Turn on thread page Beta

Don't talk to your loved one? Listen to this, or forever rot with regret watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Don't leave it until it's too late.

Sometimes we fall out with our loved ones. For those of us that have,
    someone will die without us telling them that we still love them.

The longer you leave making amends to your broken relationship with your father, mother, sister, brother, partner etc, you more you risk the potential suffering from torture of regret and guilt for the rest of your life.

Listen to this song called 'The Living Years' by 'Mike and the Mechanics'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqQM-HoFeEk

I think it's the saddest song ever.

I feel like a robot. That song doesn't move me at all. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by =nuke=)
    I feel like a robot. That song doesn't move me at all. :p:
    You must be a robot then! You have no heart. :no:

ReputationRep:
    Erm I don't think you can really assume that every single person who has fallen out with a family member will automatically 'rot with regret' if that person dies. That is one hell of a generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pipkinlove)
    Erm I don't think you can really assume that every single person who has fallen out with a family member will automatically 'rot with regret' if that person dies. That is one hell of a generalisation.
    That's right, but neither can you assume that I did. :p:

I just like the song and thought it had an important message behind it.

Do you tell your loved ones that you love them? An awful amount of people just don't. Worse still, an awful amount of people don't realise how bad they would feel if their loved one died.

ReputationRep:
    Aw, Mikey Mike is a little cutiepants. The music is not so hot but it's nice enough. It sounds a bit like a Christmas number 3.

On the same topic and one of the same musicians, I think Afterglow by Genesis is very moving. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMSGco5wDro

ReputationRep:
    I had a horrible dream, actually it was a like a nightmare. It wasn't a horror style nightmare, it was something much worse. It was the worse feeling ever. If there is a Hell, then this is what Hell would be like.

In this dream my mother died. I don't really have that great a relationship with her, but I think I realised just how much it would mean to me if she were to leave me. Words can't describe the feeling. It felt like the end of the world.

Thank you God or whatever there is out there, that my mother is still alive and that I now have a chance to re-build my relationship with her.

ReputationRep:
    The thread title made me think of this song for some reason. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's a cool song but it doesn't quite evoke the same feelings as the song I posted!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

this song is so much better
    it just makes you soooooo happy!

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I really can't get into this song, packed full of annoying little 80's cliche music styles!

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind it,but much prefer their 'over my shoulder' tune

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toni_bean)
    To be honest I really can't get into this song, packed full of annoying little 80's cliche music styles!
    Don't forget to listen to the chorus!

Yes, it's a song from the 80's and that further explains why I like it so much! Apart from liking metal, I am ashamed to admit that I also love 80's pop!

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I just saw a Mike & The Mechanics song posted on a student forum.

Mike & The Mechanics are amazing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chew)
    I can't believe I just saw a Mike & The Mechanics song posted on a student forum.

Mike & The Mechanics are amazing!
    and 'The Living Years' is a such a tear jerker of a song.

Chew, you rock! :yep:

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.