linclon student
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i have a large chest but not sure how to measure it so im not 100% on my proper size, does it matter if i wear a bra that not the right size
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by linclon student)
i have a large chest but not sure how to measure it so im not 100% on my proper size, does it matter if i wear a bra that not the right size
just go into a bra-shop? you can get measured ...
linclon student
Rep:
?
i throught that be how embarrassing it would be
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i throught that be how embarrassing it would be
that is their job. there is nothing you could show them that they haven't seen every day for the last 20 years....
linclon student
Rep:
?
(Original post by the bear)
that is their job. there is nothing you could show them that they haven't seen every day for the last 20 years....
so would i have to take my bra off, what if its a guy doing it ?
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
so would i have to take my bra off, what if its a guy doing it ?
you would need to remove your garment. the assistant is usually female, but in any case would maintain a professional attitude.
linclon student
Rep:
?
i know this sounds odd but would they handle my breasts as im not really used to it
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They won't see you naked. They won't touch your breasts.

They measure you while you're wearing the bra you came in wearing and work from there. They leave the room while you change bras.
Last edited by sinfonietta; 1 month ago
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
normally you dont take your bra off in a bra fitting. they'll hand you some to try on then you change behind a curtain.
linclon student
Rep:
?
can i got into any clothes shop and ask ? like primark ?
nintysixthousand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you google it you can see how to measure at home to work out your size
linclon student
Rep:
?
i didnt know if it would be better to get my breasts measured by someone so its done right
Dancer2001
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s free in a lot of shops eg. Debenhams. Just go and ask for a bra fitting. They will measure you with your bra on, then give you one to try, and see how it fits. They do it every day and it’s not embarrassing at all. Take a friend with you if you want.
Dani_02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
A lot of shops do bra fittings for free. I got mine done with Boux Avenue, they're good if you're looking for a recommendation. (little expensive but good if you're looking for a good quality and comfy bra - as well as being pretty)
You leave the bra you currently have on and they take your measurements, give you a bra they think will fit and leave the room while you try it on. They'll come back in when you're ready and will see if it is the right fit or not. If not they change the bra and if it is the right fit, then great.
I went to Boux for my first bra at probably 12, after wearing sports bras for a while I decided I wanted an actual bra. I went with my mum but go with anyone you're comfortable with. They're professionals they know what they're doing. It's not too awkward, you may feel it at first but then again it's their job so no need to feel weird about it. I still go in for fittings now. Whether it's because I want to try a different bra type to the ones I have, or if it is to double check that I don't need to go up a size.
username5114988
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Get a bra fitting. I've had fittings done in both M&S and Boux Avenue.
Last edited by username5114988; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (90)
13.02%
1 (89)
12.88%
2 (89)
12.88%
18.96%
22.43%
19.83%

Watched Threads