and 7th but better than nought!

[QUOTE=emahwoowoo] I know it's difficult but remember he's with you. I know thats easier said than done but everytime you start worrying remind yourself of what you put here. He loves you, find female attention awkward and you trust him! Hopefully you going back to uni will help as it'll be a distraction.

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal, after years of LDR, to fear that your OH will meet somebody who's 'better' than you?

ReputationRep:
    I wish I had some work to start on. I have way too much time to think about things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms. Snuffleupagus)
    Is it normal, after years of LDR, to fear that your OH will meet somebody who's 'better' than you?
    Even some married couples feel like that, just have faith

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I know it's difficult but remember he's with you. I know thats easier said than done but everytime you start worrying remind yourself of what you put here. He loves you, find female attention awkward and you trust him! Hopefully you going back to uni will help as it'll be a distraction.

Thanks, you're right about uni being a distraction! He's talking to me lots, it's just getting hard to see photos on Facebook with girls all over the place. Time to take a FB break

(Original post by emahwoowoo)
    Hey LDRs, I can't tell you what a help this thread has been over the last couple of days. I'm in my third year and my boy is a year younger and took a gap year, so is only just starting uni. Dropped him off at uni on Saturday and I'm really happy for him to have freshers to do but I'm rather jealous and depressed because all I have to look forward to is a ridiculous amount of work!!

Plus he's living with 11 girls and only 3 other guys... I'm usually rational and not jealous and I trust him completely but man, hearing that he's the only one hanging out with all those girls is hard. He tells me everything and contacts me all the time, I even met most of the girls when I moved him in so they know I'm in the picture!! I'm just feeling a little insecure, which I know is irrational because I know he loves me and he gets uncomfortable when another girl even so much as hugs him!! I think the first few weeks will be difficult, as he adjusts and I'm still at home waiting to go back to uni.

Much love x

Not much comfort but I am in the same position, with my girlfriend living with a couple of girls and about 10 guys...guess you just have to have trust. Keep busy, don't check Facebook too much and remember that he loves you! It'll all be okay

ReputationRep:
    Not much comfort but I am in the same position, with my girlfriend living with a couple of girls and about 10 guys...guess you just have to have trust. Keep busy, don't check Facebook too much and remember that he loves you! It'll all be okay
    Thanks! It helps knowing there's other people in the same position as me. Facebook is a killer! Definitely gonna have to start limiting my usage!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaitsurinu)
    Even some married couples feel like that, just have faith
    Thanks! I wanna have faith, but he disappoints me some times, like when he'll be around with his new friends and not get in touch at all, not even text me. And if I get upset about it, then it's my fault -for caring.
    All I'm thinking is, what if something happened to him? If sth happened, I'd have no one to call, because I don't know anyone there.

What am I to do

(Original post by such_a_lady)
    What happened?!

Today, he was talking about coming to see me later. Tomorrow he told me he gt no feelings for me, he's not interested anymore and I'm too far. What could change a guy's mind in less than 24 hours! I gt no clue :cry2:

I met a girl on holiday and we got on great so we decided to meet up in England which we did, I live in Middlesbrough while she lives in Manchester and not so long ago I went and met up with her for a couple of days and all I can say it was the most enjoyment I have ever had with a girl! We got really close and can just say anything to each other For the first time I was my complete self with a girl and I wasn't afraid about any of my actions in front of her because she liked me for who I am <3

Now the difficult bit is she has just started college while I am about to start at Teesside University (chose to stay at home). We are are unsure about what to do in terms of a relationship. I am really looking forward to University in terms of meeting new people and learning new things but she keeps on saying to me I need to be single and experience the Uni life "partying" I'll happily do that yes but I'm not exactly stoked at thinking "Hell yeah lets bang as many girls as possible" I have my mind set on this girl! I just really want her I'll be living at home and keeping my job so it will just be like college again tbh as I'm not in halls or anything so won't be partying 24/7 as the travelling to the Uni at night will become expensive.

I'm seeing her again in October half term which I can't wait for and by that time I will have done my freshers week and experienced a bit of Uni and it will give me a better perspective of what I want I'm not aiming for sex with anyone else in freshers but I can't express this enough to her! Literally all my uni life will be is going to lectures and then coming home, obviously I will do the odd partying but I know fine well a few days enjoyment with this girl easily beats a scruffy drunken night out!

ReputationRep:
    Today, he was talking about coming to see me later. Tomorrow he told me he gt no feelings for me, he's not interested anymore and I'm too far. What could change a guy's mind in less than 24 hours! I gt no clue :cry2:
    I'm so, so sorry :console:

ReputationRep:
    she keeps on saying to me I need to be single and experience the Uni life "partying" I'll happily do that yes but I'm not exactly stoked at thinking "Hell yeah lets bang as many girls as possible" I have my mind set on this girl! I just really want her
    If she's saying this she might be feeling a bit insecure and worried about you going away, if it were me that's probably what I'd be feeling and that's why I'd be saying that! Be really explicit that you just want her and want to make it work. She may just want reassurance that yes, you do want her and only her hope it all works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ms. Snuffleupagus)
    Thanks! I wanna have faith, but he disappoints me some times, like when he'll be around with his new friends and not get in touch at all, not even text me. And if I get upset about it, then it's my fault -for caring.
    All I'm thinking is, what if something happened to him? If sth happened, I'd have no one to call, because I don't know anyone there.

What am I to do
    I've been through this recently, and when I find out what you're meant to do in this situation, you'll be the first to know :L it's worst when it involves him going out to clubs at night and I'm always worried deep down that something might happen, like in TV shows D:
    Have you tried explaining your feelings to him? He might just feel like he's constantly being checked up on? I know I would certainly like to feel looked after when I went out, just even by text, but maybe that's a girl thing :L

[QUOTE=emahwoowoo;39606738]If she's saying this she might be feeling a bit insecure and worried about you going away, if it were me that's probably what I'd be feeling and that's why I'd be saying that! Be really explicit that you just want her and want to make it work. She may just want reassurance that yes, you do want her and only her hope it all works out for you!

I have a had a few discussions with her and we have come to happy terms just going to play it cool for now and see how I get on at Uni! As I said before once it comes to October I will have experienced the Uni life a bit and I should have a better understanding of what I really want It's also a more safe way for now because I have gotten really close to her so if my silly drunken mind did take over I would have huge regret on me!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so I find myself 3 days into an LDR and I'm already in pieces. Does it get any easier?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.