Help Me :-)
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Does anyone know what came up in the English lit paper 2 exam 2019. I've got mocks tomorrow and have the worst flu/cough ever. I've tried to revise for it but it's too much to read, I'm getting dizzy.
A few hints would be nice. I love English but right now my brain refuses to learn.
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Help Me :-))
Does anyone know what came up in the English lit paper 2 exam 2019. I've got mocks tomorrow and have the worst flu/cough ever. I've tried to revise for it but it's too much to read, I'm getting dizzy.
A few hints would be nice. I love English but right now my brain refuses to learn.
Don’t worry about the mock, it’s only a practice paper. I suppose it’s too late now as you’re most likely doing the mock! Good luck
Soph.mp4
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Please still say my mock is Monday I'd really like to know
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Soph.mp4)
Please still say my mock is Monday I'd really like to know
The papers haven’t been released I’m afraid. You need to learn how to structure the answers, rather than cheating.
Last edited by Hazelly; 2 months ago
epicnm
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The paper was pretty easy, but knowing the content won’t help you to “revise”, because it’s about exam technique. The best way to revise for it is to practice with other papers and in terms of the non fiction writing, I believe it was about celebrities?
Rep:
?
Thanks guys. To my surprise it was really easy. Everything I revised came in. Still have 14 exams left plus another exam during the holiday. Any advice on revising for exams effectively? Especially in science and languages.
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thanks guys. To my surprise it was really easy. Everything I revised came in. Still have 14 exams left plus another exam during the holiday. Any advice on revising for exams effectively? Especially in science and languages.
practice questions are good for all subjects. make sure you fully understand all the concepts in the sciences- do diagrams, break down processes and rewrite them in your own words.
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
practice questions are good for all subjects. make sure you fully understand all the concepts in the sciences- do diagrams, break down processes and rewrite them in your own words.
I actually do this method where I get past papers and do them. However when I did my biology mocks paper only 2 questions from the past paper had come up.. It is effective for other subject but for me not much in science.
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I actually do this method where I get past papers and do them. However when I did my biology mocks paper only 2 questions from the past paper had come up.. It is effective for other subject but for me not much in science.
you can't expect the same questions to come up, i'd say past papers are still super useful for practising exam technique and applying your knowledge so you know how to respond to questions that range in difficulty.
Rep:
?
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
you can't expect the same questions to come up, i'd say past papers are still super useful for practising exam technique and applying your knowledge so you know how to respond to questions that range in difficulty.
I guess you're right. Technique wise it does help. Thanks for the advice
entertainmyfaith
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I guess you're right. Technique wise it does help. Thanks for the advice
no worries, good luck with your GCSEs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (157)
60.62%
Yes- I don't like it (11)
4.25%
No- I want it (73)
28.19%
No- I don't want it (18)