i need coursework help asap like please please help me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
to put it simply my english coursework teacher has handed back our coursework a few days ago and demands that we redo it by monday because pretty much everyone got no grades except like two people who are oxbridge applicants. it was annoying because she initially said the coursework deadline was for wednesday but moved it because she realized we don't have a lesson on thursday (school ends at break) so we can't do paperwork for moderation.

i've never ever ever been the type of person to leave things last minute. i despise it. it makes me panicky and feel low and stressed. she's asked us to drink coffee sleep less suck it up and deal with it. which is exactly what i'm doing. if you're wondering why i haven't started redoing english coursework yet i've been trying to do homework for my other subjects but now i've stopped and i'm about to start doing coursework again.

so im bunking school tomorrow. i'm wondering if i should sleep early and wake up at 5am and bang it out throughout the day or if i should pull an all nighter tonight bang it out and then sleep when it's redone. i also have sunday to edit it rewrite stuff etc. because it's my dad's birthday on sunday and he only turns 50 once. i'll still do work from 6pm-12am i imagine (one hour dinner break in between) but i can't guarantee.

i'm emotionally drained at this point i know life is hard and i should really get over it and stop being snowflakely but i really dont know how im going to do 3k in one day without having a meltdown and i need advice on how i should divide my time up efficiently to get through it. also i really want to get a B atleast i want a high grade. im really scared ill stay on a U at this point x thanks for reading this appreciate it sm.
CC!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
A difficult situation! I think you need to try and balance work from different subjects much better and don't forget that English is an important subject! A pass or higher is necessary for any further/higher education.
I couldn't work through the night. I'd be too tired and what I did write would be junk! So, I'd say do it during the day but if you are used to doing work through the night then do that. It's what's better suited for you really and not really a question anyone else can answer for you. You could be spending a good couple of hours on it tonight before you head to bed? Make a good head start and work on it during break/lunch and after school tomorrow, and all day saturday. Bunking off school could make it seem a bit obvious why if the schools picks up on knowing you have a deadline soon. You could also miss work at school by not attending that might be important for others subjects and the work you miss, you'll need to catch up on, so you will be even more behind.
Last edited by CC!; 3 months ago
yzanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
That's mean of your teacher...sorry about that!

Try to split it up, unfortunately 'banging out' work never really works because you burn out and lose all motivation to carry on. Try split it into sections, like one paragraph then a break, another and a break etc. Try not to work past 9pm because your work simply won't be your best, and you need the grade! :yep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (128)
29.77%
No (302)
70.23%

Watched Threads