Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    removed
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    it should be 'mind reviewing...' for the record

aiming high, and you must like london are my only comments.

ReputationRep:
    Do your GCSEs first!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, the London dominance is quite striking, but it might not be a bad thing if you're sure you would like that.

Anyway, there are two main points for me:

First, 3 or 4 years? Clearly a 4 year Masters will be more popular amoungst employers but it depends on if you want that extra year of study and debt: It will likley easier to get onto a 3 year course from a 4 year, rather than the other way around.

Finally, won't they all be AAA (or your equivilent) courses? Surely you want to include somewhere like Warwick, Bath, Bristol, Durham etc where you can likley get an AAB or even ABB offer as an insurance. This will most likely cost you the KCL and/or UCL choice(s).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Henerz)
    Finally, won't they all be AAA (or your equivilent) courses? Surely you want to include somewhere like Warwick, Bath, Bristol, Durham etc where you can likley get an AAB or even ABB offer as an insurance. This will most likely cost you the KCL and/or UCL choice(s).
    He should be alright if he has Maths and Further Maths (and is obviously predicted AAA), as then the KCL offer should be AAB or (more commonly) ABB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHeroXHappy)
    1: Oxford Maths & Stat (GG13)
    2: Imperial Maths & Stat (G1G3)
    3: UCL Maths & Stat (GG13)
    4: KCL Maths (G100)
    5: LSE Maths & Econ (GL11)

You haven't even done your GCSEs yet. You might yet be thick.

Do us a favour and come back when you've started AS.

Edit: It just looks as though you've made this thread to show off, so NO. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't get set on these if you haven't taken your IGCSE's/ started the ib yet- wait and see whether your academics matches with the calibre of these uni's.

Beaten to it by Greatleysteg who basically phrased it in the way I wanted to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    He should be alright if he has Maths and Further Maths (and is obviously predicted AAA), as then the KCL offer should be AAB or (more commonly) ABB.
    How do you know what the KCL offer will be in at least a year's time? It might have gone up, what with the new A* grade. They might make offers AAA/AAB.

ReputationRep:
    yea youv definately got to be a bit more realistic, these unis are very selective and just as unpredictable

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.