The Student Room Group

GCSE Option picking

Hello everyone. I am in secondary school and as you know, its option time. I have a list of the following subjects i want to pick and i want to hear your opinion. PS Maths, English and science are compulsary!

History
PDE
B-TEC Buisness
Drama
Spainish or french
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi! I'm in Year 10 at the moment and I can honestly say that history is by far my favourite subject. It is really enjoyable and interesting. I don't do any of the other options but my friend does business and she finds it a bit difficult but she enjoys it.

Good luck with your options x
Reply 2
thanks for that. i now dont need to pick PDE anymore so i can change it to RS but thanks again
Reply 3
Original post by t2.trapit
Hello everyone. I am in secondary school and as you know, its option time. I have a list of the following subjects i want to pick and i want to hear your opinion. PS Maths, English and science are compulsary!

History
PDE
B-TEC Buisness
Drama
Spainish or french

hi so, i do history, drama and spanish:

(edexcel) history, personally i think is really interesting and is honestly a really good subject at gcse- but you need to make sure that you put in the work, because there is a lot of content. you also need to be able to write essays, so if you don't like that kind of thing then it might not be for you

(ocr) drama, is a good subject, especially if you want to do a creative arts, but it is more effort than you would expect, and there is also a lot of written work (e.g essays). you also need to be prepared to do extra stuff outside the classroom, e.g idk about other exam boards, but ocr drama needs you to make a portfolio for your devising section, and you need to put in the effort to do well

lastly (aqa) spanish- so i do two languages, spanish being one of them, and i think that it's not too bad, the exams are fairly straight forward and to be honest the topics aren't hard, and if you enjoy languages then you should just go for it and it's a pretty enjoyable subject

(im yr 11 btw so i've almost done the whole of the course for all of these)
Reply 4
Thank you. Are u studying Law or sonething?
Reply 5
Original post by t2.trapit
Thank you. Are u studying Law or sonething?

you're welcome! i mean, it's an option as a career but i don't study it now

Quick Reply

Latest