username4953728
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hi guys. i’m kinda considering taking five a-levels. i currently do english, french, psychology and history. i speak french fluently and i got an a in my xmas exam without revising. i’m interested in languages and i’ve heard that, because i speak french spanish wouldn’t be very difficult to pick up, so i’m considering taking up spanish. i’ve read various posts on taking five a-levels but they all seem to be science/maths related ones. does anyone know from experience what this would be like? thanks
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by petitemadame19)
hi guys. i’m kinda considering taking five a-levels. i currently do english, french, psychology and history. i speak french fluently and i got an a in my xmas exam without revising. i’m interested in languages and i’ve heard that, because i speak french spanish wouldn’t be very difficult to pick up, so i’m considering taking up spanish. i’ve read various posts on taking five a-levels but they all seem to be science/maths related ones. does anyone know from experience what this would be like? thanks
What’s the point in taking five a levels? Universities only ask for three, so why not work in your spare time doing voluntary work as an example?
AM_TSR
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'd pick 4 maximum for AS & drop your least favourite/least relevent one for your course, whenever you feel is appropriate
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
What’s the point in taking five a levels? Universities only ask for three, so why not work in your spare time doing voluntary work as an example?
i will doing 4 A-levels... literally
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
i will doing 4 A-levels... literally
How come?
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How come?
lemmie explain why (might type a lot):
so originally i was meant to be doing French (i speak fluently French and got a 9 in my GCSEs for it (plus with little to no revision too)), Economics and Chemistry... however pretty much no schools in my area/county offer A-level French as only 3-4 students would do the subject. (it kinda pisses me off when i see lots of people on TSR doing A-level French. Also don't understand how 3-4 students in a class isn't enough when there are some sixth forms/colleges have classes with only 2-3 students in it!!!). So the school i went to from year 7-11 said that they would enter me for it and a would only be doing 2 A-levels in school and my mum would teach me French at home after work on the weekend etc... to the point where see said i would do the final exam THIS YEAR to "get the A-level out of the way" as she would put it but that's not happen now lol we are gonna start the course in January (welp on the bright side i will be able to do the International A-level as it's easier than the regular and i don't have a British passport but a French one so surely that gives me a good excuse to do it??). Now you maybe be wondering why didn't you stay in your secondary school for sixth form? I simply couldn't as i didn't meet the grade requirement to do Chemistry (at that school you needed a 7 but i achieved a 6-6). after that we decided to go to another sixth form however that sixth form didn't offer French or Economics (i can maybe understand French... but Economics COME ON!!)... they wouldn't enter me for the exam... so now we go to ANOTHER sixth form (i one i am currently at) so my mum asks if they offer A-level French and the school says no so says ok that's fine why don't I teach my daughter A-level French and you guys enter her for the exam (and apparently another students were able to do this). The aim of this was for me to do Chemistry and Economics at school and then do French at home but they along with the school that doesn't do French or economics wouldn't let me do this or enter me for the exam (which is stupid in my opinion just bro just enter me for the fricken exam). So what am a doing now? stuck on my a$$ doing A-level Physics, Chemistry, Economics (in school) and French at home (i wasn't meant to be doing Physics and even hesitated whether to do Physics or Biology)... haven't* proof read and sorry if there are any* mistakes...
Last edited by 1st superstar; 2 months ago
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How come?
explained why i do 4 A-levels
Last edited by 1st superstar; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?