Conservative win now makes racism and homophobia OK? Watch

GodAtum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Unfortunately, I think Boris's win emboldens people to be more racist and homophobic.
Glaz
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yep
We love discrimination don't we :yay:

Spoiler:
Show

sarcasm
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doubtful. As a nation we are becoming less bigotted and prejudiced by each generation.

There is nothing to indicate that this is going to reverse or that we are somehow going to become more racist or homaphobic.

Internationally we are one of the least racist and homophobic nations, and this is likely to remain true.
WoodlandSorcerer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hopefully not, how awful.
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GodAtum)
Unfortunately, I think Boris's win emboldens people to be more racist and homophobic.
Absolute poppycock. Where do you get that idea from.
MadClown
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think Labour people are more divisive than Conservatives lol.
They attack people who have different beliefs.
Labelling them as racists, homophobes.

- Coming from a minority who isn't British.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Even the tory party is becoming less and less prejudiced. Look at the manifesto and cabinet of 2019, and compare it to the 1980s, or even 90s..

You will clearly see how many progressive stances they have adopted, including supporting abortion, single parents, no-fault devorces, gay marriage, multi-cultralism etc.

You may not like the leader, and he may be a lot of bad things, but the party is becoming more and more socialy liberal by each election.

Obviously labour are always more liberal than them, that's their role.. but the tory party of today are more socially liberal then the labour party of 20 years ago etc.

There is nothing to get to worried about.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
are you trying to tell me that i voted for someone who is homophobic, despite being gay 🙄 naw. what makes you say that?
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
we now have at least 5 years of strong and stable government by grown-ups. let's enjoy it
snazzy viking
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jom24214)
I think Labour people are more divisive than Conservatives lol.
They attack people who have different beliefs.
Labelling them as racists, homophobes.

- Coming from a minority who isn't British.
I agree with this

I don't think tearing down signs of opposition parties gives Labour a good rep
UlsterDefence
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Dont be silly. Ethnic people and gay people have the most rights here than any nation on earth. They are very protected here in UK and the government infact bend over backwards for these groups.
Take your noncense somewhere else and respect what this country gives you.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by UlsterDefence)
Dont be silly. Ethnic people and gay people have the most rights here than any nation on earth. They are very protected here in UK and the government infact bend over backwards for these groups.
Take your noncense somewhere else and respect what this country gives you.
'the most rights?' oh please do explain. what extra rights do we have exactly?
UlsterDefence
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
'the most rights?' oh please do explain. what extra rights do we have exactly?
Well gay people get funded huge gay parade's all around towns everywhere, Police arrest anyone who says something slightly homophobic. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I have s problem with that.

But gays don't get nowhere the same as ethnics tho. They get everything handed on a plate to them
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well gay people get funded huge gay parade's all around towns everywhere, Police arrest anyone who says something slightly homophobic. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I have s problem with that.

But gays don't get nowhere the same as ethnics tho. They get everything handed on a plate to them
....uhm, no. like what exactly do we get handed on a plate? i'd love to know, i feel like i'm missing out. and that huge parade isn't 100% free. like there's no fee for the parade itself (which not only gay people can attend) but if you want to join all the fun festivals too you often have to get a paid pass (which can be like over £60 in manchester)
Kulai1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not wanting your country to be taken over by immigrants is not racist. Just look at places like Luton, Birmingham, Sheffield etc. The people have spoken.

Thankfully conservatives can now deal with this country's immigration problem and put a proper skills - based immigration system in place. To start though I think there will be mass deportations of Eastern Europeans and Commonwealth immigrants.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
are you trying to tell me that i voted for someone who is homophobic, despite being gay 🙄 naw. what makes you say that?
He insulted homosexuals calling them b*m boys, which was disgusting.
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Brace yourselves, the Tories are coming.
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wired_1800)
He insulted homosexuals calling them b*m boys, which was disgusting.
yeah. like 20 ago, lol. we don't care anymore.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

You’ve clearly never seen the news stories that come out almost weekly about gay men getting attacked and beaten up... what world do you live in because it isn’t the real one
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ciel.)
yeah. like 20 ago, lol. we don't care anymore.
If you say so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (70)
28.23%
1 (40)
16.13%
2 (40)
16.13%
3 (35)
14.11%
4 (17)
6.85%
5 (20)
8.06%