Winston Churchill never hid in a ****ing fridge Watch

Trumbles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
You can hardly have missed the thing with Boris Johnson yesterday where a reminder from a reporter that he had said he was doing an interview with GMB led to an aide telling them to f*** off and Johnson himself hiding in a fridge.

It's funny – the memes are hilarious – but mostly pathetic.

I mean everyone knew before now that he was famous for being a liar (fired for it repeatedly), lazy (couldn't be bothered to read his notes before damning Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe to years more in an Iranian jail), racist (google flag-waving watermelon letterboxes if not clear), and that he was a member of a university club which burned £50 notes in front of homeless people.

But I've been amazed at his cowardice this year. Long before this election he just scarpers at the first sign of trouble.
This Twitter thread recaps some of it, but misses other examples eg the Julie Etchingham interview he ducked out of.

For a man who idolises and wrote a book about Winston Churchill, it's just so feeble. How can people believe he'll stand up for the UK to world leaders like Putin when he runs headlong into cold storage to escape Susannah Reid?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...2Zh-_1wPLr1w&s
Trumbles
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ha!
Many people care – one of them is you.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Trumbles)
You can hardly have missed the thing with Boris Johnson yesterday where a reminder from a reporter that he had said he was doing an interview with GMB led to an aide telling them to f*** off and Johnson himself hiding in a fridge.

I mean everyone knew before now that he was famous for being a liar (fired for it repeatedly), lazy (couldn't be bothered to read his notes before damning Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe to years more in an Iranian jail), racist (google flag-waving watermelon letterboxes if not clear), and that he was a member of a university club which burned £50 notes in front of homeless people.

But I've been amazed at his cowardice this year. Long before this election he just scarpers at the first sign of trouble.
This Twitter thread recaps some of it, but misses other examples eg the Julie Etchingham interview he ducked out of.

For a man who idolises and wrote a book about Winston Churchill, it's just so feeble. How can people believe he'll stand up for the UK to world leaders like Putin when he runs headlong into cold storage to escape Susannah Reid?
Winston never fought a tv based election
Winston never went anywhere with a walk in fridge
Winston never got asked for an interview by Piers Morgan
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ha!
Many people care – one of them is you.
the Great British Public have supported Boris during his vicious persecution by the meeja. the only person out in the cold now is Tragic Grandpa.
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Boris Johnson tackled a child at a charity rugby match.

Is he going to be our next prime minister?
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by study beats)
Boris Johnson tackled a child at a charity rugby match.

Is he going to be our next prime minister?
What was he supposed to do?

The man is basically a cushion anyway.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fridges were airtight and had no inside handle back then They slammed shut from the outside! Many the tale of some kid hiding in one and suffocating to death.
ColinDent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Fridges were airtight and had no inside handle back then They slammed shut from the outside! Many the tale of some kid hiding in one and suffocating to death.
Also is there any evidence that Winston Churchill never hid in a fridge?
Perhaps during a game of kick the can or sardines!
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
Also is there any evidence that Winston Churchill never hid in a fridge?
Perhaps during a game of kick the can or sardines!
Rofl... or one of kick the Hun and Sardinians. Congrats on the Boris victory btw...
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Rofl... or one of kick the Hun and Sardinians. Congrats on the Boris victory btw...
Thanks that's very gracious of you, but I'm hoping it's the last time I'll ever vote for the Tories, as you know it's just been about brexit for me.
Commiserations to you, I know you have extreme reservations about what is to come but we need to get it out of the way so we can all move on.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks that's very gracious of you, but I'm hoping it's the last time I'll ever vote for the Tories, as you know it's just been about brexit for me.
Commiserations to you, I know you have extreme reservations about what is to come but we need to get it out of the way so we can all move on.
No need... I may not approve of the outcome but am happy with the result. We both only wanted what we thought best for the UK.
AngryRedhead
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

PRSOM
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
PRSOM
And how do you think Mr Corbyn would stand up to Mr Putin?
This is where the argument falls down, he is an apologist that would choose to placate rather than stand up for what is correct, nonetheless it doesn't matter because he's yesterday's man.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
And how do you think Mr Corbyn would stand up to Mr Putin?
This is where the argument falls down, he is an apologist that would choose to placate rather than stand up for what is correct, nonetheless it doesn't matter because he's yesterday's man.
Honestly? I’d trust Corbyn slightly more; at least he had the balls to show up to be interviewed, unlike cowardly Johnson who hid from it
HBaguette
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe not, but he was an advocate for eugenics.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly? I’d trust Corbyn slightly more; at least he had the balls to show up to be interviewed, unlike cowardly Johnson who hid from it
Fair enough that's your view, but his cowtailing to the ruskies when they were murdering British citizens in a British city says that he would just try to excuse them of their heinous crimes, or do you believe that more evidence was required? If so then, with the greatest respect, l would question your judgement.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Fair enough that's your view, but his cowtailing to the ruskies when they were murdering British citizens in a British city says that he would just try to excuse them of their heinous crimes, or do you believe that more evidence was required? If so then, with the greatest respect, l would question your judgement.
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn’t, but I can’t really see Johnson standing up to Trump or Putin either if he runs away from being questioned by a lady 😂
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn’t, but I can’t really see Johnson standing up to Trump or Putin either if he runs away from being questioned by a lady 😂
Again fair point, I'm not about to become some sort of Johnson apologist, but then I do believe that Mr Corbyn would be worse on a proper, real life do or die situation, I mean he wouldn't even give a straight answer as to whether he would be willing to issue a shoot to kill policy against an Isis murderer on any UK street, he and his ilk are weak.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Again fair point, I'm not about to become some sort of Johnson apologist, but then I do believe that Mr Corbyn would be worse on a proper, real life do or die situation, I mean he wouldn't even give a straight answer as to whether he would be willing to issue a shoot to kill policy against an Isis murderer on any UK street, he and his ilk are weak.
As I said before, at least he had the stones to turn up and at least try to answer questions. Whether you hate him or not (and I’m not keen) he didn’t hide from being questioned and I respected him more for it as a person. It shows more strength
Last edited by AngryRedhead; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (45)
25.86%
1 (29)
16.67%
2 (31)
17.82%
3 (24)
13.79%
4 (11)
6.32%
5 (15)
8.62%