Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im feeling happy about seeing him tomorrow, but hes still not here right now is he.

ReputationRep:
    i have a problem okay i find it a lot harder than most when i dont see him for a few days i cant change it. i wish i didnt feel this way beleive me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determination.)
    im seeing my boyfriend tomorrow, cant wait. But im feeling pretty low tonight any advice on how to cheer myself up? i probabaly wont sleep either =[
    I understand
    I feel like that sometimes.
    I get sad like the day before I'm guna see him cos it seems to go sooo slow, then I think about how we'll just have to leave each other again
    Don't really have much advice, sorry.
    Just nice to know someone else feels the same I guess

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes get like that right before I see my boyfriend. The time seems to go by far too slowly. I just try an distract myself. Like, I'll usually leave lots of things to do the evening before so I'm kept busy and not thinking too much about it. You'll be with him soon. Think of the things you're going to do together and that it's gonna be really nice to see him again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Hi everyone; Im back. I was just looking for some advice basically..

The thing is, as you know, ive recently gone into a LDR. and I hate it, I never thought it would be this bad, ive tried everything, thinking positive..seeing friends. But once he's gone..and it's been about 2 days then Im fine and don't cry. but it's the first few days, im a mess, a terrible mess. I don't know why to be honest because I see him atleast 2 weekends out the month.

I dispise the fact that he has this new life without me..that im not a part of it and after seeing where he lives etc this week (the first time i visited since he went)..and it made me realise that im not a part of his life anymore..well in some respects I am, but not in the main part of it. He's still very loving towards me, and very loyal but im finding this harder than him. He's looking on the basis that when uni's done we'll both have a better life together than we would if we didn't go to uni.. etc.

But, how do I cope? because this is making me so ill. Im always feeling sick, hardly eat... It's horrible.

I don't know how to describe really and truly how I feel because words cannot describe it. I know you all say eat ice-cream.. hang with friends. but it doesn't work. I need to know how to cope emotionally..and stop crying everytime he goes.
    I think you are still a big part of his life if he's willing to be in this LDR. Sometimes I feel the same, (I visited my bf for the first time this week too!) but my bf tells me everything he's up to and the people he's meeting and I find it helps. Do you think maybe you need reassurance that you are still a very important part of his life? Maybe just talk to him about how difficult your finding it.

I cry every time I have to say goodbye too, I don't think that will ever change. But it always gets better after a few days, and it will for you too xxx

ReputationRep:
    Everytime I get a phonecall or text I always get really excited thinking it's him..
    & sad when I realise it's not
    but a big grin when it it
    Random...

ReputationRep:
    lol im glad you feel the same "supergirl" how often do you see him?

ReputationRep:
    Well at first it was every two weeks but atm it's turned into every week..
    Cos its not too far really, & we're both free weekends
    I feel a bit bad that I still really miss him so much when other people hardly ever see there boyfriends.. But seen as we can & it makes us happy seeing each other I don't see why not!
    The main thing is just the shock from seeing him every day for so long then going to this

How often do you see yours?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by whostosay)
    I think you are still a big part of his life if he's willing to be in this LDR. Sometimes I feel the same, (I visited my bf for the first time this week too!) but my bf tells me everything he's up to and the people he's meeting and I find it helps. Do you think maybe you need reassurance that you are still a very important part of his life? Maybe just talk to him about how difficult your finding it.

I cry every time I have to say goodbye too, I don't think that will ever change. But it always gets better after a few days, and it will for you too xxx
    Hey; thanks. Yeah that's all I want, reassurance from him that he still loves me the way he used to because he only gives it me when im with him.. not over the phone etc. He says he cannot express him-self like that.

I don't know. This guy is a huge part in my life..due to things that he's helped me overcome etc..

Thanks for your help; I just wish I wouldn't feel so **** for the first few days. I don't know, I feel worse now because Im not going to see him for a while.

ReputationRep:
    ok i hate being in an ldr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :)x)
    What's up?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ugh.. Me too! I used to come on here when I wasnt in a LDR and just smile because I wasn't in one.. Then we went into one and now I feel like **** and hate everyone who isn't in one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Hey; thanks. Yeah that's all I want, reassurance from him that he still loves me the way he used to because he only gives it me when im with him.. not over the phone etc. He says he cannot express him-self like that.

I don't know. This guy is a huge part in my life..due to things that he's helped me overcome etc..

Thanks for your help; I just wish I wouldn't feel so **** for the first few days. I don't know, I feel worse now because Im not going to see him for a while.
    Hey thanks for the rep i have never recieved one of those before (still don't quiteee know how it all works on here lol)

I know exactly, I always need the reassurance that my bf still needs me and wants me, everytime my bf says anything sweet, he hits me (gently, not seriously!) make himself still a "man" lol! But seriously, the best way to express feelings and stuff is through letters. Even I find it hard to say how I feel over the phone etc cos I hate exposing myself and feeling vulnerable, but pouring my heart out into a letter is somehow okay. My bf writes me every week or so, and he tells me things he wouldn't be able to saying aloud.

When are you next going to see him? I'm seeing mine next week, he's coming down for his birthday, but after that its Christmas.. even then only for a day because I'm going away

Ahh LDRs do truly suck. But in the end I guess you just have to know it is worth it!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supergirl[=)
    What's up?
    it's awful but...
    i can't stand him having such a great time away from me. i've only just realised how little i am in his life. he has SO MUCH to do, with so many people. he's such a big part of my life, but i don't think it's like that for him.

i have so many doubts that have just grown, and even though we're both very happy, i'm still finding it do hard.

i need reassurance. EVERY DAY. which is absolutely stupid, and i hate myself for it...

he's understanding, but arghhhhhh, i must be a nightmare.

(this rant has just arisen after seeing about 30 new pics on his facebook of various nights out, hugging all of these gorgeous girls, and looking drunk)

i think if he had never got those numbers on the first night, i'd be fine...

ReputationRep:
    it's awful but...
    i can't stand him having such a great time away from me. i've only just realised how little i am in his life. he has SO MUCH to do, with so many people. he's such a big part of my life, but i don't think it's like that for him.

i have so many doubts that have just grown, and even though we're both very happy, i'm still finding it do hard.

i need reassurance. EVERY DAY. which is absolutely stupid, and i hate myself for it...

he's understanding, but arghhhhhh, i must be a nightmare.

(this rant has just arisen after seeing about 30 new pics on his facebook of various nights out, hugging all of these gorgeous girls, and looking drunk)

i think if he had never got those numbers on the first night, i'd be fine...
    I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL.

My boy's sensitive and does try to not be to touchy-feeling huggy with other girls, but he's one of those really sociable, likeable guys... I wish I dating a hermit -_-" Then I would worry less. I went to visit him over the weekend, and there is this gooorgeous girl on his floor (who he admitted was v pretty.. the *******), and annoyingly nice... I hate her.

I do trust him and love him with all my heart, but its rubbish him being at uni meeting these amazing people and I'm stuck here doing sixth form.. Rawrr.

They should really give out ice cream on here.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks for the rep i have never recieved one of those before (still don't quiteee know how it all works on here lol)

I know exactly, I always need the reassurance that my bf still needs me and wants me, everytime my bf says anything sweet, he hits me (gently, not seriously!) make himself still a "man" lol! But seriously, the best way to express feelings and stuff is through letters. Even I find it hard to say how I feel over the phone etc cos I hate exposing myself and feeling vulnerable, but pouring my heart out into a letter is somehow okay. My bf writes me every week or so, and he tells me things he wouldn't be able to saying aloud.

When are you next going to see him? I'm seeing mine next week, he's coming down for his birthday, but after that its Christmas.. even then only for a day because I'm going away

Ahh LDRs do truly suck. But in the end I guess you just have to know it is worth it!

xxx
    I agree with this, i have trouble making myself vulnerable (or so i feel) and telling my bf exactly what im thinking/feeling so i write him emails. it really helps and its always a nice surprise to get an email or if you're doing it the old fashioned way a letter in the post... tis a lovely surprise.

i will agree LDRs sucketh a lot but im holding onto the fact that it will be worth it in the end and the pain/hurt im feeling now isnt in vain. doesnt make the fact im not seeing him till christmas any easier though.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

xxx
    Hehe, that's ok!

Aww, your boyfriend sounds sweet! Mine says he doesn't write letters because he finds it hard to express. Ive had one of him that made me cry whilst I read it.

How far away are you from your bf? Mines just moved to London and im in Lincolnshire so were about 4 hours from each other which sucks. I hate it, we were usually so close and spent all our time together so now im really finding this really hard.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone can I join? I'm on a year abroad atm so my boyfriend is in another country

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angrybanana)
    Hi everyone can I join? I'm on a year abroad atm so my boyfriend is in another country
    Of course you can. Talk here, or head over the society chat, (it's in someone's sig here).

Welcome and :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I had my boyfriend visit last weekend, and in three weeks I'm going back to England to see him but I still miss him, especially as he's also my best friend so it's like having both taken away.

It's good to see how everyone else is dealing with their LDRs.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.