Turn on thread page Beta

The Long Distance Relationship Society Advice Centre watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by :)x)
    last night my guy said the first two weeks into us being 'LDR' were a shambles, and not a lot has improved since then.

he phoned me at 2 o clock in the morn to say that...

Oh no
    Did you think they were a shambles too? If so, then at least you both agree and you can try to work on it together.. :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Oh no
    Did you think they were a shambles too? If so, then at least you both agree and you can try to work on it together.. :console:
    Well, it's obviously been hard, as it has for everyone. But after the first two weeks, it was rocky but nothing like the first two weeks.

It hurt me that he'd thought that, as we've had LITERALLY the best weekends together...

I've been a penis a lot of the time, because, I get angry at stupid UNI things. Such as, him going out a lot, drinking, seeing all of his new brilliant friends. It's wrong but something I have attempted but cannot control.

I hope it all works out.
    Soooooooooooooo looking forward to December 12th

ReputationRep:
    Aww sweetie. Well, maybe have a chat with him and ask him what 's upset him. OR, leave it for the moment because you don't want to appear to nag him.
    Hmmm... that wasn't very helpful of me, was it?!

Just keep looking forward to the 12th, and maybe make some fun plans with him for stuff you'll do together, so that you can be sure that he's looking forward to it too.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    We all seem to be having a tough time atm! Things aren't so good for me too.

Good Luck with everything everyone. Im sorry to hear your news Scarletface, can't help but thinking mines heading the same way.

Guys huh

ReputationRep:
    We've been going out for 1 year 2 months. He's now at uni. I just found out he's been cheating on me for the past 3 months and lying and going behind my back while telling me all he wanted was me.

I don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cath0123)
    We've been going out for 1 year 2 months. He's now at uni. I just found out he's been cheating on me for the past 3 months and lying and going behind my back while telling me all he wanted was me.

I don't know what to do.
    If you've not done it already, get well rid.

After that, there's not much you can do except realise he's a scum bag and move on :hugs:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

I don't know what to do.
    Men! *hugs* hope your ok!
    Your better off without him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Men! *hugs* hope your ok!
    Your better off without him!
    :ditto: this!

:hugs: get rid! you're far better off without someone like that!

Good Luck with everything everyone. Im sorry to hear your news Scarletface, can't help but thinking mines heading the same way.

Guys huh
    Heh, mine is going swimmingly! :woo:

What's wrong in yours?

ReputationRep:

Guys huh
    Thanks :jumphug: hopefully yours wont end up the same way. I wish it had turned out differently, I really mean that. But hey as they say, que sera sera.

ReputationRep:
    i say screw men let's all become lesbians

ReputationRep:
    we're not all bad. i'm sorry to hear of your woes. it makes me sad it'll be all gravy soon. just smile

what kind of fish makes a pirate laugh?
    a clown fish...

He's going to break up with me, I can just feel it. Last time he told me he was frustrated he could never be there for me he broke up with me. Argh, this is something I've found frustrating about being in an LDR. It doesn't matter whether or not I love my partner enough to stick it out with him for as long as possible, it's whether he's strong enough to stay in this relationship.

And then I get all bitter and think, if he's apprehensive and feels we need to break it off he's probably lying when he tells me he loves me. Ugh. I need to sleep :no:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Heh, mine is going swimmingly! :woo:

What's wrong in yours?
    Ahh, just the boy thinking he's so good just because he's at uni, and he takes his moods out on me just because im the only one who calls him etc.

Ahh well, he's coming home tonight and he's been nice since last night, so no complaints at the moment.

Congrats on yours going swimmingly :d
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i say screw men let's all become lesbians
    Oo, trust me ive considered that, but me and my sister came to the conclusion women are more annoying than men!
    So..men it stays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharpesparkle)
    Aww sweetie. Well, maybe have a chat with him and ask him what 's upset him. OR, leave it for the moment because you don't want to appear to nag him.
    Hmmm... that wasn't very helpful of me, was it?!

Just keep looking forward to the 12th, and maybe make some fun plans with him for stuff you'll do together, so that you can be sure that he's looking forward to it too.
    thanks hun x

Im 18 and im currently in the RAF. My girlfriend is 17 and is currentlly a student. We've been together nearly a year, and shes now going through the process of choosing her university. She's trying to choose one as close to home as possible, which i'm happy with, but lately im becoming more and more worried about the distance thats going to be between us when the government decides to throw me somewhere else in the country.

Do long distance relationships work?

ReputationRep:
    yes if u like her too much.it totlly depends on u.

I've got to know someone pretty well over the past couple of years, and we've just realized that we really like each other. The main problem is that we live at opposite ends of the country, and she doesn't want to be in another LDR, last one was bad for her. She's said that it really is upsetting her because she really likes me, and I feel upset for her, and upset for myself as well, because I like her a lot and would like to be able to be in a repationship with her.

Moving closer together is just not feasible, neither of us have meaningful jobs and therefore no money...

What should I say to her? Should we try to have a relationship?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    "She's said that it really is upsetting her because she really likes me". Translating that from girl-speak to man-speak, that means she doesn't want a relationship. If she did, she would. Of course there's the small chance she was being genuine, but even then you've explained there's no real solution. Either way, looks like it's going to end where it is.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.