The Student Room Group

Just had a bath bc of my cold and my nose has cleared AMA

😪 AMA
Get well soon
Reply 2
Original post by ساره
Get well soon

Thank you, my nose has stuffed up again not even 5 mins after my bath, I WANNA BREATHE 😭💜
Is it literally Snot City chez vous?
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Is it literally Snot City chez vous?

Literally.

Thick enough for oxygen to not get through

I have become a mouth breather for the last few days bc of it :frown:((
Original post by Alayna1234
Literally.

Thick enough for oxygen to not get through

I have become a mouth breather for the last few days bc of it :frown:((

Urghh. Poor you.

Have you tried some Olbas oil or Vicks in a bowl of hot water and a towel over your head to inhale it? Old fashioned, but it works a treat.
Reply 6
Urghh. Poor you.

Have you tried some Olbas oil or Vicks in a bowl of hot water and a towel over your head to inhale it? Old fashioned, but it works a treat.

No, I actually haven’t tried that. I’ve done everything else from pills to lemsip to weird concoctions etc.

I will try that, will do it before I sleep so I can actually sleep properly for once and not wake up every 2 hours coughing and gasping for breath

Thank you :smile:
No, I actually haven’t tried that. I’ve done everything else from pills to lemsip to weird concoctions etc.

I will try that, will do it before I sleep so I can actually sleep properly for once and not wake up every 2 hours coughing and gasping for breath

Thank you :smile:

Ooh yes, well definitely try it then. Nice big pyrex bowl (if you can get a 3L one, that's ideal). If you don't have a big bowl then use a large saucepan.

Boiling water, good few drops of Olbas oil then head under the towel and inhale like your life depends on it. It'll feel a bit like it's burning, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's an enjoyable experience, but you'll actually be able to breathe after. Oh, the relief.... :smile:

If you remember, post back to tell me if it worked for you. I've sworn by it for years.
Reply 8
Ooh yes, well definitely try it then. Nice big pyrex bowl (if you can get a 3L one, that's ideal). If you don't have a big bowl then use a large saucepan.

Boiling water, good few drops of Olbas oil then head under the towel and inhale like your life depends on it. It'll feel a bit like it's burning, and I wouldn't necessarily say it's an enjoyable experience, but you'll actually be able to breathe after. Oh, the relief.... :smile:

If you remember, post back to tell me if it worked for you. I've sworn by it for years.

Just had a look aroun and I don’t have any olbas oil.

Would tea tee oil work?
Just had a look aroun and I don’t have any olbas oil.

Would tea tee oil work?

No. It has to be Olbas Oil, or Vicks at a push. Can you ask someone to pop into a pharmacy/supermarket and pick some up for you?
Lol you don't have cold tablets in your city?
No. It has to be Olbas Oil, or Vicks at a push. Can you ask someone to pop into a pharmacy/supermarket and pick some up for you?

I’ll ask my sister

Thank you so much x
Urghh. Poor you.

Have very clear memories of the boiling bowl treatment :colondollar: when we lived with my nan my parent would prepare the bowl and my nan would supervise as I was leant over it. Was often very poorly as a child as was super prone to chest infections, is a very effective method. Don't envy my parent for having to clear out melted Vicks from the bowl afterwards though :colondollar:

Quick Reply