The Student Room Group
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University

Edinburgh Napier 2020 applicant chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laiagc
Hi there! I'm also applying to Film and for now all they sent me was two emails, one asking for documents about my grades and weeks later another one about my fee status (I'm from EU). Did you get that too (or someone else who might be reading this lol)? Also, could you tell me what they ask for in the portfolio? I guess they will ask about mine, I'm not even sure at this point, but... - Thank you!

What do you mean by fee status? 😮
Craiglockhart Campus
Edinburgh Napier University
Reply 81
Original post by StellaWella97
What do you mean by fee status? 😮

They said this in the email "Further to the information you provided to UCAS regarding your fee status, please complete the enclosed questionnaire and return it to us with the requested supporting documentation. We require this information to ensure that the correct fee status is attached to your application, which will determine the level of fees you are required to pay. (...) we will determine the level of tuition fees which you will be charged and will contact you with the outcome in due course." Last year I also applied to unis and one of them asked me for some details too to confirm my fee status, so it really isn't the first time but yeah I was just curious because I would really like to get an offer and the waiting is always killing me! lol
Is there a deadline to when you have to accept the offer? 😖
Reply 83
I haven't heard anything back yet either so im in the same position as you but we should hear something in the next few weeks hopefully, i doubt they would leave it as late as into April but who knows really
Original post by laiagc
Hi there! I'm also applying to Film and for now all they sent me was two emails, one asking for documents about my grades and weeks later another one about my fee status (I'm from EU). Did you get that too (or someone else who might be reading this lol)? Also, could you tell me what they ask for in the portfolio? I guess they will ask about mine, I'm not even sure at this point, but... - Thank you!

Hi, I was not asked about fee status or grade documentation. However, this is likely because I am UK based. In regards to the portfolio, I was asked to create a short film on a given topic and fill out a small questionnaire just asking the general, "who has inspired you", "which films were most inspiring and why" Kind of things. However, I was encouraged to bring along my actual portfolio to the interview to show off work that I thought was my best. As I mentioned in this thread earlier they took 2 months to reply to my portfolio and well over a month to ask for one so I wouldn't worry. Hope this is helpful and good luck!!!
Original post by Anonymous
Is there a deadline to when you have to accept the offer? 😖

Yes, however, this differs from person to person and on what other unis you've applied for. If you've applied through UCAS there should be a message on your page letting you know when you must reply for. Mine is June 6th, however, some of my friends' dates are May 4th.
Original post by daisydon
Hey, that’s me just got an update for them, got a conditional- I only need to get a D in advanced higher English, let me know when you hear back :smile:

Hey I’m so sorry I just seen this! I got a conditional as well! Congratulations on yours! ☺️
Napier got back to me & asked for more information. My consultant and I replied to the email with the info a few days after last week but I haven’t heard back from them since, not even an acknowledgement that they received the documents. What should I do? The deadline to send them the docs is this Thursday & I’m so worried they didn’t receive the emails or something 😭
Napier got back to me & asked for more information. My consultant and I replied to the email with the info a few days after last week but I haven’t heard back from them since, not even an acknowledgement that they received the documents. What should I do? The deadline to send them the docs is this Thursday & I’m so worried they didn’t receive the emails or something 😭

Maybe reread the email they sent you and see if they specify that they won't confirm if they received the documents. When I handed in some of my stuff they mentioned that I wouldn't receive confirmation.
Original post by ktstayc23
Maybe reread the email they sent you and see if they specify that they won't confirm if they received the documents. When I handed in some of my stuff they mentioned that I wouldn't receive confirmation.

Just checked & they didn’t specify it in the email. Just said once they get the documents, they’ll try to make a decision as quickly as possible 😖

I don’t want to email or message them on FB in case I’m being annoying but it’s really worrying, what should I do? 😭
Just checked & they didn’t specify it in the email. Just said once they get the documents, they’ll try to make a decision as quickly as possible 😖

I don’t want to email or message them on FB in case I’m being annoying but it’s really worrying, what should I do? 😭

If I were you I think I would send them an email. I mean, it won't hurt and if they have actually forgotten about you, then it should help. Good luck!

There's an admission inquiry link on their website under "contact us" there can't be any harm in asking and they seem to try and reply within 3 days.
Reply 92
Original post by ktstayc23
Hi, I was not asked about fee status or grade documentation. However, this is likely because I am UK based. In regards to the portfolio, I was asked to create a short film on a given topic and fill out a small questionnaire just asking the general, "who has inspired you", "which films were most inspiring and why" Kind of things. However, I was encouraged to bring along my actual portfolio to the interview to show off work that I thought was my best. As I mentioned in this thread earlier they took 2 months to reply to my portfolio and well over a month to ask for one so I wouldn't worry. Hope this is helpful and good luck!!!

Hi! Thank you very much for your answer, and let's hope everything works out at the end, thanks :smile:
Original post by laiagc
Hi! Thank you very much for your answer, and let's hope everything works out at the end, thanks :smile:

No problem, glad I could help at least a little. Let me know when you hear something!
Hey, has anyone heard from Napier since the coronavirus started flaring up? 😖

Has the school shut down till everything’s better?
Hey, has anyone heard from Napier since the coronavirus started flaring up? 😖

Has the school shut down till everything’s better?

Yeah uni is closed and all interviews cancelled 😫
Original post by Td82pink
Yeah uni is closed and all interviews cancelled 😫

Omg have they rescheduled those interviews or what’s gonna happen???
Omg have they rescheduled those interviews or what’s gonna happen???

Waiting to hear back, they said they will do it online at some point?
Original post by Td82pink
Waiting to hear back, they said they will do it online at some point?

Ahhhh alright! Cause I’m still waiting to hear back if I got an offer or not - so worried about the virus & this too :frown:
Ahhhh alright! Cause I’m still waiting to hear back if I got an offer or not - so worried about the virus & this too :frown:

Aww no, hopefully you hear back soon 😫

Quick Reply

Latest