First boyfriend?

Watch
AlphaJuliet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have just moved to a new school recently and one of the bonuses that came with that is a new start. Don't get me wrong, I loved my old school and had many friends but they all thought I was a lesbian and this new school has allowed me to meet my current boyfriend. There is nothing wrong with him at all- he's sweet, kind and funny but my problem is... I feel weird. I've always been weird about boyfriends (because of my old friends) and, well... things that come with relationships like sex. I know I don't have to do anything I don't want to do but I cant help repeating something that I was told and that is "strictly romantic relationships can't last." I don't know how to let him know that I don't feel ready for sex at 16! Another problem is that I feel weird. Not around him or my new friends, but I told someone from my old school today and they reacted how I knew and feared they would (disbelief, making fun and telling everyone else...) so now I am kicking myself for telling them and have the same old fears coming back that make me feel like I'm wrong or something to laugh at. I also don't know how to tell my parents although I have a feeling they already have an inkling XD

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry if it is long...
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AlphaJuliet)
I have just moved to a new school recently and one of the bonuses that came with that is a new start. Don't get me wrong, I loved my old school and had many friends but they all thought I was a lesbian and this new school has allowed me to meet my current boyfriend. There is nothing wrong with him at all- he's sweet, kind and funny but my problem is... I feel weird. I've always been weird about boyfriends (because of my old friends) and, well... things that come with relationships like sex. I know I don't have to do anything I don't want to do but I cant help repeating something that I was told and that is "strictly romantic relationships can't last." I don't know how to let him know that I don't feel ready for sex at 16! Another problem is that I feel weird. Not around him or my new friends, but I told someone from my old school today and they reacted how I knew and feared they would (disbelief, making fun and telling everyone else...) so now I am kicking myself for telling them and have the same old fears coming back that make me feel like I'm wrong or something to laugh at. I also don't know how to tell my parents although I have a feeling they already have an inkling XD

Thank you for reading and I'm sorry if it is long...
hey babe if you're not ready i totally understand, btw I'm breaking up with you... sorry
AlphaJuliet
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
hey babe if you're not ready i totally understand, btw I'm breaking up with you... sorry
Haha this actually made me laugh
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
First of all, people who are teasing you about being a lesbian for not having a boyfriend so young, or now having a boyfriend aren't your friends! It's bullying and they are picking on your insecurities. People who do this are insecure themselves and what they say is usually masking their feelings, like they are jealous of your looks, personality, intelligence, close family, any number òf reasons. Ignore what other people are thinking, apart from your boyfriend; you have attractive qualities and have met someone who shares those values and likes you for who you are.

Second, don't worry about bringing up the subject of sex too early. There's also a saying about someone who loves and cares about you will respect your feelings on this! You are only 16, and whilst it is lovely having this boyfriend, school is important and there is no rush to get any more involved than you want. Talk to him if the subject comes up, like if there's some serious making out or he suggests going to a bedroom if you're at someone's house; don't be afraid to say you don't want to take things any further, and don't leave it too late so that you are uncomfortable to speak up.

As for your parents, you know best. Drop his name into more conversations? Tell them you've met this nice boy? But maybe add that you won't let it interfere with school and you'll get some trust for meeting up with him.

Enjoy it for what it is. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (10)
17.86%
No one else does (21)
37.5%
I'm embarrassed about my background (7)
12.5%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (14)
25%
We don't use a video platform (2)
3.57%
I don't have a camera (1)
1.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads