The Student Room Group

What kind of guy would this be if real

I'm writing a fantasy essay and have created events around a fictional character.

What type of guy would this guy be if:

Military helicopters flying over his flat. Different police cars constantly following him.
Planes following him. Planes flying over his house all day long? Police helicopters going over his house. ?

Scroll to see replies

A highly dangerous criminal?
Original post by study beats
A highly dangerous criminal?

Could be. He'd have to be very dangerous I guess.
A guy with weird supernatural abililties
Reply 4
Pilot: Oh, lets see what x is up to today!
- Flies a ****ing loud airplane across the sky in hopes that he doesn't notice -

??? you being serious?
Original post by Xarao
- Flies a ****ing loud airplane across the sky in hopes that he doesn't notice -

??? you being serious?

In the essay I'm being serious. In real life..... No that would be too strange
Reply 6
Original post by UlsterDefence
In the essay I'm being serious. In real life..... No that would be too strange

If the intent within your essay is to "follow", then using an airplane has no logic at all.
Original post by Xarao
If the intent within your essay is to "follow", then using an airplane has no logic at all.

Well it's not just following. It's kind a powerful force with a part of it being Police cars passing the guy often and knowing his every move. The other part is military helicopters going over his house and jets or planes being around when hes around
Original post by ApexCoder
A guy with weird supernatural abililties

That's an interesting conclusion.
Original post by Xarao

??? you being serious?

Well maybe they want him to know
A paranoid delusional.
Original post by Drewski
A paranoid delusional.

In my essay this is actually happening so he wouldn't be paranoid delusional character
In my essay this is actually happening so he wouldn't be paranoid delusional character

It's so far fetched and unrealistic, though.

Surveillance isn't that unusual, but it's covert. That level of overt surveillance is pointless.
A whistleblower who has government secrets he wants to expose to tell the people the truth.

That is just what the character believes is happening.
Original post by DiddyDecAlt
That is just what the character believes is happening.

No. I'm going to put it that it is really happening.
I didn't want to go down the Patrick Bateman road with that he was just simply imagining it all at the end
No. I'm going to put it that it is really happening.
I didn't want to go down the Patrick Bateman road with that he was just simply imagining it all at the end

Patrick Bateman wasn't imagining it, it's just they fluffed up the ending.
Someone who the police want to keep an eye on. Perhaps a controversial celebrity or an infamous criminal? Or a prime minister who everyone hates??
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by aciana
Patrick Bateman wasn't imagining it, it's just they fluffed up the ending.

No I think he was imagining. The cash machine told him to feed it a cat. And the police car blew up the whole street from one of his shots. And his old apartment was found without the dead female body's he thought he stashed there.
I'm writing a fantasy essay and have created events around a fictional character.

What type of guy would this guy be if:

Military helicopters flying over his flat. Different police cars constantly following him.
Planes following him. Planes flying over his house all day long? Police helicopters going over his house. ?

A petty criminal that lives by an airport

Quick Reply

Latest