Not motivated for university

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am currently at my 3rd year of university and it has come to my realisation that I am not motivated to study. Tbh there are freshers who study more than I do. Ever since I finished my A Levels I no longer studied as much as I had before, or at least been motivated as much. I was thinking about doing a Masters before but tbh I don't think I can do another year of what I have been doing at university. I even have a dissertation to do which I have hardly read up on. I guess I wanted to know if there are or were anyone else in the same boat as me and what they recommend I do about it.
LtAlex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am currently at my 3rd year of university and it has come to my realisation that I am not motivated to study. Tbh there are freshers who study more than I do. Ever since I finished my A Levels I no longer studied as much as I had before, or at least been motivated as much. I was thinking about doing a Masters before but tbh I don't think I can do another year of what I have been doing at university. I even have a dissertation to do which I have hardly read up on. I guess I wanted to know if there are or were anyone else in the same boat as me and what they recommend I do about it.
I feel exactly the same. I'm at that point where I want to give up.
I suggest going to talk to a councillor or your personal tutor about the problems that youre having with motivation. They might give you some good tips on how to stay motivated. What course are you studying?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LtAlex)
I feel exactly the same. I'm at that point where I want to give up.
I suggest going to talk to a councillor or your personal tutor about the problems that youre having with motivation. They might give you some good tips on how to stay motivated. What course are you studying?
I'm doing History and Politics
LtAlex
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'm doing History and Politics
Like I said, you should contact your personal tutor to see what they can help you with.
Anonymous #1
Like I said, you should contact your personal tutor to see what they can help you with.
I'll see when I get back to uni in Jan, hopefully my motiviation will go up this Winter break
LtAlex
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I'll see when I get back to uni in Jan, hopefully my motiviation will go up this Winter break
Yes, I hope you do Just enjoy the Christmas holiday and relax.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 months ago
I also revised soooo much at GCSE...now i do A-levels and just can't....idk why thou.....just not motivated enough
Anonymous #1
Yes, I hope you do Just enjoy the Christmas holiday and relax.
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (215)
52.18%
No, they should still go ahead (58)
14.08%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (139)
33.74%

Watched Threads