Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well ive just been watching my bf play with one of our cats Donnacha. It just dawned on me... i swear she's a dog stuck in a cats body!
    She likes to play with scrunched up sweetie wrappers... the other day we were throwing them around for her, and she "buried" one in a bag. We took the bag when we went out and when we came home several hours later she went looking for it, and found it.
    We decided to give her a little test by putting lots of sweet wrappers in a roses box, and she actually searched through and found the one she was playng with
    And today i see her playing fetch with my boyfriend!
    So he has decided to test her by using 3 identical sweetie wrappers, one of which she has been playing fetch with. So he throws all 3 and she brings back the one she knows she was playing with, ignoring the other two:confused:
    My other cat Gilly is nothing like this. And ive never seen a cat like mine before!
    Yeah so.. theres not much point to this except... Do i have myself a magic CatDog? Lol

ReputationRep:
    :O

I remember that CatDog cartoon. Takes me back.
    And yeah, your cat is definately a dog.

ReputationRep:
    take it to a vet, quick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XskittyX)
    Well ive just been watching my bf play with one of our cats Donnacha. It just dawned on me... i swear she's a dog stuck in a cats body!
    She likes to play with scrunched up sweetie wrappers... the other day we were throwing them around for her, and she "buried" one in a bag. We took the bag when we went out and when we came home several hours later she went looking for it, and found it.
    We decided to give her a little test by putting lots of sweet wrappers in a roses box, and she actually searched through and found the one she was playng with
    And today i see her playing fetch with my boyfriend!
    So he has decided to test her by using 3 identical sweetie wrappers, one of which she has been playing fetch with. So he throws all 3 and she brings back the one she knows she was playing with, ignoring the other two:confused:
    My other cat Gilly is nothing like this. And ive never seen a cat like mine before!
    Yeah so.. theres not much point to this except... Do i have myself a magic CatDog? Lol
    no just very clever

ReputationRep:
    does your pussy bark?

ReputationRep:
    Calling your cat a dog? How could you be so insulting to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    :O

I remember that CatDog cartoon. Takes me back.
    And yeah, your cat is definately a dog.
    haha omg i'd forgotten about that :lolz:

ReputationRep:
    my cat does some of those things, I reckon my cat is secretly a bear:yep:

ReputationRep:
    My dog thinks it's a cat!

ReputationRep:
    Sounded really interesting but now I couldn't care less

ReputationRep:
    video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video video videovideovideovideovideovideovi deovideovideo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bishbashbosh)
    my cat does some of those things, I reckon my cat is secretly a bear:yep:
    Now then... maybe that there is my problem? She has never seen a dog ot learn how one would behave, But there is the off chance of a bear living under my bed :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_emme_x)
    My dog thinks it's a cat!
    Same with mine lol.. what breeds yours?

Mine purrs (or very close to) which is slightly worrying sometimes

OP - sounds like your cat wants to be a dog

ReputationRep:
    yeah my dog thinks she is a cat as well, she purrs, she paws stuff, she jumps in the air and walks on small things as if she's got the best balance in the world... strange girl!

ReputationRep:
    The thread title sounds so much more exciting than the actual post...

No, your cat is a cat, that likes to play with sweet wrappers.

ReputationRep:
    wouldnt it just be because the cat's scent would be on the one it had been playing with, so it would go to that one first?
    the fetch thing is a bit weird though.
    one of my cats looks like a dog with a cat's face. i've always wanted to put him on a lead and take him for walks :p:

ReputationRep:
    My dog is scared of cats but happily chases after foxes in the middle of the night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    Same with mine lol.. what breeds yours?

Mine purrs (or very close to) which is slightly worrying sometimes

OP - sounds like your cat wants to be a dog
    A patterdale terrier, suppose to be breed for catching rabbits and other some mammals. he purrs, he also curls up neatly on a cushion so no part of him is off the cushion, I'm allergic to cats anyway!

ReputationRep:
    our springer tries to curl up on our laps but hes just a bit too big, its amusing when he falls off. Its watching him bat things to see if theyll move, and he is partail to cat toys too which next doors cat brings over to us..

ReputationRep:
    I think my cat may secretly be a ferret.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.