Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **CutiePie**)
    Oh cool! - What sort etc?
    Yeah I ride, we've got horses =]

hehe, me too! I always run upto and jump on him and he grabs me and spins me round =] It's like out of a romantic movie:rolleyes: .
    Oh no, that sucks.. Oo, loughborough is near where I'm going and near where I used to live!! =]
    Where do you live?
    Awww your right - its does sound like something out of a movie! SO romantic! I live in surrey - near guildford and reading (you may be with). When hes not at loughborough uni he lives in gloucester. What about your boyfriend?

What horses have you got allso? xxx

ReputationRep:
    im actually seeing him tomorrow afternoon so im looking forward to that but its still hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Determination.)
    im actually seeing him tomorrow afternoon so im looking forward to that but its still hard.
    I didn't think you were in a long distance relationship?

ReputationRep:
    we cant see each other whenever we want, sometimes i dont know when im going to see him and when im not its a difficult situation. but i still miss him like all you guys do your guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    He needs to change his password then...
    I know
    Its not good
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Emmy_Rose)
    Awww your right - its does sound like something out of a movie! SO romantic! I live in surrey - near guildford and reading (you may be with). When hes not at loughborough uni he lives in gloucester. What about your boyfriend?

What horses have you got allso? xxx
    Hehe, I like soppy stuff =]
    Oo, my boyfriends dad lives in Guildford so he's there quite alot, our boyfriends have liked swapped, mines closer to you and yours is closer to me! Lol
    Mine goes to London met and lives in Lincolnshire when he's not at uni!

Ive got a little shetland, a 12.2hh, 14hh, 14.2hh, 15hh and a 15.3hh.
    They're all crackers! Wouldnt swap them for the world though
    We live on a livery yard =]

ReputationRep:
    We split up. Because of the distance and not getting to see each other, and being busy and things only getting worse and harder.

And it's Christmas hols in 2 weeks.
    And it's effing ****.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BlueRoses)
    We split up. Because of the distance and not getting to see each other, and being busy and things only getting worse and harder.

And it's effing ****.
    Oh no, im so sorry. Keep strong!

ReputationRep:

And it's effing ****.
    Sorry to hear that. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

And it's effing ****.
    That really sucks. :hugs:

ReputationRep:

And it's effing ****.
    :hugs: that really sucks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: the above comments.

ReputationRep:
    I just went and book my flight ticket to Melbourne in March!Guess I won't have to wait til July to see my girl again.So so so excited about! But its gonna be a long long long way to Melbourne.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by accident)
    I just went and book my flight ticket to Melbourne in March!
    I booked my ticket to Melbourne today too! I'm going out at the end of January to see my boyfriend- really can't wait. I agree about the long flight though which I'm not looking forward to. I'm going Edinburgh-London-Bangkok-Sydney-Melbourne which sounds awful. Still the thought that I finally get to see him again will make it bearable. It means our 6.5 month separation has been cut down to 4 which is sooo much better. I'm so happy today!!! :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djk_99)
    I spoke to him this morning and we are now 'on a break' (oh how very ross and rachel!). Though we both said that we won't see anyone else, and that we still love each other, so I'm not really sure what's changed tbh! Think we're going to give each other some space for a couple of weeks and then talk again, I think the pressure of having to try to stay in touch despite hectic work schedules and time differences was getting to us both. Hoping we'll get back together, and I'm sure if we both do love each other then we will. I'm not terribly upset at the moment though, which is a bit bad!

The distance is just temporary, I'm moving back to the UK in January, so just under 2 months to go! I was planning on going to spend 10 days with him in Cardiff at the end of January before moving to Bristol, but not sure if thats going to happen now.
    I definitely get where your coming from, me & michael decided distance wasn't working after about 3 weeks (and some other issues in there too) but we both sort of said we'd tell each other if anything happened with anyone else but we both agreed we didn't want anyone else, but about a month ago, I guess we sort of agreed that we may as well just get back together so to speak, as we both wanted each other, nothing had changed, juts the whole 'status' which i'm happy with. it's not bad that you weren't terribly upset, did you sort of see it coming? I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be, and i'm definitely a lot lot better now i've sort of understood i'm not going to see him for at least another 8 months.

Oh wow, your moving back in January! that's not far away at all!! I hope everything works out for you for the best!! xxx

ReputationRep:
    wow, 8 months! We've only been apart for 4 months (with him over here for 3 weeks a month ago), and thats been so ridiculously hard.
    We have spoken again since- we're kind of together and kind of not- it's all a bit confusing. He is really busy at work, but my hours have been cut, so I'm spending more time moping about the house now. I go through waves of being ok, then being really really upset (today is a bad day!). I've been trying to contact him as little as possible, but its really hard for me, cos I don't have a lot else to do! Need to find myself some good distractions.
    I'm hoping that we can just ride it out til Jan now, but the 'being together but not being together and not really talking thing' is killing me. Not sure if I'm clinging onto something which isn't there anymore. Shrug.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gogo)
    I booked my ticket to Melbourne today too! I'm going out at the end of January to see my boyfriend- really can't wait. I agree about the long flight though which I'm not looking forward to. I'm going Edinburgh-London-Bangkok-Sydney-Melbourne which sounds awful. Still the thought that I finally get to see him again will make it bearable. It means our 6.5 month separation has been cut down to 4 which is sooo much better. I'm so happy today!!! :woo: :woo:
    I feel your joy!Grats much! How much is your flight ticket?I will have to take a coach down London myself and London-Seoul-Melbourne for 750quid!My 1year separation with my girl cut down to 8months! Going there will be really fun and exciting but the coming back journey gonna hurt so much I know How long will you be in Melbourne with your boyfriend anyway?I will bet there only a week.how sad

ReputationRep:
    my boyfriend is at university 4 hours away & i miss him loads. any advice?
    2 years together this month (L)
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Send emails; use MSN/Skype; text if possible; don't be clingy or paranoid; have your own life (don't spend all your time sitting around for him to be in contact) - so that you have lots to tell him at the end of each day if nothing else!; try to communicate in some form EVERY day, even if it's only to say goodnight or tell each other what you've had for tea; don't keep secrets from each other; try to plan visits in advance so that you always have something to look forward to.
    This should all help to combat the missing each other (well, a bit :p: ).
    You could also wear a perfume he has bought you (get him to buy you one if he hasn't already, hehe :p: ) to make you feel better, or have some of his aftershave on a T-shirt, pillow or soft toy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelil)
    Send emails; use MSN/Skype; text if possible; don't be clingy or paranoid; have your own life (don't spend all your time sitting around for him to be in contact) - so that you have lots to tell him at the end of each day if nothing else!; try to communicate in some form EVERY day, even if it's only to say goodnight or tell each other what you've had for tea; don't keep secrets from each other; try to plan visits in advance so that you always have something to look forward to.
    This should all help to combat the missing each other (well, a bit :p: ).
    You could also wear a perfume he has bought you (get him to buy you one if he hasn't already, hehe :p: ) to make you feel better, or have some of his aftershave on a T-shirt, pillow or soft toy.

This advice is so good
    I'm missing my boyfriend like crazy at the moment and cannot wait for him to come home.
    I miss just being able to look him in the eyes and tell him I love him. Oh and of course falling asleep next to him.
    I do think its important to keep busy but my friends aren't being so good at the moment and I'm finding it difficult to go out at the weekends with them :/ Pfft!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.