The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well it's been a week since I moved away, and to be honest I am so so so glad that I didn't split up with him just because of moving to uni. Haven't been tempted at all, and will be going home next week :biggrin:

Splitting up for freshers week seems so lame, I mean every guy was blatantly just after sex, and I would not like to be used like that! The only thing that's been hard is seeing other couples being together and dancing, and getting jealous, as well as just missing my bf loads, not resenting the fact that I can't be off pulling rugby players!

Good luck to everyone else too :smile:
Reply 1321
BlueRoses
Well it's been a week since I moved away, and to be honest I am so so so glad that I didn't split up with him just because of moving to uni. Haven't been tempted at all, and will be going home next week :biggrin:

Splitting up for freshers week seems so lame, I mean every guy was blatantly just after sex, and I would not like to be used like that! The only thing that's been hard is seeing other couples being together and dancing, and getting jealous, as well as just missing my bf loads, not resenting the fact that I can't be off pulling rugby players!

Good luck to everyone else too :smile:

i agree :smile:
it's just hard cos i miss him but it's fineeee :biggrin:
also seeing mine next weekend wooooo!
:woo:
Hello! :smile:
I just needed to let this out and I didn't know what to do.. So I came here..

Its been around 3 months now.. I know, I know, it's not that long to miss someone that much.. But we're from different countries and cultures and backgrounds.. We barely talk and he's barely online and its really expensive calling all the time.. It's the mini things that I miss the most, we went to the same school, and he's be waiting in his dorm room in the morning and watches me in my morning assembley while he's late to class.. I'd be looking like crap just woke up, but he'd have this look in his face where he's looking at the most amazing thing in the world and he's the happiest he's ever been!
Gosh! I miss that!!

Now he graduated and left back home, awaiting to go to unversity which is still unknown where..

Anyone out there sharing the same pain?!
Ok, I can't do this anymore. Been with him 2 years. Last year he was at uni. He treated me like absolute crap (ie, going on holiday with three girls without telling me, ignoring me on valentines, sending flirty texts etc), but me being the little doormat I am, stayed with him. Now I'm at uni, I'm talking to guys who just seem so much more genuine and nicer, whilst my bf has now become the clingy one (says he'll commit suicide if I ever leave him :s-smilie:). Argggg, dunno what to do. :frown:
Anonymous
Ok, I can't do this anymore. Been with him 2 years. Last year he was at uni. He treated me like absolute crap (ie, going on holiday with three girls without telling me, ignoring me on valentines, sending flirty texts etc), but me being the little doormat I am, stayed with him. Now I'm at uni, I'm talking to guys who just seem so much more genuine and nicer, whilst my bf has now become the clingy one (says he'll commit suicide if I ever leave him :s-smilie:). Argggg, dunno what to do. :frown:

Tbh, I think you answered this in your first sentence. Tell him to buck up or **** off. You deserve to be treated with respect in a relationship, not treated like **** and feel like you're unable to break it off if you so wish. Tell him you need some real improvements and actually mean it, and be prepared to carry out the threat of leaving him if he isn't prepared to do so.

Got into my hometown about 11, called my boyfriend to let him know I was here. He answered, sounded pissed off, and told me to come back at 1.

I was up before 7 this morning getting ready, getting all excited about seeing him, I've been travelling since 8. I called the other night to confirm with him I was coming at 11, he said that was fine, I had suggested a later bus that got in at 1 but, no, the one at 11 was fine.

He's got work this evening, so we were only going to be able to see each other for a few hours anyway. The time's getting shorter and shorter.

This really isn't worth it, is it?
Reply 1326
cazamatazz

Got into my hometown about 11, called my boyfriend to let him know I was here. He answered, sounded pissed off, and told me to come back at 1.

I was up before 7 this morning getting ready, getting all excited about seeing him, I've been travelling since 8. I called the other night to confirm with him I was coming at 11, he said that was fine, I had suggested a later bus that got in at 1 but, no, the one at 11 was fine.

He's got work this evening, so we were only going to be able to see each other for a few hours anyway. The time's getting shorter and shorter.

This really isn't worth it, is it?

YES. See how your time together goes! Is he the one at home then whilst you're at Uni?

Bit harsh of him to make you wait, but just see what it's like when you're together. It might be better than you anticipate, which will be great...

Good luck!
Thankyou.

Just called him- again- and apparently he's got freshers flu. So our time together's not going to be great, really, but it's better than nothing and I really want to see him. I'm just not so sure that he wants to see me.

Wish he'd told me he was ill, though, instead of just snapping down the phone at me.

I don't know if life'd be better or worse if I did break it off, though. Everyone seems sort of grey compared to him.

Being a sap, being a sap.
:)x
i agree :smile:
it's just hard cos i miss him but it's fineeee :biggrin:
also seeing mine next weekend wooooo!
:woo:

I third that :smile: Haha.
I know its hard, I miss my boyfriend so much but I get to go up and see him on Friday and I'm so excited :smile:
I'm keeping myself as busy as I can, I'm hoping it'll get easier with each week.
I haven't seen my boy for 4 days and neither of us are happy about it...

I'm making a 4 hour journey to home and back tomorrow to hang out with him all day... It costs me less than half what it would cost me cos he's not really up to speed with the internet and doing stuff online and also is too old for a YP railcard...

I miss him. :frown: But I get to see him tomorrow...

Neither or us slept on Thursday night cos we were thinking about each other... I text him at about 5 am and he called me then I tried to sleep cos I had my induction at uni yesterday really early! And he called me at half 7 to make sure I woke up for it, aww...

LDR :frown:

edit: And I get to have his cooking tomorrow, yay. I already told him I'm stealing some to take back with me lol.

It kind of feels like part of me is missing... Which is kinda lame and sounds so *mimes throwing up*, but it's true...
My first post here!

I started going out with a guy a month ago (which I know isn't long, but we connected INSTANTLY. I feel more for him than I felt for my boyfriend who I was with for 2 years) but he's going to Australia til March on Tuesday. I'm so upset, I don't know what to do! I'm hoping to go out there for a bit in January but still, it's so long.

Really don't know how I'm going to cope, so it's nice to see others in the same situation!
Been forcibly expelled from this society/advice centre, I guess.

Yeah. Dumped. ****.
cazamatazz

Yeah. Dumped. ****.

****! What happened?
I don't know.

I met up with him, everything was fine, I forgot I was ever angry, etc etc. Then we went back to his and he basically said he couldn't cope with a long distance relationship, or, for that matter, any sort of relationship. I cried for about an hour straight. In front of him. Dignified.

End result, we're kind of... taking a break. For a month. And seeing how things go.

: /

I thought I could trust him not to be like every other guy I've ever dated. If I had a quid for every time this has happened I'd have

um

about a tenner.
cazamatazz

Yeah. Dumped. ****.

:hugs: Why?
cazamatazz
I don't know.

I met up with him, everything was fine, I forgot I was ever angry, etc etc. Then we went back to his and he basically said he couldn't cope with a long distance relationship, or, for that matter, any sort of relationship. I cried for about an hour straight. In front of him. Dignified.

End result, we're kind of... taking a break. For a month. And seeing how things go.

I thought I could trust him not to be like every other guy I've ever dated. If I had a quid for every time this has happened I'd have

um

about a tenner.

Did he say why he didn't wanna have a relationship at the moment? Hmn, I never like the whole taking a break thing. It tends just to be a cop out cause people don't have the balls to break up with someone properly. Though, you never know, maybe your guy will prove me wrong.
The taking a break thing was my idea. Couldn't cope with the thought of losing him so pushed him into that. He wanted to be friends but I said I'd cut off all contact if that happened. I've been in that situation before, and it ended... well, it didn't really end, just slowly came to a messy standstill.

He says he needs some space to sort his head out while he starts uni and stuff. Hopefully after the induction period's over we can discuss it a bit more.
cazamatazz
I don't know.

um

about a tenner.

:hugs: I don't know which face is best :frown: or :mad: I'm kinda pulling a mixture of both atm :s-smilie: That's really really harsh and cruel and downright mean. I hope it really is JUST a break nothing worse, for your sake at least because a month is a long time :frown: Are you going to be having any contact for the month or seeing each other at all? I agree with Steve, I hope he proves us wrong :yep: :hugs:
He's really insistent that he's going to call me and see me at least once during that time.

I don't know, though. If we're not getting back together I'd rather just cut off all contact. It sounds harsh, but experience has shown that anything else will just lead to me falling even more in love and getting ****** over.
cazamatazz
The taking a break thing was my idea. Couldn't cope with the thought of losing him so pushed him into that. He wanted to be friends but I said I'd cut off all contact if that happened. I've been in that situation before, and it ended... well, it didn't really end, just slowly came to a messy standstill.

He says he needs some space to sort his head out while he starts uni and stuff. Hopefully after the induction period's over we can discuss it a bit more.

Ooooh okay I get it, an end is waaaay better than a messy standstill, even though it's still nowhere near good. Fingers crossed it works :hugs:

Latest

Trending

Trending