Who were your parents favourite footballers?

Watch
FemaleinDress
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
as in what footballers when you were growing up did your parents tell you about in great detail?

when i was a kid , my dad always told me about John Mcginley(Bolton) and remembered Sam Allardyce when he was a player at Bolton as well
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Parents?? Eek, I remember John McGinlay playing!

My mum is the football supporter and was all about Derek Dooley; 63 goals in 63 games for Sheffield Wednesday and remembers exactly where she was when the news came through that he had broken his leg in a match. Tragically, he lost his leg to gangrene.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FemaleinDress)
as in what footballers when you were growing up did your parents tell you about in great detail?

when i was a kid , my dad always told me about John Mcginley(Bolton) and remembered Sam Allardyce when he was a player at Bolton as well
Pele, the Black Pearl
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Mainly the great German footballers and world champions from the 70s when they were teenagers:

Beckenbauer, Maier, Gerd Müller, Overath, Netzer and Hoeneß.

International players they liked:

Pele, Keegan (especially my mother when he played for HSV in the 80s), Lineker and Johan Micoud (former player for Werder Bremen).

That is everything I know about their favorite players. I am sure they had more in the past, but these were the ones who my parents told me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (8)
15.38%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (11)
21.15%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (4)
7.69%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (8)
15.38%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (4)
7.69%
I think it's an unfair expectation (16)
30.77%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads