Queen Margaret University 2020 applicant chat

Watch
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Image This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Queen Margaret for 2020!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>
Zeeh90
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys, So I have applied to QMU since October and responded to their subsequent email Oct 24th requesting for additional documents. However I am yet to get a response, even though they stated applicant should expect response in 4weeks. Anyone else applied and waiting for response for Diag. Radiography (Pre-Reg)? P.S. I 'm an international Student
Selfol1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Zeeh90)
Hi guys, So I have applied to QMU since October and responded to their subsequent email Oct 24th requesting for additional documents. However I am yet to get a response, even though they stated applicant should expect response in 4weeks. Anyone else applied and waiting for response for Diag. Radiography (Pre-Reg)? P.S. I 'm an international Student
Are you sure it was not 4 weeks from the closing date ? for example I have applied for physio and it says 4 weeks but from febuary 1st. end of jan is when application window closes!
Zeeh90
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Selfol1)
Are you sure it was not 4 weeks from the closing date ? for example I have applied for physio and it says 4 weeks but from febuary 1st. end of jan is when application window closes!
Hi @Selfol1, I am not exactly sure right now, which was why I thought to pop in here and ask questions like the classic concerned applicant. If i get you right, you saying it could be 4weeks from the deadline (which is all d way in July 2020?):eek:
username1286042
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey guys,

Anybody got an offer from QMU?

I have applied in October and still no response :confused:
Gretule181
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, haven’t heard anything back from them I’ve applied for two of their courses and still nothing
erin04
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I applied back in December I think for Primary Teaching and I've heard nothing. One of my friends declined her interview for nursing there and another received a conditional for Business. They're really taking their time this year!
Student02030405
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone heard back for psychology or primary teaching? (I applied in December)
Last edited by Student02030405; 1 year ago
erin04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Student02030405)
Has anyone heard back for psychology or primary teaching? (I applied in December)
I also applied to Primary Teaching in December and I haven't heard anything back yet. Is QMU your first choice?
Student02030405
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by erin04)
I also applied to Primary Teaching in December and I haven't heard anything back yet. Is QMU your first choice?
Hi yes QMU is my first choice. What about you?
erin04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi yes QMU is my first choice. What about you?
Aww fab! I think Dundee is my first choice but I've swayed between Dundee and Stirling but I'd like to know from QMU and Stirling so I can sit down and make a decision.
Student02030405
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aww fab! I think Dundee is my first choice but I've swayed between Dundee and Stirling but I'd like to know from QMU and Stirling so I can sit down and make a decision.
Where else did you apply too?
erin04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where else did you apply too?
I applied to QMU, Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow. You?
Student02030405
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to QMU, Stirling, Dundee, Aberdeen and Glasgow. You?
I applied to QMU, RGU (Social work), Edinburgh Napier (Psychology) and Abertay university (psychology and counselling)
erin04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to QMU, RGU (Social work), Edinburgh Napier (Psychology) and Abertay university (psychology and counselling)
Wow! Sounds good! Do you have a career in mind for when you finish Uni? I should probably add that I applied for Primary Teaching if I didn't state that before.
Student02030405
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow! Sounds good! Do you have a career in mind for when you finish Uni? I should probably add that I applied for Primary Teaching if I didn't state that before.
U did mention it before . I was always set on primary teaching but after getting experience in a primary school, I love it sometimes but then don't others and I like psychology/can see how it would help then go into primary teaching. Have you always wanted to be a primary school teacher?
erin04
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
U did mention it before . I was always set on primary teaching but after getting experience in a primary school, I love it sometimes but then don't others and I like psychology/can see how it would help then go into primary teaching. Have you always wanted to be a primary school teacher?
I totally get that. You kind of have to love the bad moments too if that makes sense. Psychology works/fits in so well with that! Not to be cheesy but yes, I have. When I was younger, I think maybe 8 years old, I wanted to be a nurse or a primary teacher but I don't think my stomach could handle nursing. I had some experience in a primary school and I loved it
Student02030405
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I totally get that. You kind of have to love the bad moments too if that makes sense. Psychology works/fits in so well with that! Not to be cheesy but yes, I have. When I was younger, I think maybe 8 years old, I wanted to be a nurse or a primary teacher but I don't think my stomach could handle nursing. I had some experience in a primary school and I loved it
Tbh I also went through wanting to be a nurse or paramedic but I kinda have a fear myself of needles and couldn't imagine having to deal with that. I only recently changed from primary teaching and I have placements in 2 primary schools and think it can sometimes also depend on the primary school. Others have also advised me that one most people change what they qualify in or if i just did a BA in primary education then that's all I'm qualified in - which can be limiting.
AlienInUK
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I recieved an unconditional offer for Film and Theatre 3 weeks ago. Good luck for ya'll!
Student02030405
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AlienInUK)
I recieved an unconditional offer for Film and Theatre 3 weeks ago. Good luck for ya'll!
Congratulations!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
23.03%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.79%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.99%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.19%

Watched Threads