The Student Room Group

Who is voting for which party tomorrow?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by idontkn
You may be able to afford paying for healthcare and going to private GP clinics who probably just use you for money and run tests rather than give an honest opinion, but not everyone can afford to do that. Not everyone earns thousands per year from working, and some people may not be able to work and be declared LCWRA/LCW. What do those people who are declared LCWRA do when it comes to healthcare and going to the GP? Rely on other people?

That's a part of why the NHS will not be privatised by the next government.
I pay all my bills on credit cards or from my monthly income.
While I live off less than £30 a week.
Original post by the bear
i wouldn't trust Corbin to open my Weetabix.

i shall be voting Conservative.

Enjoy private health care and chlorinated chicken.
Conservatives. All the schoolchildren rooting for labour here jeez...
Original post by acelenny
Conservatives.

End of the UK. Scotland and NI exit.
Reply 24
Original post by hassassin04

You can only vote from 18 onwards and 18 year olds aren’t at school, they are either at sixth form/apprenticeship/job centre or uni.
Reply 25
💯🌹Vote labour 🌹💯
the tories had 9 years to fund for the NHS and make significant changes. But they haven't, they cannot be trusted.

Boris Johnson cannot look at a young boys photo, who has no hospital bed so what makea you think he can run a country?
So vote labour - for a better funded NHS, free childcare, proper social care for the elderly, no more tuition fees AND there is soo much more.

🌹Please vote LABOUR 🌹

ok boomer

It doesn't matter if they're school children, what matters is that they have the right to vote :wink: and that right doesn't discriminate on someone's age when they're +18
Reply 28
i wouldn't trust corbin to open my weetabix.

I shall be voting conservative.

Code Red - TORY SPOTTED!
Free university, free this free that. Do you guys realise that nothing is free? Someone gotta pay for it. And don't tell me it will be the "greedy and rich corporations" so that you tax them a bit more and everything else remains the same with just more money to spend on goodies.
labour
i wouldn't trust Corbin to open my Weetabix.

i shall be voting Conservative.

great reasoning.
Free university, free this free that. Do you guys realise that nothing is free? Someone gotta pay for it. And don't tell me it will be the "greedy and rich corporations" so that you tax them a bit more and everything else remains the same with just more money to spend on goodies.

Not everyone is voting for those reasons. If I was voting it would be for the NHS and to tax the rich. Im not bothered about the free stuff. Also, it's the lesser of the evils.

Have you spoken to labour supporters in real life?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by acelenny
Conservatives.

for what reason
I'll vote conservative. Don't trust Corbin. The numbers don't add up. Labour started privatisation in the NHS. We need a Tory majority, get Brexit done and then get on with running the country.
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Not everyone is voting for those reasons. If I was voting it would be for the NHS and to tax the rich. Im not bothered about the free stuff. Also, it's the lesser of the evils.

I second this.

A stronger supporting of public services and funding in schools.
Original post by idontkn
Title

Conservative
Conservative. Least worst option, in my opinion.
Original post by ZombieTheWolf

I am sure everyone is up for better NHS BUT where will the money come from? Why do you think you are entitled to somebody else's money? I.e. by imposing even higher taxes on them. Do you know that the 1% already pay more than a third of income taxes?
I am sure everyone is up for better NHS BUT where will the money come from? Why do you think you are entitled to somebody else's money? I.e. by imposing even higher taxes on them. Do you know that the 1% already pay more than a third of all taxes?

Someone who earns 80,000 annually will only pay 80 pounds more a month. There have been several people who earn similar amounts and have voiced that they would be happy to pay even more in taxes if it goes towards things like the NHS and education. Not everyone who votes for Labour earns below 80,000. I'm sure some voters want to pay more in taxes if again, it contributes to the right stuff.

I'm not sure why you're giving the "Why do you think you're entitled to someone's money" argument. Are you implying we shouldn't have taxes then? All they want is to simply raise them.

Also many rich, and I mean filthy rich, people love tax evasion. Ever heard of tax havens?

Did you know Apple only paid 0.0005% tax globally? Also Starbucks paid only 2.8% in taxes in 2017 I believe or 2018 when corporate tax is at 19%. .
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending