Mathswhiz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What grades do you need ? Do your mocks matter?
PizzaMan2989
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The sixth form is in London and is really competitive, mocks somewhat matter for me but last years mocks have already given me pretty good predictions, but could be higher
Ðeggs
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
All grades 7-9, and 8/9 in the subjects you want to do for a level.
RyanC_
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The one I'm applying for just asks for 6 grade 6s and 7+ in what you wanna study.. Tbh I'm sure it's secretly more tho lol
Mathswhiz
Rep:
?
I didn't get 8/9's in most of my mocks. However, If I get this at GCSE will I still have a good chance in getting in?
PizzaMan2989
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
8/9's across the board should get you into practically any sixth form, it depends if they value mocks and give conditional offers or what
Mathswhiz
Rep:
?
conditional offers?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by izrevision)
I didn't get 8/9's in most of my mocks. However, If I get this at GCSE will I still have a good chance in getting in?
It will vary from school to school. Your predictions are more important for the offer of a place than your mocks.

What did they say on the Open evening?
Mathswhiz
Rep:
?
Aren't predictions your mock results ? They said you need 8's across the board in your mocks which I didn't get. Will I still have a chance if I get all 8/9's on results day? What is the probability as it's a very high up school
Mathswhiz
Rep:
?
Anyone ??
PizzaMan2989
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Aren't predictions your mock results ? They said you need 8's across the board in your mocks which I didn't get. Will I still have a chance if I get all 8/9's on results day? What is the probability as it's a very high up school
Sometimes predictions are based on your mocks, sometimes not it depends on your school. For most sixth forms that you apply to, mock grades are used as predictions and those determine if the school will offer you a place. Sometimes they will say yes, you can come regardless of the grades you get on results day - or they might give you specific requirements that you must meet on results day as well as the general entry requirements
PizzaMan2989
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PizzaMan2989)
Sometimes predictions are based on your mocks, sometimes not it depends on your school. For most sixth forms that you apply to, mock grades are used as predictions and those determine if the school will offer you a place. Sometimes they will say yes, you can come regardless of the grades you get on results day - or they might give you specific requirements that you must meet on results day as well as the general entry requirements
Most schools will also allow you, upon request, to increase your predictions so you're more likely to get a place but then again some don't want you to leave at all
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone ??
I teach in a selective school and I've answered ... each school is different.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PizzaMan2989)
A grammar school will set grade targets; they won;t take you regardless of results. Also as it's likely to be over-subscribed they can take the highest qualified students.
Mathswhiz
Rep:
?
Mock results are more important than GCSE results then ??
PizzaMan2989
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mock results are more important than GCSE results then ??
The idea is to revise for mocks like it's your actual GCSE
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I’m worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (0)
0%
I’m worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (0)
0%
I’m worried it will impact my future career (0)
0%
I’m worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (0)
0%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (0)
0%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (0)
0%

Watched Threads