ffffffffffffff
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am taking BSC Psychology at KCL, but I am realising now I do not really want to go into psychology. Can I become an accountant if I continue with this degree? If so, what would be the easiest/most sensible path? Thanks.
MsNessa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ffffffffffffff)
I am taking BSC Psychology at KCL, but I am realising now I do not really want to go into psychology. Can I become an accountant if I continue with this degree? If so, what would be the easiest/
If you don’t want to go into sociology don’t spend 27k of tuition fees and three years of your precious time that you will never get back studying it. If it’s not too late why don’t you look into studying a bachelors in accounting and finance? Some universities offer them with placement years. My friend, whilst studying accounting and finance was able to find a placement with a good accounting firm. After completing her studies they granted her a graduate job and are currently covering her fees in completing her ACCA which you will also need to complete if you want to be an accountant
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am taking BSC Psychology at KCL, but I am realising now I do not really want to go into psychology. Can I become an accountant if I continue with this degree? If so, what would be the easiest/most sensible path? Thanks.
Which year of your degree are you in? Which A levels did you take (plus I'd assume you got great grades if you got into KCL?)
ffffffffffffff
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ajj2000)
Which year of your degree are you in? Which A levels did you take (plus I'd assume you got great grades if you got into KCL?)
I am in my first year, I got two A*s in Biology and Psychology, and an A in Maths. Sorry for the slow reply
Catherine1973
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can apply for big 4 firms as a chartered accountant with any degree. You just skip some initial exams if you have done an accounting degree.
Maybe look if you can add more business like modules to your degree?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in my first year, I got two A*s in Biology and Psychology, and an A in Maths. Sorry for the slow reply
That’s great - loads of companies and accounting firms would love to hear from you.
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
To respond to your original question - yes you can become an accountant if you continue with the psychology degree. The most sensible path would be to use some of your time at university to investigate different career paths. Its worth visiting your careers office regularly. There are likely to be lots of sessions arranged with employers which you can attend to learn more. I'd also suggest finding anyone you can who works in accountancy and spending an hour or so talking with them to get an idea of how careers work, the different paths, how graduate recruitment works and which skills you should develop and demonstrate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.38%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.9%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.03%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
37.93%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (29)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.72%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.03%

Watched Threads