Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattyJo)
    How old are you and your girlfriend? Honestly if I was your girlfriend I would have already gotten the hell out of there.
    im 17 and she's 18

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous2)
    im 17 and she's 18
    So both young. Hmm, I see literally no problem with your girlfriend just blocking his emails and ceasing to contact this person really, I'm not sure why this is so much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    So both young. Hmm, I see literally no problem with your girlfriend just blocking his emails and ceasing to contact this person really, I'm not sure why this is so much of a problem.
    me neither! the thing is, is that she's scared he might kill himself and she told me that she doesn't want to live knowing someone killed themself over her.. she's a really really really nice girl and she gets attached to people easily so she always wants to help people and stuff.. She doesn't want him to feel depressed and she knows that if she stops talking to him, he'll get even more depressed...

ReputationRep:
    me neither! the thing is, is that she's scared he might kill himself and she told me that she doesn't want to live knowing someone killed themself over her.. she's a really really really nice girl and she gets attached to people easily so she always wants to help people and stuff.. She doesn't want him to feel depressed and she knows that if she stops talking to him, he'll get even more depressed...
    I'm sorry but someone won't kill themselves over someone over the internet. They are just playing games. Your girlfriend literally has nothing to do with this guy? :confused:

if you've already approached her about it i'd probably be a bit more blunt about it. I hate guys like this, they can't understand that what they're doing is inappropriate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    if you've already approached her about it i'd probably be a bit more blunt about it. I hate guys like this, they can't understand that what they're doing is inappropriate.
    EXACTLY i've told her it's so inappropriate for him to messaging my girlfriend like this.. she agrees but she doesn't want him to be even more sad. I know that this guy isn't for real and he hasn't tried to kill himself or anything... I mean for christ's sake, he hasn't even seen a picture of her and he's 'in love'

ReputationRep:
    That anon was me.

Another point is that he won't kill himself i'm pretty positive of that, if he does he has had problems much more complex than your gf can fix.

Besides, to be blunt about it, if she blocks his emails she won't know he;s dead

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but someone won't kill themselves over someone over the internet. They are just playing games. Your girlfriend literally has nothing to do with this guy? :confused:
    I dunno man this is all confusing stuff, she doesnt want to hurt him even more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BabyfacedDom)
    That anon was me.

Another point is that he won't kill himself i'm pretty positive of that, if he does he has had problems much more complex than your gf can fix.

Besides, to be blunt about it, if she blocks his emails she won't know he;s dead
    wait is there a way to like send you a message privately or something? im new to the tsr stuff

ReputationRep:
    I dunno man this is all confusing stuff, she doesnt want to hurt him even more
    What do you mean? This is a guy your girlfriend has no connection too whatsoever, this problem can be fixed with a click of a button, honestly, if I could, I'd do it for you . But try to not let it effect you, try not to get too involved, I know it bothers you but, don't take it out on her.

ReputationRep:
    wait is there a way to like send you a message privately or something? im new to the tsr stuff

yeah but i'm not sure how :P never sent one. Click on my name maybe?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean? This is a guy your girlfriend has no connection too whatsoever, this problem can be fixed with a click of a button, honestly, if I could, I'd do it for you . But try to not let it effect you, try not to get too involved, I know it bothers you but, don't take it out on her.
    thanks man for the advice i'll try and get her to block messages from this guy

ReputationRep:
    thanks man for the advice i'll try and get her to block messages from this guy
    Listen, it would be a shame to let something like this to get in the way, and I'm sure you won't let it but tread carefully right?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    hey guys, i've been in this long distance relationship with my girlfriend for like 5 months now and things are great and im really happy with her. But one day she met this guy online and they exchanged email addresses, she told me about it and as im a really laid back guy, i didn't really mind it BUT as the days went on, the emails started to get more and more intense cos the guy started to get obsessed with her and i mean REALLY OBSESSED! he was writing poems for her, telling her that he loves her so much and that he'd do anything to be in my position... He's always emailing her about how much he wants to cuddle and make love and stuff with her... She obviously doesn't feel comfortable with it and so she said she had a boyfriend...but still he continued to email her about his obsession with her. Then suddenly he started to get depressed and was threatening suicide and how he can't stand it when he loves my girlfriend but she loves me... He always says he's gonna kill himself over and over again. THen i got tired of all this and i told her to email him to back off politely...which made things even worse! He started to get even more depressed and said that he can't live in this world where 'his dream girl is not his' I love this girl a lot and she means the world to me but really im just so damn confused right now... I dont like the idea that this guy is always emailing her about wanting to make love with her and stuff.. in fact im pretty pissed off with the guy... But i just dont know what to do now someone please help... He's already tried to commit suicide already, it's just my girlfriend is always so sad when he emails her about this... And when she copies and pastes it to me, i get a bit sad too. There's also this underlying feeling that this guy is trying to just steal her away from me... if you could help me, that would be awesome (:
    Thing is I reckon he is doing it for attention, if he was really going to kill himself he wouldn't tell anyone

ReputationRep:
    Listen, it would be a shame to let something like this to get in the way, and I'm sure you won't let it but tread carefully right?
    i will im not gonna let this get in the way of anythig

ReputationRep:
    i will im not gonna let this get in the way of anythig
    Good lad. Any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Good lad. Any other questions feel free to PM me. Good luck.
    thanks man, i'll let you know if stuff gets bad

ReputationRep:
    Keep us updated

Doesn't happen often on TSR for me but i genuinely care about how this one pans out. Probably because i'd been in a similar situation myself.

ReputationRep:
    Noone can say what way your relationship will go, I thought I new how mine would go and I didn't. Obviously you love each other very much and you make time for each other, maybe you should ask him if he sees your relationship going anywhere, I know its only been 3 months but in a long distance relationship to handle that so well at the start is really good.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice guys but i've got another problem :/ my girlfriend thinks she's a bad gf, i keep on telling her she's the best girlfriend in the world, but she always just says she isn't...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.