Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    does having a GF 35-40 mins away qualify as a LDR?
    I doubt it! Try 3-4 hours!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    If it's a far enough distance to not see each other as much as you'd like, ie every week, then I'd say it was.
    It's very annoying, cuz your still fairly close compared to others here, but doesn't make it any less hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    does having a GF 35-40 mins away qualify as a LDR?
    it does if it makes it harder for you to see her etc but if im honest probably not. thats what i have as a normal distance in my relationship due to buses etc. its a manageable distance and you can still see each other quite a bit.

but nonetheless if you gf is at uni etc then other things can get in the way of seeing her and the distance can feel bigger than it is.

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend's gone home ater spending the weekend here at uni with me. I miss him so much. I'm finding it so hard to settle here and having im here was just wonderful and now I'm in bits, worse than I was when I moved away, it's horrible.

ReputationRep:
    *hugs* i hate it when my bf leaves too

ReputationRep:
    my bf left for uni this morning. am officially in an LDR. i miss him and it suckss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Try over 500 miles Engand > Germany...I win Actually it's not a competition so let's not make it into one eh?:p:

ReputationRep:
    I really did have the best weekend ever

I hope everyone else did.

I now miss him loads, but it's fine because I know I will see him soon and we will again have spend some quality time together

yaaaaaay!

x

p.s stop the competition. why does it matter? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :)x)

I now miss him loads, but it's fine because I know I will see him soon and we will again have spend some quality time together

yaaaaaay!

x

I think that needed to be said, there is no competition here. any distance is hard and can stop you seeing your other half and make your relationship a little more difficult.

Glad you had a nice weekend btw :hugs: when are you seeing him next?

ReputationRep:

yaaaaaay!

x

yeah had an amazing weekend, seriously!! ahhhhh
    lol.
    but come on guys seriously.... the distance away your bf/gf is.. doesnt reflect how much you miss them!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbles_x)
    lol.
    but come on guys seriously.... the distance away your bf/gf is.. doesnt reflect how much you miss them!
    x
    I know, I was being sarcastic, hence I said it's not a competition so let's not make it into one Although having said that it could do. Generally speaking the further your partner the less you see them and one would expect the more you miss them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wtid)
    I know, I was being sarcastic, hence I said it's not a competition so let's not make it into one Although having said that it could do. Generally speaking the further your partner the less you see them and one would expect the more you miss them.
    Yeah, and it doesn't only reflect that, but it does matter really how far they are away, because not getting to see someone for months at a time, and knowing you can't just hop on a train, or even hop on a plane to see them makes the whole situation a lot harder.

ReputationRep:
    we are meant to be supporting each other not making it worse!
    tell me your situations x
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by wtid)
    Try over 500 miles Engand > Germany...I win Actually it's not a competition so let's not make it into one eh?:p:
    That would suck

ReputationRep:

yaaaaaay!

x

I had the best weekend ever too so I know how you feel. It was so amazing. Even in the short time I was there I feel like I have so many memories.
    I have to wait just under 3 weeks to see him now. I know its not a lot compared to some people on here, but because its a new thing to me its still quite hard.
    I miss him a lot, just like I did when he first went away but it'll get better I'm sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    I think that needed to be said, there is no competition here. any distance is hard and can stop you seeing your other half and make your relationship a little more difficult.

Glad you had a nice weekend btw :hugs: when are you seeing him next?

I am seeing him in another two weeks i think,
    I'm becoming more busy at work atm, and he's just started som coursework and has an essay due in for friday! so it works out great really
    It almost feels like the start of our relationship again, let's just say 'the honeymoon period' except even better .

I'm not too sure of your situation? Verrry long distance?

(Original post by bubbles_x)
    lol.
    x
    (Original post by lucyhol1012)
    I had the best weekend ever too so I know how you feel. It was so amazing. Even in the short time I was there I feel like I have so many memories.
    I have to wait just under 3 weeks to see him now. I know its not a lot compared to some people on here, but because its a new thing to me its still quite hard.
    I miss him a lot, just like I did when he first went away but it'll get better I'm sure
    I'm very glad you both had good weekends too! Now let's get excited for the next ones

:o:

ReputationRep:

I am seeing him in another two weeks i think,
    I'm becoming more busy at work atm, and he's just started som coursework and has an essay due in for friday! so it works out great really
    It almost feels like the start of our relationship again, let's just say 'the honeymoon period' except even better .

I'm not too sure of your situation? Verrry long distance?
    Yeah i know the feeling the boy is busy with his gap year and im busy working/seeing friends/ trying to find a new job. im finding keeping busy helps.

my bf went away to spain last monday for a year, so hes about 4hrs away by plane plus an hour and a half train journey. its only been a week and im coping well should be seeing him next month for a day or so and then hopefully for longer in december after that not sure when im seeing him next. just taking it how it goes however if things go as planned from may it'll be an america-spain relationship as i plan to go to america for 3 months.

so its not that far away really especially compared to some but its still difficult as i cant just hope on a bus to see him anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I'm very glad you both had good weekends too! Now let's get excited for the next ones
    I had a great weekend with my boy. I arrived Friday evening and we went to the supermarket to get some grub, and got all domesticated trying to work out the cheapest loo roll! He voluntarily watched Dirty Dancing, then on Saturday it pissed it down so he built a table (he's just moved into a flat) whilst I watched Heroes over his head. Sunday we went to the park. Lots of snuggles and now I miss him so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Joanna*)
    I had a great weekend with my boy. I arrived Friday evening and we went to the supermarket to get some grub, and got all domesticated trying to work out the cheapest loo roll! He voluntarily watched Dirty Dancing, then on Saturday it pissed it down so he built a table (he's just moved into a flat) whilst I watched Heroes over his head. Sunday we went to the park. Lots of snuggles and now I miss him so much.
    Oh I know how you feel. I spent the whole weekend hugging my boyfriend and holding him so close to me.
    My bed feels so empty and cold now I'm back and he's away from me. But I've got our next meeting to look forward to. And I need to be strong for him
    I can't even put into words how special the weekend was :love:

Ah, I'm glad you had a lovely weekend too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Yeah i know the feeling the boy is busy with his gap year and im busy working/seeing friends/ trying to find a new job. im finding keeping busy helps.

my bf went away to spain last monday for a year, so hes about 4hrs away by plane plus an hour and a half train journey. its only been a week and im coping well should be seeing him next month for a day or so and then hopefully for longer in december after that not sure when im seeing him next. just taking it how it goes however if things go as planned from may it'll be an america-spain relationship as i plan to go to america for 3 months.

so its not that far away really especially compared to some but its still difficult as i cant just hope on a bus to see him anymore.
    Wow! That's amazing
    I find that keeping busy helps too... do you talk a lot?
    How long have you been together?

Also, out of interest, are you going to America to work? I'd like to do that before I start Uni next Sept!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.