Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A lot of those numptys you see on the UK's My Sweet Sixteen (MTV) are loaded but total chavs.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a disgusting word and a stupid generalisation.
    I live in a council house; would you call me a chav?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_star_raw_1989)
    Council
    House
    And
    Violent.

Lol

ReputationRep:
    council house, benifits, stupid etc etc

Just low class people isnt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I think it's a disgusting word and a stupid generalisation.
    I live in a council house; would you call me a chav?
    Many chavs are people who live there sadly. I know a few who don't and they are cool and are so not chavs. I respect the people who do well from council houses, because a lot of the time they have to work to get there, and some work really hard.

In my area chavs are those who:

Wear tracksuits and tight fitting tops and think they're 'hard'.
    Listening to loud dance music.
    Are horrible people.

I got into an incident with them once (well it was my friend actually cos his really good bike got nicked and he found chavs taking it into their grotty flat a few months after, but thats another story).

Obviously many non chavs dress like i said, but that's not the point. Chavs are not nice people and you can pretty much tell what they are like straight away by their attitude. And there are different types of chavs out there (who wear different ombos but i cba to say anymore :p:)

ReputationRep:
    very common....cheap clothes and fake designer stuff....

ReputationRep:
    I wear sports tops (well, Celtic and GAA tops), sometimes wear tracky bottoms, have short hair, listen to dance music (amongst lots of other genres), and drink in public. But I'm still pretty damn far from being a chav.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    I wear sports tops (well, Celtic and GAA tops), sometimes wear tracky bottoms, have short hair, listen to dance music (amongst lots of other genres), and drink in public. But I'm still pretty damn far from being a chav.
    :confused: you are seen as one though....

Do you think its cool to dress like that or something, have you ever gotten a 13 year old pregnant?

ReputationRep:
    Asian chavs are difficult to define too.

I'd say a chav is anyone who says "innit", "safe", "bruv" etc, extremely frequently, who wears baggy clothing along with jewellery, with baggy trousers (normally trackies).

ReputationRep:
    lol someone negged me for saying "i guess you are a chav then'. Wtf, i never wear trackies or wear tight fitting tops... God the amount of sad people on here who look for any chance to neg rep people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
    :confused: you are seen as one though....
    No I'm not, people here, or at least those I associate with, aren't narrow minded snobs.

Do you think its cool to dress like that or something, have you ever gotten a 13 year old pregnant?
    Tracky bottoms = comfortable. I wouldn't go out for the night in a pair, or go to a job interview with them.

Runners = comfortable. I wear shoes when I have to, but they're simply not as comfortable as trainers, full stop.

I wear Celtic and GAA shirts to show support to my team.

I don't wear baggy pants or huge t-shirts, I don't dress like some nob from MTV or Channel U, I don't wear jewellery. And to be honest I'd rather shoot myself than go out wearing a blazer or long hair.

(Original post by nothingspek)
    Well, I don't really use the term "chav", the term "hooligan" seems more appropriate.
    or chav = staffordshire bull terrier.

ReputationRep:
    i think the worst chavs are from council estates, im not saying that all people from council estates are chavs but you would find more chavs in a council estate than say a posh suburb.
    i think of a chav as someone who hangs around streets smoking and drinking cans, and giving anyone who looks at them a hard stare or shouts out at random people. They dont allways wear tracksuits and burberry caps but the clothes are still..well chavvy lol xDD

ReputationRep:
    scum

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.