The Student Room Group

Idealising ex’s new girl

He treats her sm better than he treated me and shes my total opposite. I’m blonde small, curvy not book smart but creative and shy. He stayed with me for three years but kept it hidden.

She’s tall brunette skinny very smart and outgoing and popular. Every time I see them posted I feel sad to know he sees her as an upgrade to be proud of.

How can I stop idealising her in my mind and stop feeling less due to how he treated me compared to how he treats her?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
He treats her sm better than he treated me and shes my total opposite. I’m blonde small, curvy not book smart but creative and shy. He stayed with me for three years but kept it hidden.

She’s tall brunette skinny very smart and outgoing and popular. Every time I see them posted I feel sad to know he sees her as an upgrade to be proud of.

How can I stop idealising her in my mind and stop feeling less due to how he treated me compared to how he treats her?

Also, a mutual friend told me he was unkind about me and said I’m full of myself bc I know I’m pretty and can get boys. This really hurt as I’m just as insecure if not more than other girls are. When I post pics I do get attention but I only did it to get his attention.
Reply 2
Tysm

I’ll definitely work on that and I didn’t deserve it, I was really good to him. I’ll keep my head up x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending