Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Will someone please put up a recipe for a nice cake that i can cook in the microwaaaave?

ReputationRep:
    Trying this later
    Will let you know the results, so many different recipes with/without egg/oil!?! Add rolo's,choc chips? The possibilities!

ReputationRep:
    Oh i'm trying this! I made a cake in a microwave once, but it was a'healthy' recipe and was awful. These people do not understand the power of sugar!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I tried it, but we had a powercut so didn't cook! Perhaps its an omen?!?!?!

hmm...maybe i will try it with Chocolate Chips!

ReputationRep:
    Heavily modifying the recipe, I just made this! It tastes a little strange, but it's yummy!

ReputationRep:
    its strangely yummy! but due to the microwave it went dry really quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faery_Lights)
    Heavily modifying the recipe, I just made this! It tastes a little strange, but it's yummy!
    what stuff did you use? any measurements? lol i'm really worried i'm going to give myself food poisoning

ReputationRep:
    Okay so as promised, here are pictures from yesterday's attempt.

Name:  IMG001.JPG
Views: 152
Size:  134.4 KB

Name:  IMG002.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  152.1 KB

Name:  IMG004.JPG
Views: 140
Size:  141.5 KB

And yes, it was done in a bowl, but my mugs are way way too pretty to do this in. ENJOY! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    i just went to go and make this, but i have no cocoa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by live.laugh.love)
    i just went to go and make this, but i have no cocoa
    got any drinking chocolate? doesn't quite taste the same but isn't too bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melting Sugar.)
    what stuff did you use? any measurements? lol i'm really worried i'm going to give myself food poisoning
    I didn't use the egg or oil... I added half a tablespoon of butter instead (I'd probably add more next time). I used 5tbsp of brown sugar, added a glug of golden syrup and used MUCH more milk, so it had a thick runny consistency before it went into the microwave.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't use the egg or oil... I added half a tablespoon of butter instead (I'd probably add more next time). I used 5tbsp of brown sugar, added a glug of golden syrup and used MUCH more milk, so it had a thick runny consistency before it went into the microwave.
    yumm

ok i'm so tempted..

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    so the only ingredients are butter, sugar, syrup and milk??

ReputationRep:
    I'm so going to do this when I get my microwave. Its alomst worth getting one early to try this. Whats the best egg substitute so far? More milk and golden syrup? Can you substitiute the oil?

ReputationRep:
    I just tried it with the original recipe and it tastes absolutely rank!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/DSCF6602.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/DSCF6605.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I edited the original recipe, had an extra sugar and more cocoa powder. Seemed OK but could have done with some extra moisture and chocolate chips.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mdcrisp2000)
    I just tried it with the original recipe and it tastes absolutely rank!

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/DSCF6602.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...0/DSCF6605.jpg

I used the original recipe and mine looked alot thicker than yours. Maybe you used too much milk/oil or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k823127)
    I used the original recipe and mine looked alot thicker than yours. Maybe you used too much milk/oil or something?
    I didn't have proper cocoa, so i used Cadbury's instant hot chocolate powder, but added more :p: It still tasted foul.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god its so nice. Add more sugar, and have it with icecream

yumm-meeee

ReputationRep:
    oh and dont put it in the microwave for that long!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.