BlackPanada
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I need help on how to reference from a book. My uni chose Harvard referencing and I'm okay for now. It's just whenever I read a textbook and find some information that is useful how do I incite reference it? Especially when it doesn't say who said this e.g. My textbook is' An introduction to criminological Theory' and it's by Roger Hopkins. Would I say Hopkins (book publish date etc..) anyone help
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by BlackPanada)
I need help on how to reference from a book. My uni chose Harvard referencing and I'm okay for now. It's just whenever I read a textbook and find some information that is useful how do I incite reference it? Especially when it doesn't say who said this e.g. My textbook is' An introduction to criminological Theory' and it's by Roger Hopkins. Would I say Hopkins (book publish date etc..) anyone help
http://www.citethisforme.com/harvard-referencing
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Check if the chapters in the book are written by different authors (this will be in the contents and at the start of every chapter if there are separate authors), or whether Hopkins wrote the whole volume.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey,:shakehand:

It would be best to follow your university's referencing guidebook. This should be available to you on your student portal. Each university may use a slightly different referencing guide you see, even if it is Harvard Referencing there may be slight differences between institutions.

This will show you exactly how to correctly write out the reference in text (Name, year) and how to write the full reference in the reference list.

You may wish to also check if you have writing mentors or similar support at the university who can help you with referencing.
Tom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads