Turn on thread page Beta

We need to talk? - worst words? watch

ReputationRep:
    okay so my bf and i have been going through a bad patch and now i've just got the txt "we need to talk" it made me wonder are these really the most dreaded words? I mean i get it and we do need to talk stuff through if we wanna move on with the relationship but does it mean he gunna break up with me? i know in the long run it will be best for us to call it a day with me going to uni n him stayin here and we not matched on alot of things but we are going on holiday in two weeks which makes things awkward. i do really love him and wish we could sort it out but i dunno. what you think? i guess i should just wait and see what he has got to say tonight!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlieb89)
    okay so my bf and i have been going through a bad patch and now i've just got the txt "we need to talk" it made me wonder are these really the most dreaded words? I mean i get it and we do need to talk stuff through if we wanna move on with the relationship but does it mean he gunna break up with me? i know in the long run it will be best for us to call it a day with me going to uni n him stayin here and we not matched on alot of things but we are going on holiday in two weeks which makes things awkward. i do really love him and wish we could sort it out but i dunno. what you think? i guess i should just wait and see what he has got to say tonight!!
    I think wait and hear what he has to say...I'm not saying it is this cos I have no idea of the facts but it could be that he's thinking the same as you that your relationship needs to move on up and so wants to talk to you about that...keep your chin up and then if it does go wrong, make another thread

good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    I think wait and hear what he has to say...I'm not saying it is this cos I have no idea of the facts but it could be that he's thinking the same as you that your relationship needs to move on up and so wants to talk to you about that...keep your chin up and then if it does go wrong, make another thread

good luck!
    hmmm maybe...the other day we argued cos he blew me off again to go out with his mates n i told hiim that i was upset n that things wer going downhill n we both needed to make a bit of an effort to sort things out and he agreed and said he didnt wanna loose me...but then he doesnt speek to me for 2days and then txts me sayin we need to talk ... i just dunno where i am with him!!!

ReputationRep:
    http://cad-comic.com/comics/20080714.jpg

Perhaps? Yes? No?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)

Perhaps? Yes? No?
    that is quite funny bt it was actually him that said it lol

ReputationRep:
    i think 'i've got herpes' could be a little worse?
    not emotionally, but still

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Win)
    i think 'i've got herpes' could be a little worse?
    not emotionally, but still
    that would be bad too!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm maybe...the other day we argued cos he blew me off again to go out with his mates n i told hiim that i was upset n that things wer going downhill n we both needed to make a bit of an effort to sort things out and he agreed and said he didnt wanna loose me...but then he doesnt speek to me for 2days and then txts me sayin we need to talk ... i just dunno where i am with him!!!
    Now this'll really mess with you

He blew you off to go and buy a ring with his mates, he's been acting distant to throw you off the scent :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Now this'll really mess with you

He blew you off to go and buy a ring with his mates, he's been acting distant to throw you off the scent :woo:
    haha no way! his mate rang him wen i was with him anyway. besides we too young for that...be both wanna live a little lol

ReputationRep:
    My advice is don't jump to conclusions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RightSaidJames)
    My advice is don't jump to conclusions
    yh that probs is the best thing to do. its just hard cos am all nervous now lol. had to go to tesco to get sausages and i felt like a right doyle lol was upset cos i didnt know which ones to get!!

ReputationRep:
    aye, don't jump to conclusions! my boyfriend texted those words to me just a couple of weeks ago. He said he'd phone me at 7 that night. Up until I got the phonecall I was really nervous and down. As it turned out, it had nothing to do with us!

ReputationRep:
    He might just be calling to tell you he's pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaneThePain)
    aye, don't jump to conclusions! my boyfriend texted those words to me just a couple of weeks ago. He said he'd phone me at 7 that night. Up until I got the phonecall I was really nervous and down. As it turned out, it had nothing to do with us!
    thats good then. i think am only getting worked up because of the trouble we have had over the past few weeks and then we he didnt txt me for a couple of days it freaked me out cos normally i talk to him via txt or msn or whatever every day so wen he sent that i was like oh dear! and he didnt even ask how i was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fjarskafinn)

Perhaps? Yes? No?
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw this thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gateshipone)
    I thought the exact same thing when I saw this thread
    High five to the CAD-obsessed ones!

ReputationRep:
    haha no way! his mate rang him wen i was with him anyway. besides we too young for that...be both wanna live a little lol
    Yeah but at least I made you laugh!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but at least I made you laugh!
    true.

ReputationRep:
    eugh - the "We need to talk" thing is horrible.

My husband said that to me once (when we were dating) - I went into panic mode. He sat me down, and then asked me if I fancied my cousin!! I was like WHAT?!

It was a weird misunderstanding - I had been telling my husband's ex girlfriend (who was then his best friend) how great my cousin was, because they were both single so I was trying to play cupid. She took it the wrong way (she's a bit thick) and assumed I was saying how great he was because I fancied him. So then she told my husband.

After reassuring him, all was fine.

Don't worry - the "We need to talk" doesn't always end in tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    true.
    Then I WIN!!!
    :woo:

how you doing?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.