The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex applicants chat thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alemariuzzo
applied for the same course too! which accommodation did you choose?

I went for east slope as first , swanborigh thingy , Northfield . So hopefully one of those free but you have to put down 10 ,
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I have an offer there for Film Studies, was originally BBB but they lowered it to BBC when I made them my firm choice.
Reply 82
Any Business School offer holders here??
Reply 83
Original post by rebeccamay_
I guess i'll start lol
Hi, i'm Rebecca and i'm applying for International Development with a Language :smile:
Currently studying Biology, English lit and Psychology and having an A Level crisis

im applying for international development too!
Original post by m.d.123
im applying for international development too!

That's great! What accomodation have you put down? I Put east slope as my first then northfield
Hey, Is anyone else taking Biomedical science starting this September? Also, what accommodation does everyone suggest? Thanks
Hey, I received an offer for psych from sussex and edinburgh. Im from India so i have no idea how these two cities are. If you have any suggestions please let me know
Reply 87
Original post by juhiparmarr
Hey, I received an offer for psych from sussex and edinburgh. Im from India so i have no idea how these two cities are. If you have any suggestions please let me know

hey! I am an Indian too. Are you a masters student?
I'm just doing my foundation year at Sussex University and i can recommend it. The Uni and the campus are really nice and Brighton isn't far away (30 minutes on the bus or 10 minutes on the train). It's a fun city and if you like to have fun in your free time and live next to the sea it's a good choice for you :-) Unfortunately i have never been in Edinburgh before but i guess the best way to find out is to research a little bit on the internet about both places and see what appeals to you the most. All the best for you!Sina
Original post by Ankis1
hey! I am an Indian too. Are you a masters student?

No, Im a bachelors student. Are you planning to go to Sussex?
Original post by Sinaburkhardt
I'm just doing my foundation year at Sussex University and i can recommend it. The Uni and the campus are really nice and Brighton isn't far away (30 minutes on the bus or 10 minutes on the train). It's a fun city and if you like to have fun in your free time and live next to the sea it's a good choice for you :-) Unfortunately i have never been in Edinburgh before but i guess the best way to find out is to research a little bit on the internet about both places and see what appeals to you the most. All the best for you!Sina

Thank you so much! That was really helpful
Reply 91
I missed the applicant day but have an offer - did I miss much?
Anyone applying for Filmmaking??
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Sussex for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hi everyone, I’m Lauren and I’ve applied for the MA Childhood and Youth Studies and have received an unconditional offer which I have accepted.

Is anyone else going to be on this Masters ??
Just wondering, what made you put down Sussex as one of your choices for zoology?? I'm currently struggling to decide between Queen Mary and Sussex and would love to hear why you particularly like the look of the Sussex course!

Original post by Gimina
I just got an offer for Sussex zoology!
Original post by Austintravler
Guess I'll join in on this
I'm starting in 2020 for international development hopefully with an conditional offer
Sent my accommodation form off yesterday, going to applicant day this weekend
Hopefully going to be able to do a language alongside aswell as year abroad

I'm doing development with year abroad and language too :smile: where are you thinking of going?
Reply 96
Original post by rebeccamay_
I guess i'll start lol
Hi, i'm Rebecca and i'm applying for International Development with a Language :smile:
Currently studying Biology, English lit and Psychology and having an A Level crisis

ive applied for international development too !!
Reply 97
Original post by alemariuzzo
applied for the same course too! which accommodation did you choose?

ive applied to this course as well !!
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Sussex for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Hey all, I'm planning on going to Sussex this year to study Business and Management.
Currently I study (studied) Politics, Geography and French which I know is nothing to do with my course but oh well. Looking to meet some people as I don't know anybody in the area.
Hi there,

I'm Tamzin and I'm going to do Law in September. I have done a foundation year at Sussex already. If you have any questions, I would love to help!

Quick Reply

Latest