How do i get a grade 9 in RS instead of 8

Watch
immar.k123
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So in RS GCSE i really want a 9 because i know that i can get full marks however only 3% of the population get a 9 so i really want to be one of them 3, like yeah i would be fine with a 8 however deep down i know that i would be gutted because i wanted a 9 so i need to make sure that i am able to get a 9 any advice. Also don't call me ungrateful because honestly im not.
sleepwalker2011
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i did islam and christianity and i got a grade 9 so this is how i revised
bought the gcse revision guide only £10 (worth it)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-GCSE-Re...c=1&th=1&psc=1
then went to each chapter and made a flash card on that chapter 1 side chritiantiy and one side islam (for themes) and then for beliefs and practices get a flash card and do the same but used different colours
in the revision guide there are 4 marks , take them and turn them into a 12 marker
get different colour revision cards and write key quotes max 2 per chapter
keep practicing and get your teacher to mark them then re do them in a week
also it doesn't matter what you are predicted, (i got a grade 6 predicted and they said i had no chance of getting a 9)
username5073156
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly i bull****ted the entire thing, made up scripture/ put in "scripture" that was actually from english lit and i still got a 9 so don't sweat it. Just try to make reasonable points and hope.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
got a 9 through exam practice really. and timing.
SaDe7
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lmao I fell asleep in paper 1. That just made me continue to do all-nighters to make up for it and just ended up falling asleep in other papers too.

Got an 8 though. And unis don't look at 9s and 8s any differently so it's no big deal. They're both A*s to them.
charging
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
essays
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's not as hard as you think. Last year 7.4% of those entering GCSe RS achieved a 9 https://analytics.ofqual.gov.uk/apps/GCSE/Outcomes/
immar.k123
Rep:
?
(Original post by sleepwalker2011)
i did islam and christianity and i got a grade 9 so this is how i revised
bought the gcse revision guide only £10 (worth it)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-GCSE-Re...c=1&th=1&psc=1
then went to each chapter and made a flash card on that chapter 1 side chritiantiy and one side islam (for themes) and then for beliefs and practices get a flash card and do the same but used different colours
in the revision guide there are 4 marks , take them and turn them into a 12 marker
get different colour revision cards and write key quotes max 2 per chapter
keep practicing and get your teacher to mark them then re do them in a week
also it doesn't matter what you are predicted, (i got a grade 6 predicted and they said i had no chance of getting a 9)
Thank you i will take your advice i just found on Thursday that i got, a 8 in christianity and a 8 in Islam so i am hoping to get 8's in the themes as well
immar.k123
Rep:
?
(Original post by lamp12)
Honestly i bull****ted the entire thing, made up scripture/ put in "scripture" that was actually from english lit and i still got a 9 so don't sweat it. Just try to make reasonable points and hope.
Thank you i will try my best to learn as much quotes
immar.k123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
It's not as hard as you think. Last year 7.4% of those entering GCSe RS achieved a 9 https://analytics.ofqual.gov.uk/apps/GCSE/Outcomes/
My teacher told me that for some reason they cant really award 9's even though i get like full marks so im really confident ill get a 9
immar.k123
Rep:
?
(Original post by SaDe7)
lmao I fell asleep in paper 1. That just made me continue to do all-nighters to make up for it and just ended up falling asleep in other papers too.

Got an 8 though. And unis don't look at 9s and 8s any differently so it's no big deal. They're both A*s to them.
Oh okay im going to do 6 form so its all good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.93%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (30)
44.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.91%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads