itachikage
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So currentlynim doing btec but I just want to self study A levels
Do u guys know where I can find books , resources, notes , anything would be great for ( for bio ,chem ,physics)
I tried searching libraries but I was not happy with what I found
Thanks
Last edited by itachikage; 1 year ago
htmr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
which subjects? it’s definitely possible to do it from textbooks or online but if you want more specific help you’ve gotta be more specific
itachikage
Rep:
?
(Original post by htmr)
which subjects? it’s definitely possible to do it from textbooks or online but if you want more specific help you’ve gotta be more specific
biology chem and physics
htmr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sorry i can’t help on specifics then lol but maybe just try starting by searching for textbooks for the exam board and subject on amazon? have a look through reviews and find what’s best for you. i’m self studying too and i’ve found that youtube videos, especially from other students, have been insanely helpful
BiologyQueen:)
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by itachikage)
biology chem and physics
There are definitely A level books on bio, chem and physics you can look online to find them for example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Level-Biolo...6256686&sr=8-2

That is a biology one from Amazon but it really depends on your exam board and price range.
hope that helped
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you will need to find a centre to take the exams through as there are required practicals
itachikage
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadingMum)
you will need to find a centre to take the exams through as there are required practicals
It's not for exams..I just want to get to know stuff
itachikage
Rep:
?
(Original post by htmr)
sorry i can’t help on specifics then lol but maybe just try starting by searching for textbooks for the exam board and subject on amazon? have a look through reviews and find what’s best for you. i’m self studying too and i’ve found that youtube videos, especially from other students, have been insanely helpful
Thanks man really appreciate it
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
in that case books and youtube videos is good
The-judge-16
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So currentlynim doing btec but I just want to self study A levels
Do u guys know where I can find books , resources, notes , anything would be great for ( for bio ,chem ,physics)
I tried searching libraries but I was not happy with what I found
Thanks
Are you currently doing applied science?
itachikage
Rep:
?
(Original post by The-judge-16)
Are you currently doing applied science?
Yep
Racsoix
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why exactly do you want to self-study but not take any exams?
itachikage
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racsoix)
Why exactly do you want to self-study but not take any exams?
I've mentioned it already.. I just want learn more stuff
I dont wanna lag behind just bcos my gcse got f'ed up due to illness
The-judge-16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yep
I was in a very similar position to you, I only achieved 6-5 in combined science, 5 in maths and 4 in English language. However I was very fortunate to change from applied science (which I found absolutely awful) to a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology. You could always consider changing sixth forms?
Last edited by The-judge-16; 1 year ago
Racsoix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've mentioned it already.. I just want learn more stuff
I dont wanna lag behind just bcos my gcse got f'ed up due to illness
What do you want to go on to do? Do you need the knowledge you will gain from self-studying?
itachikage
Rep:
?
(Original post by Racsoix)
What do you want to go on to do? Do you need the knowledge you will gain from self-studying?
Yes , I want to get into medical school so I think it might be helpful ??
itachikage
Rep:
?
I was in a very similar position to you, I only achieved 6-5 in combined science, 5 in maths and 4 in English language. However I was very fortunate to change from applied science (which I found absolutely awful) to a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology. You could always consider changing sixth forms?
Idk If they do that and tbh I did IGCSE so mu grades are B in physics C in chem and biology and I completely missed math exam so I retook it last month and I actually asked a lot of scls but none offered A levels for me
Racsoix
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes , I want to get into medical school so I think it might be helpful ??
Are you able to get in with your Applied Science btec? I'm not familiar with btecs really. If you are then sure, you can read up on the relevant bits. Would probably avoid physics if you don't need it though (unless you want to do something medical physics related?). Generally bio and chem will suffice and the third option is used to supplement learning as it's mandatory. Just search up some textbooks online and flick through whatever would be helpful. If you don't actually want to take exams in the subjects then you've got more freedom in terms of how to revise. I would still recommend doing some past paper questions to solidify your knowledge but it's not as essential as if you were doing the actual A level. Good luck.
The-judge-16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Idk If they do that and tbh I did IGCSE so mu grades are B in physics C in chem and biology and I completely missed math exam so I retook it last month and I actually asked a lot of scls but none offered A levels for me
I’m sorry to hear that, all the best with everything though.
itachikage
Rep:
?
I’m sorry to hear that, all the best with everything though.
Thanks man.. gud luck to you to
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.61%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.28%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.94%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (15)
18.07%

Watched Threads