Inotsillab
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have no motivation to study, and I don't even know how to study literature. I also have no clue about how to write a literary analysis essay (Wrote around 150 words for my exam, and apparently it was a summary). I never pay attention in class even if I try to because of how much I dislike this subject. So far I've failed both of my exams.
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Why did you pick it? Perhaps thinking of that will remind you the love you once had for the subject
Inotsillab
Rep:
?
(Original post by Littlegeekgirl_)
Why did you pick it? Perhaps thinking of that will remind you the love you once had for the subject
It's the only option available ;(
Littlegeekgirl_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Inotsillab)
It's the only option available ;(
Wdym? There are so many a level subjects considering you only pick 3
Inotsillab
Rep:
?
(Original post by Littlegeekgirl_)
Wdym? There are so many a level subjects considering you only pick 3I ta
I take it as an IB SL subject. My school only has one English teacher qualified for teaching IB and she only teaches literature so everybody is forced to take it.
anna_42
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Try watching the film adaptations of the books, any TV series based on them ect. Should make it more engaging and interesting
(Original post by Inotsillab)
I take it as an IB SL subject. My school only has one English teacher qualified for teaching IB and she only teaches literature so everybody is forced to take it.
Inotsillab
Rep:
?
(Original post by anna_42)
Try watching the film adaptations of the books, any TV series based on them ect. Should make it more engaging and interesting
I've tried that, but when it comes to writing an essay I butcher it. Even if I know the literary devices very well, I still manage to fail.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (385)
67.19%
No (188)
32.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise