Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    one extra sugar, one less flour and one more milk

ReputationRep:
    Heh, I was thinking about this on the way home in the car, why not stack in, very carefully, a couple of Rolos? Then there would be gooey caramelly centre!!

ReputationRep:
    oh & mine wouldn't come out of the bloody mug.. had to spoon it out.

Then took longer to wash it, than actually making it.

But it was fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freud)
    How did it taste?!

Didn't taste too bad actually, i used some crappy highlights hot chocolate so cocoa would of been better. I announced to everyone it was a revelation of the future, but then got told someone's mum makes her cakes like that :mad: biatch.

BUT i do now feel about 80 stone and i think the egg was about 6 days past it's sell by.

ReputationRep:
    i was thinking of putting chocolate chips in, because then they would go all warm and gooey inside it, but we didn't have any the rolos idea sounds yummyy.

ReputationRep:
    Forgot to say... I put ginger in mine to!

ReputationRep:
    so has anyone got the perfect recipe for this then? I'm so very tempted to make it >:]

ReputationRep:
    my god its filling, even I can't finish it, and I eat loads!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to dig out my baking box and give this a go! I wonder if my mother has choc chips lurking in her cupboards... I think they would make it better. (they ALWAYS make it better).

ReputationRep:
    Adding maple syrup may be my crazy invention...

ReputationRep:
    I tried it! Well, minus the egg and cocoa but plus currants and coconut was yummy tho it looked a bit like something from a sci fi movie :P

ReputationRep:
    i just made one for my 9 year old sister after her disgust at me eating cake without her :p: she approves.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i used 15 grams of butter instead of oil, and added chocolate chips, it was good.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I did it. With added chocolate chips.

It's... interesting.

It rose when it was in the microwave, but within moments sank, and sank, and sank... back down to the level it was raw. I put it in for longer, it rose again, and then sunk right back down.

I tipped it out onto a plate and it's very, very dense, sticky and chewy. My fork got stuck in it.

:puke:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I really have to try this soon!

Freud, what have you started?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I had no eggs so used more milk and added some golden syrup. Was amazing! The cake slid happily out of the mug fairly easily. Added some chocolate sauce on top. Looked lovely and tasted brilliant for a mug-cake. Try it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Mine's in the microwave now, let's see ey!

(Used butter insteaf of oil, no oil, explains oil around base?)

ReputationRep:
    Cant work out how to put a picture up after all this time (LOL!)

That was the heaviest cake Ive ever eaten, thank God for Pepto Bismol but it was a fun 15 minutes making it.

ReputationRep:
    Hasty yours looks pretty good Enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people are reporting heaviness - what is it that makes it so heavy? What would you have to reduce to lighten it? Now that mine's cooled down (why no, I didn't eat it, shockingly) it's gone really rubbery. If I threw it on the floor it would probably bounce back up.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.