Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so whats everyone upto this weekend? i myself shall be working, fun fun fun

ReputationRep:
    I am seeing my wonderful bf on sunday going to york to see him i am counting down the hours and minutes til i am bk in his arms!

ReputationRep:
    aw, i was meant to be seeing mine tonight and now his parents have said they dont think we should see each other, like its any of their ******* business

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determination.)
    aw, i was meant to be seeing mine tonight and now his parents have said they dont think we should see each other, like its any of their ******* business
    er, what?
    why have they even said that?

that's really **** :|

ReputationRep:
    so whats everyone upto this weekend? i myself shall be working, fun fun fun
    This isn't a chat thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmilerNuts)
    This isn't a chat thread.
    Already been said and (semi-)ignored Steve

ReputationRep:
    You know what i'm getting pissed off with smilernuts, i'm just asking a simple question it is related to LDR's some people might be seeing their partners some might be enjoying a girly night out who knows. and yes his parents are pathetic so know i am at home rather pissed off and we are arguing.

ReputationRep:
    If people want advice, they ask here. If people want to chat, they post in the chat thread. It's not a terribly hard concept to master.

ReputationRep:
    u no wot im getting pissed off with smilernuts, im just asking a simple question it is related to LDR's some people might be seeing their partners some might be enjoying a girly night out who knows. and yes his parents are pathetic so know i am at home rather pissed off and wea re arguing.
    Smilernuts isn't having a go at you Leanne, he's just trying to explain the thread used to be like this and we got told off by the mods and were told that if we chat in H & R then we'll get points for "spamming" hence the chat thread in Society Chat and this Advice Thread, for people new to LDRs asking for advice. No-one is trying to stop you from posting, we're just trying to stop you (and others) from being warned for spamming. Sorry about your boyfriend's parents.

ReputationRep:
    Determination - what smilernuts said is true. I understand that you're rather frustrated tonight because you can't see your guy and you're arguing, but maybe try and chat in the chat thread and keep this one for advice, then you won't aggravate anyone, and then also you won't be starting arguments with the people who have been in LDRs much longer than you and are trying to give you advice?

Yes your question can be seen to be related to LDRs, but its chatty, it's not providing or asking for advice, therefore belongs in the chat thread.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ive been coming home every weekend to see my girlfriend cause its only £6 return on the train to get back since i started uni 2 weeks ago.

At the weekend we were fine and she came and said goodbye at the station as usual etc. By the next day i got a text saying "I cant handle this". She came round yesterday when i got home and told me that she loved me too much for the LDR to work, becuase she was missing me too much. She also felt unfair on me missing my uni life because i was at home 4 out of the 7 days and shes finished it yesterday.

To say im gutted is an understatment, I thought it was working fine and it would continue to do so, because i was only not seeing her 3 nights a week. She said she needs someone physically there with her as a phone call is not enough.

Any advice? We parted on really good terms and have spoke since, shes been a bit harsh though, although very insignificant after one night she changed all Facebook and Myspace status' and top friends and deleted all the pictures of us two. It seems as if she is physically deleting me out of her life now.
    Just an update with this if anyones interested lol! Her best friend told me the real reasons today... she had been hanging out with another lad whilst i was away which turned into them fancying each other. In the end she felt bad and dumped me because of it saying she fell out of love. She was ready to dump me 2 weeks before i went to uni because she didnt want to do long distance. She didnt tell me this and instead told her friend "ill stay with him for a bit cause he will get me into clubs (shes only 17) and he will pay for a few nights out". She dosent know that i know all this and she thinks i still believe her first "loves me too much" excuse. We are still talking on msn and things, should I forgive and forget or tell her that i know the real reasons and not speak again. Im so confused!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just an update with this if anyones interested lol! Her best friend told me the real reasons today... she had been hanging out with another lad whilst i was away which turned into them fancying each other. In the end she felt bad and dumped me because of it saying she fell out of love. She was ready to dump me 2 weeks before i went to uni because she didnt want to do long distance. She didnt tell me this and instead told her friend "ill stay with him for a bit cause he will get me into clubs (shes only 17) and he will pay for a few nights out". She dosent know that i know all this and she thinks i still believe her first "loves me too much" excuse. We are still talking on msn and things, should I forgive and forget or tell her that i know the real reasons and not speak again. Im so confused!
    she apparently:
    - fancies another guy and has spent a lot of time with him,
    - is using you to pay for her and take her out!
    - has lied to you (atleast once) about the real reasons
    - has already broken up with you and deleted all pictures (which mean a lot to you)

i don't think she's worth fighting for, in my opinion. sorry x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :)x)
    she apparently:
    - fancies another guy and has spent a lot of time with him,
    - is using you to pay for her and take her out!
    - has lied to you (atleast once) about the real reasons
    - has already broken up with you and deleted all pictures (which mean a lot to you)

i don't think she's worth fighting for, in my opinion. sorry x
    :ditto: shes a ***** quite frankly and you can do better. delete her msn and phone number, dont contact her again and try and move on. you deserve better.

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread. Whenever I log into TSR I always just have a read through to make me feel better that other people are going through the same as me.

My boyfriend has been in Australia for 2 weeks, and will be til March. He's asked me to go out and visit him in January for a month, which I am doing. We talk every single day, text constantly and he does lovely things like call me at 4am just to tell me he loves me, or texts me really nice messages.

But I still can't stop being jealous, and worried that he is going to cheat on me, or decide after not seeing me for so long that he isn't that bothered about me really, and break up with me.

I hate the fact I'm like it, because it just isn't me. How can I get out of it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_Rogers)
    or decide after not seeing me for so long that he isn't that bothered about me really, and break up with me.

That is what i am afraid of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ginger_Rogers)
    I love this thread. Whenever I log into TSR I always just have a read through to make me feel better that other people are going through the same as me.

My boyfriend has been in Australia for 2 weeks, and will be til March. He's asked me to go out and visit him in January for a month, which I am doing. We talk every single day, text constantly and he does lovely things like call me at 4am just to tell me he loves me, or texts me really nice messages.

But I still can't stop being jealous, and worried that he is going to cheat on me, or decide after not seeing me for so long that he isn't that bothered about me really, and break up with me.

I hate the fact I'm like it, because it just isn't me. How can I get out of it?!
    My girl is in Australia and she too calls me 3/4am every now and then too cause she say she wants to hear my voice and misses me!

Anyway jealousy is part of ldr and i know how does it feel but looking he still bother calling you just to say he loves you and send you really really nice text messages prove you mean a lot to him!Have a little more faith in your bf,from the way he treats you I can see he is a nice guy.:yep:

and you will be seeing him pretty soon already,just hang on there!I won't be seeing my girl for a year(the next time I see her will be July),and our relationship is still going strong,I believe you can do it too!

all the best!

ReputationRep:
    After a pretty brutal ldr last year which ended quite badly, I swore I'd never get involved with something like that again. But after just a few months of being single (which I loved) I've met a guy I really get on with, and he's just gone to uni 200 miles away! Urgh. Here we go again...

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by brutal?

ReputationRep:
    Keep the faith! This LDR could be smooth and he could be "the one". Can't hurt to give it a try

Please keep anon

I've been in a long distance relationship for 2 years but we've always had our ups and downs. Within this time we've broken up a few times but always realised how stupid we were being cos we really do love each other. However, last week he broke up with me cos my jealousy was getting out of hand. Because he's so far away I can't help but get jealous of all his friends who are girls. It doesn't help that the majority of his friends are female. In particular there is this one girl who I know fancies him and cos they're on the same course they spend a lot of time together.

Anyway, back tracking a bit, we both ended up at our home town last weekend and met each other. It was obvious that we both wanted to be together both emotionally and physically so we've kind of got back together though things aren't totally settled. I'm worried that I'm just not going to be able to control my jealousy, especially over the girl who fancies him. Knowing that they spend time together alone in his room really bothers me and the fact that she leaves so many messages on his facebook. I know it sounds really silly and pathetic but it just really upsets me.

I don't know whether to just let him go. I'm sure he'll get over me a lot quicker than I'd get over him. Any advice is greatly appreciated

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.